Chapter 9
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The week past through and the men met at the boat and with all their supplies that would be needed including ravens and the anchor as Olaf looked around to make sure that everything was on board he notices that the is one man missing, so he turned around and asked floki  'where is Leif' to which floki smiled and said 'he's not here, and hasn't will that be a problem' Olaf looked at floki then smiled and said ' that's is his problem he will miss the moment that we enter new lands and make a name for ourselves and the first Vikings to find lands to the west,' he turns to the rest of the men and tells that to enter the boat as the are about to leave and to unfurl the sails as the left the coast of their home in search of adventure,land and wealth without knowing that they where being watched in the distance from Leif who turn and rush to the jarl hall to inform him that Olaf has sailed to the west.

After receiving the news from Leif, the jarl Kalv smiled and said 'finally, I have gotten rid of that annoyance out of my land,' while the rest of the men around him smiled, all except one 'my jarl what if Olaf does find land?' Leif asked to which the jarl who looked annoyed replied there is no land to the west only open sea they are as good as dead and all it would take is time,' he turn to his gaze to halfdan and said ' make plans for olafs farm as I wish to take them for myself' halfdan smiled and asked 'what about his family?' To which kalv smiled and said 'find a way to get them to sell the land and if they don't eliminate them.'

It had been hours since they left the lands of Norway when Harold look to Olaf and told him to put the navigation board out to which Olaf agreed and placed it down to see if they where on course, he smiled and said ' we're abut off course south form the looks of it' he looked to the meet and shouted orders to adjust back and smiled as he could feel it that this was the correct move.

Back on the farm Sigurd with his sister looked to Astrid as she was telling them a story "The great sea is held in place by Jormungand,the serpent whose giant body encircles it and who keeps his tail in his mouth to complete the circle and stop the waves breaking loose. But one day, the god Thor, son of earth, was fishing in the sea for the serpent,using a bull's head for bait. Jormungand reared up and the waves pummeled the shore as he twisted and writhed in a fury. They were well matched, serpent and god, in that furious fight.The seas boiled around them, but then the hook became dislodged,and the serpent slithered free and sank again, so quickly, beneath the waves. And soon, the sea was calm once more... as if nothing had disturbed it."

Days had past and they entered to a storm  Olaf looked floki and asked him 'are you afraid floki?' To which floki replied 'yes,but not for me but for my boat, what about you Olaf are you afraid of the the unknown?' Olaf smiled and said 'no,I am not afraid of the unknown instead I welcome it, this is my destiny I want this and I know we will find it, lands in the west,' he continued looking forward while the men worked on rowing the boat, he knew this was a make or break moment as the boat continued to navigate the waves in the storm.

I have made my own pat reon so it would help if the is support and allow me to make more content

Pat reon..com/Typicaldream

0