Sun God – Chapter 1
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Ascension

 

“As one era ends, another begins. As one soul perishes, a new one emerges. As one villain terrorizes, one hero…rises.”

 

I scanned my eyes. “Access Granted.” said an automated voice. The door slid upwards, and we walked in. Computers were everywhere. But something was not right. I looked up, and saw a ceiling tile missing. Behind it was a tunnel that led straight up the mountain my base was in. I knew that danger lay up there, but I had to go for the sake of the Prospect tech. Hoisting myself up, I started running down the tunnel. As I dodged some hidden traps, I started noticing a dull hum that was never there before. I quickly strided through the deep water and made it to the end of the tunnel. I entered my space lab. And standing there, was none other than the original Prospect. With the Purple Prospect tech. 

   "Uncle Brody, this needs to stop." 

   "NEVER!" 

He threw an uppercut at me, which I failed to dodge. 103 quintillion calculations was overtaking me. I just started breathing fire at him, but he quickly dodged my flame and jabbed me. I let out a cry of pain, and thought of the flaming blood strategy. I took a knife, seared my skin, and took some blood. I could control anything with a high enough heat signature, including the sun. I shot the blood, and it was so far outstretched that Uncle Brody couldn't dodge it. All his tech broke down, and I didn't want to watch. I turned my back to my Uncle's corpse, and I smelled flesh burning. I sat down. I cried. Why did this only happen to me? Why can't I just live a normal life? I knew I had to protect Earth, though. I turned back around. Uncle Brody was under the Prospect tech at the corner. I walked toward it, and lifted the tech. But Uncle Brody wasn’t there. I sensed someone behind me, so I turned, but not fast enough. The knife I used to cut my arm singed through my stomach. I had enough strength to kill Uncle Brody with the knife. He fell, and I checked his pulse. Dead as a doorknob. I collapsed. Elise called my name from outside. But her words were drowned out by that hum. The one I heard when I came in. As I faded out of my soul, the hum was the only thing constant. Was I dead? No, I was still conscious. I opened my eyes. I was floating, and the pain from the stab was gone. 

 

“What… is this place?” I said to no one in particular. To my surprise, no one in particular answered. “Welcome to the Afterverse.” 

0