Chapter 13
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weeks after the raid at lindisfarne in kaupang the jarl was making plans to take olafs farm as he made the assumption that Olaf and the men that went with would never return, he looked to his spy halfdan and asked him 'is olafs family coming?' To which halfdan replied 'yes' they should be here soon, short while later Astrid and her children Sigurd and gyda who followed appeared at the entrance of the hall of the jarl which was full of people who were called to witness the jarl meeting Olaf's wife, after a few minutes the jarl kalv appear to look at Astrid and claimed ' this is a dark time as I have been betrayed by a someone,' he looked at the people while they were whispering amounts to themselves and the jarl continued 'and the person who did this is Olaf hardasson, he has taken a ship with men and travel to the west all to throw his life in awarded journey on the hope of finding something that doesn't exist there and not only throw away his own life but the life of men he fooled into going with him,' he looked around and heard Sigurd shout 'he did not die he will come back and he will come victorious because my father is the greatest!' Jarl looked at the boy then started laughing and his men joined in on it then went on to say 'it's good that your loyal to your father but it doesn't make you right as land has never been found and for his disobedience I shall take your farm from you,' this got the Astrid and a children angry but it also got the others worried that the jarl might do the same to the.

Meanwhile near the kaupang on the boat we see the warriors return from Olaf was looking forward to coming home, he felt that the world was a big place as described by the monk who is named ethelwold who described about the land of England to its kings and religion and this made Olaf excited that there was more to find and the fact the is a land near England called frankia which made him look forward to the future as there was more to see he looked to the man near him as home came closer and told him to sound the horn.

While that was about to happen back at entrance of the hall we see the men of the jarl standing and Jarl said 'not only the traitor Olaf but all those who followed him will suffer the same consequences!' He looked to his men and nodded them to apprehend the Olaf's family, while that was happen Astrid pulled a sword and told her children to stay behind her and as the men were about to attack a horn being sounded was heard and they all looked to the water to see who it was and as people were trying to identify who it was one man shouted 'Olaf he has returned!' The was lots of looking and shout in agreement that it was Olaf who has returned and this brought his family smiles as Sigurd said ' I knew father would return,' Astrid smiled and said 'yes you did,' as she kept a close look at the jarls men incase they did anything.

While they docked Olaf brought A chest filled with Teresa sure and handed it a man on the dock and said 'we have found land in the west!' This got the people of kaupang cheering, the treasure is here for you to see and we got slaves this monks and of course we have given the people the opportunity to become rich as we did,' this got the people cheering while a man approach them it was leif the man who did not go with them had sad look as he felt he missed the opportunity of a life time Olaf saw him smiled but didn't say anything Eric walked with him and was said 'We have sailed west across the open ocean and found land and plunder, as you promised Olaf . So, let no man say anymore that it is not possible, and we salute and praise you.' As the people cheered but one of the men approached Olaf and told him of what the jarl planned to do to his lands and family and that it was going to happen to his mens as well and this got them angry, Olaf was look to where the jarl was and relished he was lucky when he came or else his family would have been in greater danger and walked with the others who said with him and reach his family and hugged them and kissed his wife and told them not to worry as he would handle it and they can talk later he walked in front of the jarl and the guards and Olaf's men stood in front of each other and it looked like the confrontation would just happen at any second.

0