The Night of the Festival and Chaos
329 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone sat on chairs placed in a curved pattern, all facing towards the Light Goddess statue seeing Light Goddess statue Ryu thought

'She sure is different from the Goddess who summoned me. Are there many more gods?'

While he was thinking this, Aiena was sitting behind Lina while Lina was grabbing her hand. Ralph and Kyle were talking about something while laughing, and Butler and Helena were standing at the side.

Everyone's attention was either on the Goddess statue or the family. Many people were looking towards Ryu and he could hear people murmurs

"I wonder what young master would be named"

"Who is naming young master?"

"Is it true that young master is loved by light?"

Hearing all of these murmurs, Ryu wonders whether to feel like a celebrity or frown over how he suddenly got these many rumors attached to him.

While he was wondering about this, all everyone's attention turned towards the Huge door opposite to them priest and Paladins were coming inside the room. Paladins stand near the stage and the Priest surrounds The Goddess statue.

"This time number of Paladins is higher than normal is everything fine" Lina looked towards with a troubled face towards, Ralph who said with a wink

"Few of them are actually knights under my training. I called them so they could help us if the worst case were to happen"

"If you say so Dear," Lina replied while looking around as she sees some familiar faces Yuna, Cable and Snow were sitting in the Audience when their eyes meet Yuna cheered Loudly which disturbed the serene atmosphere of the church, While Cable waved a bit and Snow just nodded.

"See baby, Mage brother and sister have also come to see your naming," Lina said while patting Ryu's head but Ryu was more concerned about the chat Ralph and Kyle were having no matter how hard he tried they were speaking in a very low voice to be heard this makes Ryu thought

'Man, are they laughing about my name? Hope they did not come up with some weird name.'

He joined his hand together which make Lina think 'How cute is he praying'. While all of them passed their time chatting with each other they finally made an appearance.

The high priest followed by the Holy knight who was moving a bit behind him with a hand on his sword waved his hand to the Audience who reacted with loud cheering leaving a few who either gave an awkward look or a troubled expression.

When they reach in front of the Statue of the Light Goddess. The high priest stands in front of it and the Holy knight stands a bit behind him. After moving his face once towards everyone, The High priest finally spoke.

"People of Epnir town, I know we have all gathered here to Celebrate Brightest Star festival and Naming of Lord Viscount's newborn son. " after saying this, he paused for a bit and looked all around once. The expression of everyone was either wondering or troubled. And he continued.

"But a situation has come up. The Holy knight, sir, who saved our town before from heretic, has got something he wants to share and it is extremely important. So I hope you will listen attentively"

Saying this he backed off a bit and let The Holy knight come forward, Ryu thought 'Am not having a good feeling about this!!!'.

Ryu didn't know that he was exactly right. Chaos is soon going to take over this night. And then Holy knight began to speak.

"The days when I was at expedition on Dungeon of Rakshasa fortune. I got a divine message from the Goddess of light and I come here as soon as I can. The message was that in Town of Epnir a new kind of Evil darkness has materialized and it will cause huge chaos if not taken care off"

Saying till here, he becomes quiet and takes a look around, seeing colors of terror and panic on everyone's face. he thinks 'this is the time to strike like holy knight'. He pulled his sword and hold it high before continuing to speak.

"But do not worry citizens of Epnir, this Holy Knight has found the source of evil and will end it for sake of our future"

With a smile like a hero, he pointed the sword towards Ryu in the arms of Lina, seeing which Aiena hide behind Lina, and he continued speaking

"He is the source of the Evil Darkness that Goddess mentioned, the new evil which materialized,"

As soon as he said this, Ralph stood up and with a loud voice said,

"What in the hell are you saying Holy knight, do not assume we are in Church so you can speak anything you want" as Ralph was saying this Lina was hugging Ryu harder as if hiding him. Kyle was panicking,

And Ryu was thinking 'Hell it was all a trap that Goddess did not tell me enough, am I going be sacrificed?' Although he thinks that he truly believed in Ralph and Lina and knew they would never let him be sacrificed. 

"I am not making up stuff Lord Viscount, it is the power bestowed by Light Goddess a passive skill I can see darkness in beings even if it is just blooming, and also the Light magic getting more intense near your kid is Evidence of Light reacting to his darkness, he is evil"

As soon as Holy knight said this, the crowd become louder and things like

"I've heard lord was housing heretic's daughter"

"Is it true young master is evil,"

"Will Holy knight do a rite of mercy"

Are being said, ignoring it all. Ralph shouted again,

"Enough of this bullshit, you can not just make up lies about my son. What proof do you have"

As soon as he said that high priest stepped forward and said with a warm but sly smile,

"Are you going against Church lord, defaming Holy knight is defaming church"

"I do not believe in your crap; my kid was never once rejected by Holy Orb, which is proof of him not being evil. Can you say otherwise even you put your Holy orb on, him High priest," Ralph angrily said

At this again, people began speaking loudly about the possibility of Ralph being right and that the Lord Viscount of theirs was a great man his kid can not be born as the source of a new evil.

Hearing all this Holy knight step forward, lowering his sword, he stabbed it into the ground and with a smug smile looking towards Ralph said,

"Why don't we prove it then? Let's do a status check of kid. If I am, right something related to it will appear on the Status check. Will you do it to prove your Child's innocence Lord??"

Silence took all over the church and staring hard with almost blazing eyes while biting his tongue, Ralph finally said,

"Yes, I will" in a lower voice he knows church plots people and that they are after something but he was thinking 'If I said no here, we will be treated like the criminals either way and framed in a way that makes it seem like we are against the church' he clenched his fist so hard that one of his rings broke.

Discussions among people witnessing were going on and everyone was waiting for the arrival of the status checker from the back room of the church. Meanwhile, at the stage, Lina was panicking, saying,

"Dear, I wouldn't give our kid to anyone my kid" while hugging Ryu hard. Aiena was trying to hold back her tears as she remembered they had to show they were not afraid but she broke out crying once patted by Helena. Kyle was asking Ralph.

"What does this mean? I already told you if you keep heretic daughter, you will get suspicion now see. If you had only heard what I said" while putting his hand on his head.

Only Ralph was quiet with a strange look in his eyes and once the Status checker arrived and was placed in front of the Light Goddess statue he finally spoke

"No matter what, nothing would happen to any of you, I Promise" and looked towards everyone on stage and was finally called by Holy knight

"Bring him, Lord!!"

And Ralph stands up but Lina was not ready to leave Ryu no matter what until he gets on his knees and spoke

"Believe me, I will protect him no matter what,"

Maybe filled with baby instincts Ryu wanted to cry hard as he was being given to Ralph but he thinks 'I can not trouble them more than this, I at least would not cry and make it harder for mom' and finally he was in Ralph's arms and he wished he could speak because he wanted to say

'I totally believe you.'

Ralph cast a barrier around both of them and asked everyone to be at a distance while he took Ryu to the Status checker and as soon as Ryu pressed the gem on the device what appear on the big magic screen above the device not just shocked the crowd and Ralph or Family on stage even those who planned this High priest and The Holy knights was also shocked because what appears on blessing corner of the screen was

[Blessing of Demon God-SS]

Ryu has the blessing of a God which does not exist in this world and the name of God is the name of species that has been humanity's enemies since Ancient times.

To be continued~

 

(Author's note- Hope you guys are enjoying and if you are share with your friends too~)

14