Chapter 15 : Wait… why am I doing this voluntarily?! But… it’s time for my Counterattack!
226 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's already been 2 months since the start of my weird high school life. But all that I can say is that… I want this to end!!!! All her orders here and there, I want them all to end!

“Here.” I handed Furushira-san her own carton of milk, the usual, as I sat down on my chair with mine.

Wait…

What just….

Did I……? 

No… I must've just gotten carried away. After all… there's no way I would just do what she would want voluntarily, right?

Then, the rest of the day continued normally…… is what I'd like to say, but I… have to admit… I really am doing it…. I was afraid of that dream since that time I dreamt of it… but to think I'd be doing what she wants without asking for it.

But this makes 2 things sure. But to clear it up a bit, no, I still haven't fallen for her will, and won't I ever. I will be the one to do so, I just have to wait for an opening. But this just makes me sure as well… that when I am doing this voluntarily, it just pretty much shows how much I've learnt about her. But then again, I can use this into my advantage.

So for now, I'll continue doing this, and wait for an opening so I can turn the tables. There are times that I did, but those were just slight ones, it didn't even last a long time until she came back up. So with this, if she feels like I'm slowly losing against her, there's a good chance that she'll lower her guard, and by that time… I'll surely…

“What else?”

The two of us met again after class. We didn't plan this or talk about this, this is just pure coincidence. We met again at the supermarket. And as I said, I'd be doing everything for her for now, so whatever she asks for in the supermarket, I take it and placed it on her push cart.

“Let's see… I need… soy sauce, garlic, onion and paprika powder, salt and pepper, sugar, curry powder and some tea.”

As always, it sounded like an incantation. But just as I said, it's been 2 months and I'm starting to get used to that, which made it slightly easier. So I got to give her everything she wanted.

“Nothing else?”

“Yeah. Give that to me.”

“Here.”

I gently pushed the push cart to her as she went to the cashier. But then again, I am behind her, as I was just about to pay as well.

“Thank you for coming!” the cashier said enthusiastically as I took Furushira-san's bag, carrying my own supermarket bag on the other hand.

“Oh. It's nice to have you be so understanding.” she said.

Alright… it's working out pretty well.

The two of us went to practically the same street, so I walked her home first, with the supermarket bag still in my hand. 

“You know, weird rumours may start if somebody saw us, right?”

She went ahead and asked, just literally a few meters away from her house. So basically her house, the door to her house is literally just in front of us.

But her voice… they were softer than usual… I knew it… she let down her guard. This is the opening I've been waiting for forever! But… How will I counterattack? There's a lot of ways to do it, but… hmm… I think that'll work, especially in the long-run…. 

But this kind of attack is undoubtedly embarrassing… Whatever, if I want to take her down, I should at least be able to do at least this much. 

“So? Rumours are rumours. We only lose if we accept those rumours as the truth. But….” as she stood up in front of her door, facing me and as I handed her the supermarket bag, I closed up the distance.

This kind of move will only be effective once, for sure. That is when she lets down her guard on me, which will leave her easy to attack like this. And with our height difference, with her being just slightly shorter than me, it just makes it even more effective.

“??!!??” I felt her quiver as I placed my hand on her cheek.

As I placed it, I tilted her head upwards to face me, who is pretty much just a few inches away from her own face. Then, I moved my fingers and brushed her hair that is on her face to behind her ear.

“Surely you of all people wouldn't just accept that, right?” I moved my hand from behind her ear into her chin, using my index and thumb to lift her head by her chin.

“Well then—” I left her, waving the back of my hands goodbye.

Her face was left puzzled, dumbfounded and stupefied, which made me sure… that it took her by surprise. When I leave her be for a while, surely she'd be pretty red?

But then again… I can't say the same for myself, after all…

That was embarrassing!!!!!

That was so embarrassing….

I can feel my face redden up to the brim. I am never in my life doing that ever again. That was too much. If I didn't hold this there, I would've probably lost.

Although, her face… they were soft… and her hair was so smooth… and also… she smelled sweet… Do girls always smell that sweet? I sound lke a pervert thinking that but… and her eyes… I know it… they were more vibrant than the first time we met…

Ahh— geez, this is too much……!!!

But still… this counterattack would surely be worth it.

After all, she can't just say anything about this publicly. Nor would she be able to simply look me in the eye for a while at least. I'll make sure to take the initiative even at school, and I won't leave her any openings to fight back. Although, I'm kind of curious how she reacted… but I'll probably see how she is at school.

“??!!??” he placed his hands, his strong, yet gentle hands on my cheek as I slightly quivered from shock.

Wh-Wh-What is happening?!?!??!

?!!!?? 

He tilted my face upwards as he placed his own in front of me, practically just a few inches away. And then brushed my hair off my face with his fingers.

“Surely you of all people wouldn't just accept that, right?” he moved his fingers into my chin, lifting it up.

“Well then—”

Then he left. Just like that. Leaving me in shock, and dumbfounded, stupefied face. As I myself opened my door and entered my house. I immediately closed it back and slowly fell down, placing my hand on my heart as I leaned into the door.

What the hell was that?!?!?!!

I didn't expect him to be that aggressive immediately…… wait… did he plan that? Was he doing anything I wanted just to do that?! Just to make me let down my guard?! 

Geez! That sure did surprise me though. But I won't do it again!

I say that but…

Nnnnnn………!!!!!

I just can't remove his face in my mind!!! He was… he was… too cool!!!!

I felt my face heat up as his face overwhelmed my thoughts, and that scene played countless times in my head. The way he gently lifted me up with care, yet so aggressively……

I don't think I'll be able to look him in the eye again…

Damn him…. He thought this through so hard… I can't counter this one… I can't say something like, he fell for me… after all, he can just say that I got embarrassed by that, which I definitely did not (<-- she's lying), that I just got embarrassed because I think he's cool, or I fell for him or something….

Geez!!! He's making me think too much!!!!

6