Rose: Ao no Exorcist
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your new name is Zara."

As I sat in my chair doing my paperwork for becoming an official goddess, I came across a paper that was titled "Summoning Seal," which of course caught my interest immediately. I began to work on it right away, drawing inspiration from two different anime I had watched, Fairy Tail and Magi.

Not long after starting, I had finished. It was a golden symbol with writing on the outside and a symbol of the sun in the center. Stretching out my arms, I got back to work filling out my last few pages of documents regarding my newfound position as a goddess.

Sighing as I placed down my pen, I pushed my papers onto the summoning sigil so that they could be summoned by our resident goddess of work and contracts. A dumb thing to rule over I know, but someone had to handle our documents whenever a new god or goddess came along every thousand years or so.

I had finally finished the work, and now I was just waiting on the first idea to pop into my head as to where I should go first.

"I could always go to an anime school to finish my education first, or maybe I could go to train against demons..." I said as I smiled to myself, happy with my new life.

"I know, I'll go there!" I exclaimed as I flicked my wrist in a circle and snapped my fingers creating a portal key for my door. Opening the door with said magic key, I let myself free fall  in the sky for a bit before unfolding my wings and flying around looking for civilization, or I was, untill I bumped my head into a barrier. 

"Well, this must be it then." I said to myself as I looked down at the structure below me.

"Cross Academy!" I squealed as my inner fangirl took over. I did a floating backflip and then went down to the ground once I got it out of my system.

Hiding my wings, I took a deep breath and rang the buzzer on the gate.

A few minutes later, a man in a tacky looking outfit walked over to the gate and looked me over.

"You can see the school from the outside?" He asked curiously.

"I most certainly can. Is this Grand Cross, the academy for exorcists? And if so, would I be speaking to a Mister Mephistophles?" I asked despite already knowing the answer.

I had to keep a low profile for as long as possible seeing as I was still relatively new to using my powers aside from my wings and the smaller scale of creation magic.

"Now who might be asking?" He asked in fake seriousness.

"A possible new student, now may I come in?" I asked growing tired of idle chatter.

Mephisto laughed as he pressed the button opening the gate which would allow me inside.

"Of course, of course. Come on in!" He said tipping his goofy top hat at me. His eyes narrowed as he got a better look at me.

"Is there something on my face sir?" I asked as politely as possible to avoid angering the demon.

"You're in." 

"I'm sorry what?" I said confused by what he said.

"I said you're in kid, welcome to Grand Cross academy."

"Seriously? You're letting me in just like that? No ID, questioning, or even a basic skill test?" I asked concerned by this man's judgement ability.

"Why not? You seem capable enough, and besides, you're strong enough to see through my barrier, so it's fine! Consider yourself a new student starting at the end of summer break." He said in a happy tone.

"Oh yes, would you be interested in a teaching job once you graduate?"

"What? I'm sorry but no. I'm a traveler so once I graduate I'll be gone, out of your hair for good." I said simply and directly. 

He seemed a bit upset by this, so I put my hands behind my back and created two pieces of candy. Taking my hand from behind my back, I held out the hand holding the candy and offered him one in hopes of cheering him up.

"Care for a lollipop Mr.Mephisto?" I asked with a grin as I let him pick first.

"Ooh, cotton candy flavor, my favorite!" He exclaimed as he happily took it from my hands.

"Oh, that's right, here are your keys and your schedule. Your dorm room should be on one of those keys. Oh! You'll be starting at intermediate class as well!" He said without making it sound like a big deal.

"Thank you sir, I will be on my way. I look forward to learning here!" I said excitedly as I waved goodbye and dashed to the nearest door compatible with my keys. Pulling out the key labeled "Dorm," I turned it in the door and opened it to see the dorms instead of what should have been a janitors closet had I used a normal key.

"Glad I knew which doors these worked on..." I said as I went into my room which was empty of everything but the basics like the beds, bookshelves, curtains, and carpets. It seemed like I wouldn't have to worry about a dorm mate either as there was no evidence of anyone else having stayed here up untill now.

Taking a running start, I flung myself at the bed and went to sleep as it was already dark outside.

1