Chapter 18: Inside the Machinations of Kamoume
903 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside Kamoume's Head

"I'm awake."(Kamoume)

It's still a little dark but it's basically morning soooooo.......

"MOMMEH! WAKE UP! I'M HUNGRY!!!"(Kamoume)

Momma was already sleeping, she should be awake already she's not grandpa! I shook momma to wake momma up, I'm very strong to be able to move momma, oops, I shouldn't call her fat... but it's in my head so.... IT SHOULD BE OK!  

"honey, let mommy sleep for a bit more alright?"(Moume)

"But I'm hungry..."(Kamoume)

"we can eat in just a bit, ok?"(Moume)

"Hmph, fine!"(Kamoume)

Momma is so mean! I need to eat to grow so that I can get big and strong! Fine, I'll just go play with Reiko then!

I had to jump over rocks and walk pass a stream just to get to her. Jeez, why does she gotta sleep so far away! Why don't she wanna sleep with me? Is it because I smell? I don't think so.

Oh! There she is! Huh? Reiko is sleeping on top of a tree. How did she do that? I doubt her small arms are strong enough to climb it. Oh well, her parents probably taught her when she was a baby. Alright, upsy daisy. 

My nails extended and I clung into the tree. I moved up and up, the tree in between my thighs just like grandpappy taught me! 

Now I was hanging on the branch, Reiko was sleeping so soundly, I gotta be very gentle.

"Good morning Reiko! Wanna play with me?"(Kamoume)

"Hyaah!"(Reiko)

O- oops... mission failed... but I swore I used my inside voice...

"Are you ok?"(Kamoume)

At least, she fell onto the grass, she should be ok. 

"mrrhhmm..."(Reiko)

I jumped off from the tree and landed on my feet.

"What did you say?"(Kamoume)

"why did you wake me up so early...."(Reiko)

Hmm? Isn't this the normal time to wake up? Maybe she's nocturnal.

"Cause I want to play."(Kamoume)

"can't we play later?"(Reiko)

She don't want to play...

"Oh, ok..."(Kamoume)

I mean, I guess I can just go catch some frogs... 

"hah, ok, I'll play..."(Reiko)

Really?!

"Really!"(Kamoume)

"yeah..."(Reiko)

I grabbed Reiko's hand, this is gonna be sooooo fun! 


"Kreck!"(Reiko)

Reiko got hit by a ball... again, but that's fine, this is how she's gonna learn! Anyways, we've been walking for a while until we found this place to play! We got my ball and brought it all the way here! 

The ground was flat and soft and there were berry bushes nearby to eat. I wanted to play so many games, but... Reiko didn't know any of them... mali ball? no. Bounclow? no. Nothing, she knew nothing... so I chose catch, since it won't be fun if she doesn't know what she's doing! But... she's not good at that either...

You know what! I will make sure that by the end of the end, she will be the best catch player ever!

"Come on! You can do better! One two, one two!"(Kamoume)

I raised my arms up and down, with leaves as pom poms. 

Reiko raised her arms up and lunged it at me... but it kinda went over me...

"sorry! I'm not very good at these type of things..."(Reiko)

"It's ok! You can just try again! Here!"(Kamoume)

I grabbed the ball and tossed it at her. She readied her arm and threw it at me. The ball flew like bird heading straight at me. 

Captain! Captain! Meteor incoming! 

Darns, prepare the magic people put them in the front!

Soldiers! Prepare yourselves!

The meteor launched into me, it was life or death! I used all my power to stop it. It was too, too strong... no, I have to do this... for momma, for Tofu, for grandpappy. HYAAAH!!!

 

....

 

I caught the ball. 

Reiko did way better this time! She's improving very quickly!

"You're getting better!"(Kamoume)

"ok"(Reiko)

And then the ball jumped back to her and then me and then her and then me and then her, over and over...

"This is boring, let's do something else!"(Kamoume)

"o- okay."(Reiko)

"what do you want to do?"(Reiko)

"I don't know."(Kamoume)

I or Reiko didn't have anything to do so we just sat on the grass, the green, grassy, grass-like, .... green grass...

"This is even more boring!"(Kamoume)

"th- then what do you wanna do?"(Reiko)

"I don't know you choose!"(Kamoume)

"I, I don't really-"(Reiko)

"Anything is good! Just choose!"(Kamoume)

Reiko was quiet, she was thinking. 

Now we here see the natural Reiko in her natural habitat. Oh, it seems like she has gotten an idea. The Reiko's eyes will open up when they get an idea.

"how about we go help Mrs. Moume and Mr. Tofu with work?"(Reiko)

"THAT JUST SOUND LIKE CHORES! NO!, NUH UH, NAH! THIS IS CHILD LABOUR!"(Kamoume)

"oh... I guess it is..."(Reiko)

Jeez, Reiko really doesn't know how to have fun? I laid down on the soft the ground, feeling the wind. What should we do? Oh wait, I have an idea!

