Departing.
127 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the catamaran,

They are on the main deck, the males are sitting on sofas while eating fresh bread with cheese. Jeamini, is on her feet, looking down.

The slave merchant smiles at Arthum, "This all wonderful mister Bornagain, but I'm afraid that the daylight is already leaving us. Can we start the transaction?"

Arthum nods and sip a bit of water, "Of course, but please explain how we will do it"

Orthum rubs his hands "Jeamini is already branded with the [slave], but she is without a master, so all you have to do is transfer a single point of mana to her, when your connection is strong in about a year or two, you will receive the mana point back." he reaches at her hands pulling her closer to Arthum "She will belong to you, to never betray and to never harm"

Arthum nod and pulls his stats again


Arthum Bornagain |Sorcerer|LVL 17

str: 13

dex: 10

con: 16

wis: 18

int: 9

Mag: 6

Free points: 3

Spells

Light cantrip

Fire slash

Electric parry.


I will have 5 points for magic still. He nods at the merchant, and extend his hand at her. He touches her smooth hands, she has never hold on a hovel or an ax. Arthum slowly caress her hand while sending his magic, it is a rough exercise, he never used mana while on his farm.

Jeamini frowns, feeling the harness, but the magic settles, and the link is formed. She is enslaved. A tear fall from her left eye, but she steps closer to Arthum, to be on his side.

On his stats the "Mag" attribute has changed to 5/61 Arthum do not read his stats, he just understands it, just as everyone in the world being literate or not. "The connection is made sir" The slaver, has already finished counting his coins and leave the ship. 

Arthum turn for the girl, "Well, sit there." he points on the sofa at his face. "I fancy you, that the major reason for my purchase, but I will need you to work too. I'm on a need to learn how to read and write." he sees the tears in her eyes, and a bit of fear. "I need your services and I have too many secrets for non-[slaved] servants, but I promise to not harm you or to touch you indiscriminately" Slavery happens on this land, Arthum has always heard of. But, non-magical people, like farmers, never need any or had the means to own a slave.

From what he knows, slaves are highly educated people or highly skilled. Magician and nobles are the only one that have them. But even then, they can only take so much per year, since the mana cost are steep, to own and to level up them.

Jeamini wipes her cheek softly, and nods at her master. "I thank you sir, I will do my best to be a great employee and a trusted servant."

Arthum smiles and get up, "Great! Let's see the slaves quarter then" Arthum wait for her to also stand and follow him to the left side of the boat, "Bigeyes, what is the name of this side of the boat?"

The gnoll, look at his master's and eagerly answers "The port side, masta, the side that touches port."

Arthum smile, and looks at the woman "Precisely, my servants stay on this side" going down the stairs the stern part of the boat have a lot of hammocks and personal stuff for the crew, the center has a bathroom, and some storage, we turn to the  bow, where a dark door with steel decorations of flowers. The slave quarters. Arthum had not explored this part yet, he just looks it at the door. After unlocking, the inside has 4 hammocks, of a much better material than on his servant's quarters, a very small bathroom and a closet, besides some smalls chests. He looks at Jeamini, that again has tears on her eyes. "No worries, I know it is not as great as your previous life, but it is a good room."

She looks at Arthum and smiles, "thank you sir."

He knocks on the door frame. "Well... make yourself at home, then. In the morning we will be parting."

 

 

2