Chapter 12
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Olaf looked to the two men with him and told them to start packing the treasures, he looked back at the monk and saw the book and asked 'why of all the treasures in this room you go for a book' to which the monk told him the religious value of the book to him and how it's a guide to lead people out of darkness. Olaf paused and asked 'okay so what's this place called and where is it located?' This caught the monk off guard but went on to explain that they where in lindisfarne that was part of the Northumbrian kingdom and this was a monastery used to worshiping their god, hearing this left Olaf happy this man could be a good source of information on this land and decided to take him. Harold walked in and said 'this entire place has no women,' Olaf laughed and said 'it's because the monks are priests of their god,' Harold looked and saw the monk and was going to kill him but Olaf stood in his way and Harold asked 'why stop me he should be dead?' Olaf look at his brother and said 'I found him he's mine to do as I please you know this is how it goes,' Harold looked at the priest and left but not before breaking the religious artifact. Olaf called one of the men and told him to get food supplies for their trip home,after sometime, we see the monastery on fire as Viking warriors are walking out with treasures and monks that are bound in rope to be sold as slaves, they reach the boat and start loading up the boat when Olaf asked one the the men 'do we have enough supplies?' And the warrior replied 'yes, this place had plentiful food and we didn't have problem getting food and it will be more than enough to get back home,' this made Olaf think about the way food is in plenty here and he was curious to explore more of this land and see what it had to offer looked to the men and told them 'we set sail for home very wealthy men!' Which got the men cheering and Olaf continued 'the west is our future!' The cheering continued and they set sail while Harold came to his brother and said 'you know with this discovery that the jarl Kalv will not let you live as this changes everything and it will be a challenge to his power,' Olaf smiled replied 'I know,' Harold asked 'so what will you do?' Olaf looked to his brother and said 'well that's simple,I'll just kill him and take the throne' and this would confirm the fight that would soon to come between two men for the city of kaupang.

0