Chapter 6: Sisters Bond
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You mean the incident three months ago?" Sheila asked.

Bella had always turned to Sheila and trusted her for any information she needed.

"Yes," Bella replied, curious to hear what Sheila knew. The incident had not been covered by the media, and all the articles had been taken down within 24 hours.

"Three months ago, the O'Neil brothers were involved in an accident on the highway while on their way home," Sheila stated in a monotonous tone, showing little interest in the topic.

Sheila recited the exact headline that had been published in the newspapers.

"Oh, come on, Sheila. Don't act like you don't know more than what others know," Bella exclaimed, jumping from her seat and leaning on her office desk as she stared at Sheila.

Sheila smirked and placed the files she had been holding onto the desk.

"Do you know what Mr. John said after the board meeting ended?" Sheila questioned.

"He said that Victor's actions are a clear sign of revenge by destroying INKS to the core."

Mr. John was a man of high moral standing, and every word he spoke held credibility. If he made such a statement, it meant that he knew something behind the scenes involving INKS.

"Do you mean INKS was involved in the accident?" Bella raised her eyebrows and spoke calmly.

"Not directly. It was believed that INKS had connections with the underworld," Sheila revealed.

Bella felt tense. "Black Rose?" she exclaimed in surprise.

In Royal City, there was no person who did not know about Black Rose. They were the largest mafia gang formed by the Yakuza and Chinese mafia.

"It wasn't a simple car accident. Three months ago, Victor and Richard were attacked by Black Rose gang members in broad daylight on the highway. They were brutally beaten, and Richard took the brunt of it, saving Victor's life," Sheila explained.

"So when Mr. John said that Victor is taking revenge, did he mean that Victor is avenging his brother?" Bella asked, her curiosity piqued.

"That's what I'm guessing too," Sheila replied.

"It seems like INKS was in a bad shape five years ago and got involved with Black Rose. But recently, INKS offended Black Rose and sought help from ON Corporation. This enraged Black Rose, leading to the attack on the brothers with the intention of killing them. The media was controlled, and no news of the incident or Richard being unconscious got out," Sheila elaborated.

"How is Richard doing now?" Bella inquired.

"We don't know. But it's said that he is still unconscious," Sheila informed.

"You mean he has been in a coma for the last three months?"

"Yes," Sheila confirmed confidently.

Bella was surprised by the depth of Sheila's knowledge about the incident. "How do you know so much in-depth about this incident? You've exceeded my expectations!" Bella asked Sheila, suspicion and surprise evident in her voice.

"This incident shook the business world three months ago, and I am a hungry bird for information," Sheila replied, unwavering in her statement.

"Still, you know more than any normal person would," Bella remarked.

"Let's just say a few drinks at a bar with hot chicks around make men lower their guards and become talkative," Sheila revealed.

"What is she up to?" Bella wondered.

Bella glanced at the wall clock across the room. It was already 10 PM. She felt stressed and exhausted, but there was still a lot of work left to do. Giving up, as her headache prevented her from focusing, she decided to go home and get a good night's sleep.

Bella parked her sleek black Porsche in front of her house and headed towards the door, rummaging through her bag for the keys. As she reached the door, she hesitated to open it, dreading spending the night alone. It had been a long day, and the last thing she wanted was an empty and cold house.

Lost in these depressing thoughts, Bella failed to notice that her house was lit up, and soothing piano music could be heard from inside.

"Jane!" Bella instantly thought of her little sister.

Bella hurriedly opened the door and made her way to the kitchen, following the enticing aroma of spices.

Jane turned towards her, sensing a stranger but also a familiar presence. Jane welcomed Bella with a big smile. "Bella, you're home!"

"Right on time. Come, let's have dinner."

"It's like a hurricane of spices in here. What are you cooking?" Bella coughed a little as she approached the kitchen stove to peek at the frying pan.

"It's Chicken Makhani. I wanted to try Indian today. I hope you like it."

Bella had never particularly enjoyed Indian food, but she was looking forward to dinner with Jane. A few moments ago, she had been reluctant to enter the house, and now she was engaged in a warm conversation with her sister. It was amazing.

"All these years, I would have never survived this harsh and ruthless world without you!" Bella thought. "I love you, Jane."

0