Chapter 93: Reunion and confessions
43 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Sebastian had laid off after a particular incident where moved closer to Edwin and the healer ignored him. He still snickered occasionally and quoted the letter, but, apart from that, he didn’t do anything that made Edwin too uneasy.

Besides that, Sebastian had made the contract, to be sent back to Wandermere ahead of the herbs, so it could be signed and everything could become legal. Edwin was grateful for that, truly, and so he decided to ignore the snickering.

Then, on the fifth day after the letter had arrived, so did Edwin’s family. When he saw Hadrian waving at him as if nothing had happened, Edwin felt a knot form in his stomach. This had been a joke, and now Edwin would have to listen to Sebastian telling Hadrian how worked up Edwin had gotten over Daniel’s idiocy.

Hadrian ran up to Edwin and, upon reaching him, he hugged him in a bone crushing hug.

“I am never letting you run off by yourself again!” Declared the white-haired vampire to the amusement of everyone present.

“Harry, Daniel has gone too far. I don’t think he should be traveling with us anymore. He is healthy now, so I don’t see the harm in him leaving,” Edwin expected to listen to excuses on Daniel’s behalf. What he did not expect, was the sad look that Hadrian gave him.

“You thought it was a cruel joke?” Hadrian sounded betrayed, and Edwin felt like trash. It was real. Hadrian had feelings for him, Harika help him, and Edwin had thrown them back in his face.

“I…not once did you say anything,” From the corner of his eyes, Edwin could see the hopeful expressions of the children. Hadn’t Hadrian attempted to keep this under wraps? Or, did he wish to use the promise of a family for the four to make them apply pressure on Edwin’s strained emotions? No, that was not Harry. He glared at Daniel.

“What? The kids figured it out!” Daniel defended himself, but Edwin’s glare darkened.

“You impudent brat! Did they figure it out? Mm,” Edwin’s lips were sealed shut by Hadrian’s, who was clutching at him almost desperately. Edwin didn’t know what to do, so he let his body take over.

His lips opened and Hadrian’s tongue went pass them as if it has always meant to do so. Hadrian was bending him slowly down, in a parody of all the plays Edwin had been dragged to by his mother when he was little. Never, not once, had Edwin pegged Hadrian as a hopeless romantic. Bar this moment.

When Hadrian finally released him, not because they needed air, but rather, because Edwin was unresponsive in his arms, he looked down at Edwin’s hands. Gently rubbing his fingers over Edwin’s knuckles, he spoke.

“I am not perfect, Eddy. But I want to be perfect for you. Doesn’t make sense, I know, but it needed to be said. Just know I will stick around, regardless of what you decide. Because I am hopelessly in love and selfish to boot. And that is a strange combination, but things are the way they are,” Elidys began clapping and chanting.

“Mama and papa are together!” Luciano and Rael took up the chant, and even Ben repeated it a couple of times. Edwin’s brows twitched.

“Just who is the mama, huh?” He snapped at the now giggling children.

“The one who is asking,” replied Ben with a devil-may-care grin, and his three brothers giggled and hid behind Daniel.

“I do so like the little devils. They are after my heart,” Daniel pretended to get rid of a tear and Marisa swatted him on the head.

“Don’t mind them. I am Marisa Hollow, by the way. The smarter Hollow sibling. I’ll take them away so you and Harry can have a moment to yourselves. You, handsome vamp, care for a nighttime stroll around the sand?” Sebastian sent Marisa a smirk, which she returned, and he offered his elbow to her.

“Now, wait a second. I do not approve. Marisa, he nearly killed me,” whined Daniel as Marisa hanged by Sebastian’s arm.

“Approve of what? It is just a stroll,” Sebastian winked at Daniel and led Marisa and the children towards the merchants. With Daniel dogging their heels and listing Sebastian’s many transgressions.

“Now that they are gone, I think we need to talk,” Hadrian sounded unsure of himself. He still refused to let go of Edwin. As if he were fearful that he would be spooked into running away.

“Sure, Harry, you do know I am still in mourning, right?” Hadrian nodded and then shortened the distance between their faces. Their noses touched and he rubbed them together.

“I'm also aware that if I let you, you will be in mourning for the rest of your life. And that is quite a bit of time,” Edwin chuckled. Harry knew him too well.

“So, what do you propose?” Hadrian’s eyes widened at being given a chance, and he began to speak again.

“We live on the way we used to, plus the occasional kiss and, when you feel comfortable, a bit more?” Hadrian sounded hopeful, and Edwin blushed as he attempted to get his mind out of the gutter.

“For the sake of the children?” Edwin needed to know if this was for them, or for someone else. Because, while he didn’t doubt Hadrian’s feelings, he doubted his motivations.

“For your sake, for mine. And for the sake of our family. Our ever-growing family that now numbers someone who set out to kill us and a dragon lady who may or may not get together with Seb,” they shared a laugh and this time it was Edwin who sealed their lips together.

Now, that he wasn’t in shock, the kiss became deep. Yet, it remained soft, and it was over before either of them knew it.

“Eddy, what have you been up to?” Asked Hadrian with half-closed eyes.

“Was that really what you wanted to ask?” Edwin had hoped for other words. Ones that would make him blush even harder.

“Well, I’d like to ask you to come cuddle, but that is not good for a relationship. But talking is, good for a relationship, I mean. So, let us talk,” and so they did, and Hadrian’s smile grew at the mention of all the rare herbs they would get a life-long supply of. 

3