Rose: First Encounter
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yawning, I woke up and stretched my limbs as I sat up. Getting dressed in my customized uniform, I decided that I would go grab a breakfast really quickly before school started.

The scorching summer heat outside hit me like a brick as soon as I opened the door leading outside, and the sounds of cicadas were heard ringing in my ears. 

"Alright... let's do this!" I said hyping myself up as I got ready to run to the store not far from the dorms.

To be honest, I was actually dreading the thought of running.

When I was a human, I had the worst stamina out of everyone I knew, and being an Otaku and gamer didnt really help either since that made me less active than I should have been back then.

Stretching one final time, I ran and to my surprise, I was fast!

Speeding along, I made it faster than planned. It only took me about two minutes to get there instead of the expected four.

Walking into the grocery store I grabbed a basic breakfast  for myself, a yogurt and one of those tiny cereal packages.

I grabbed the oat cereal so I could just mix it with my yogurt to speed things along. Paying for my meal with money I had made doing some odd jobs around campus earlier this morning, I headed out and said goodbye to the cashier. And this time, I decided to walk back so I could get used to the unusual campus.


"Man, its hot..." groaned a student passing by while carrying bags and some popsicles.  Looking over to check on them to see if they were okay, my eyes widened at the sight of the Rin Okumura eating a popsicle next to me.

"Hey, you okay there? If you want I can help you with that." I said pointing to his bags. 

He looked up, probably thinking he was hallucinating from the heat.

"An angel?..." 

I laughed at how close he was to being correct on that. 

"Nope, just a fellow student. Anyways here, let's use this." I said pulling out a parasol and opening it. It covered both of us enough to shield us from the sun's rays but humidity was still a small issue. Even so, the parasol helped.

"Thanks for that, I owe you one!" He exclaimed as he stood up suddenly full of energy, the way only an anime character could.

I giggled a bit at his energetic behavior and continued walking him to his dorm.

"So what's your name?" I asked despite knowing already.

"Rin, Rin Okumura. And you?"

"I'm Zara Ichimei." I said pulling out the name of the name of the main character in a book I had been writing I'm my past life.

"Zara huh? Sounds cool!" He said as he continued walking.

When we finally made it, he opened the door and I saw an absolute mess.

"Thanks for helping me get back without passing out from the heat!" Rin said as he headed inside.

"Ah, finally, you're back. Who are you talking to?" Asked yet another familiar voice.

"Oh, Yukio, this is Zara, she helped me get back here without me fainting." He said rather calmly.

"Zara?" He repeated the name on his tongue, as though it were foreign to him. Then again, it was a name I made up for a book character, so I wasn't too surprised by this.

"You must be Yukio, it's a pleasure to meet you. Rin's told me nothing but nice things about you." I said bowing. 

"Rin, your tail is showing!" Yukio whisper yelled from his desk.

"Tail?" I asked with false confusion.

Yukio stood up, ready to erase my memories or protect his brother if needed.

"Oh, Rin has a tail, that's too cute!" I exclaimed not lying about the cute part.

Rin's face turned ten shades of red after hearing this, while Yukio's jaw dropped.

I laughed a bit and scratched the back of my head. 

"Did you think I was going to freak out or something? It's not like I don't have a secret of my own, and honestly, If you'd like, I can share mine if it makes you feel any better." I said calmly. 

"I highly doubt your secret is anything close to being as bad as mi-"

I let my wings extended to a visible size.

"So cool!" Rin said as his eyes sparkled in amazement.

"So why did you not attack Rin?" Yukio asked, now a bit afraid of the girl before him.

"I don't see any reason why I should. Not all demons are evil. I can name a few that I know of who are actually heroes in their homelands. Care for me to name a few?"

"Yeah!" 

"Alright then, let's see here... We have Meliodas, Hannah Annefellows, Sedao Mao, Anos Voldigoad, and Sullivan, to name a few."  Anyways, I figured my teacher should also know about my little secret if I wanted to grow stronger to take down evil demons."

"But aren't you a goddess?"

"Yes, but I'm technically a baby compared to the gods you know. I can barely even use magic, and besides, I was human three days ago when I got killed by a truck so..." 

Yukio nodded in understanding, which relieved me of a few worries such as, what if he tells on me? Or, how can I explain this to them?

"I think I know how we can let you use your powers without being exposed as a goddess. So here's the plan..." Suddenly, Yukio's phone rang. 

"Okumura speaking. Right, I'll be there momentarily." He said as he proceeded to grab his things.

"Was that a mission?" Rin asked curiously as his tail began to wag.

'Cute...!'

"It's none of your business." Yukio said calmly as he stood up and walked out.

I turned to Rin who looked dejected just sitting there.

"Yeah, we're definitely going." I said as I smiled at Rin who in turn grinned.

2