"REIKO!"(Kamoume)

"y- yes?"(Reiko)

"Can you bring that flying lady?"(Kamoume)

"oh, ok sure, if she's fine with it..."(Reiko)

Suddenly, the flying lady appeared Reiko and said.

"I'd be delighted to be here!"(Cheryl)

She was hugging Reiko... no fair, I wanna hug too. I went up to them and stretched my arms wide open for the biggest hug ever!

"You know Reiko, you should take a page from Kamoume's book and have fun a little."(Cheryl)

I one million percent agree! 

The flying lady then picked Reiko up and tossed her up into the air. 

"Ch- Cheryl? Please put me down!"(Reiko)

The flying lady didn't stop. Reiko was going up and down in the air, her eyes were becoming white which made the lady to stop. It seems like she's not a fan, I don't thing she will like flower jumping either...

Reiko was lying on the ground lifelessly, right now. 

"Are you alri- huh?"(Kamoume)

I went up to Reiko and tried to help her up, but the bushes nearby were rustling. The bushes were rustling... uh oh...

"R- reiko, can you still use the fire right? Because, I, I think there is something over there."(Kamoume)

My hands were shaking... I really hope Reiko can still fight. I- I wanted to run away, but I couldn't. Reiko got up and a small fire formed on her hand. She looked nervous with sweat going down her face, while the flying lady was behind her. Her eyes were focused, but she was still scared, her legs were shaking and her breath seemed heavy. 

The flying lady grabbed a branch and stood in a stance next to Reiko.

The rustling got louder and louder and louder, until....

....

A small brown, fuzzy animal jumped out. Huh... that was a bit anti-climatic... 

Oh well! It's soo cute~! Like it's dirty but it looks soooo fluffy! It was as big as my torso, and it had small circular ears and beady eyes! It's tail was really long and whip like. 

"oh my GAWD~!"(Cheryl)

The lady zoomed to the animal and held it in her arms.

"I haven't seen one of these since I was twelve!"(Cheryl)

Awee! She really likes them!

"Ms. Flying Lady, what is that thing?"(Kamoume)

"This here is what we call a jerby, also my name is Cheryl, no need to call me flying lady."(Cheryl)

"Ok!"(Kamoume)

The jerby was super friendly! It did not bite, claw or whatever, it just snuggled and licked Cheryl's glove. Cheryl let the jerby down. It moved its little leg towards and sniffled it's small pink nose.

I extended my hands towards it and pat it. It's fur were super furry, and fuzzy and like very very soft! 

"It's so soft!"(Kamoume)

Reiko was looking at us while I was cuddling with the jerby. 

"Wanna pet it?"(Kamoume)

I said extending my hands, holding the jerby. Reiko hesitantly approached it, her hand slightly tapped the head of jerby. Why was she so nervous, did she not like jerby? Does she not worship the jerby? 

"Is something wrong?"(Kamoue)

"n- no, it's just..."(Reiko)

I decided to hand the jerby to Reiko, she needs to learn to appreciate it! Reiko was a little scared, her mouth was opened and her pupils were spiraling. She held the jerby gently, well, as gently as her shaking hands could be.

She slowly pat the jerby every now and then, but soon, she begane patting it more, until she was practically hugging it! 

Ooh, I gotta get into this action!

I jumped towards the two putting them into a very tight hug! 

"Haha"(Reiko)

Wow, Reiko is laughing! You don't see that often!


"Kamoume! Honey, where are you!"(Moume)

It's momma.

"I'm over here!"(Kamoume)

"There you are, come on honey, let's go eat breakfast."(Moume)

"Okay mommy."(Kamoume)

Time went by so fast! Reiko and I got up and went back to camp.

"Oh, honey, put the jerby down."(Moume)

"Eh? Can't we keep it?"(Kamoume)

Momma made a light smirk and said

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but we cannot hun."(Moume)

wh- what? We can't keep it?

"B- but why!?"(Kamoume)

"Well, the jerby has its own family, it has its own mother and grandad."(Moume)

My cheeks became wet, it wasn't fair! 

"b- b- but..."(Kamoume)

I felt momma softly hugging me.

"There, there. Kamoume, think of it this way, how would you feel if someone took you away from me and grandpa?"(Moume)

"I w- would feel sad..."(Kamoume)

Mom just smiled at me in response. 

I have to do it... I put the jerby down, and it scurried away. Holding mom's hand, we went back to camp.

Goodbye jerby.

procrastination btw I don't proof read my work so tell me if I made any mistakes. A few more words to make it over 1600 words

37