Rose: Kuro and Departure
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following Yukio to his destination was easy enough. Now that we were here we just had to play it cool.

"Yukio Okumura, intermediate exorcist first class." He said pulling out his Exorcist ID card.

"Right, we were expecting you." Said the balding man as he lifted up the tape to let Yukio through.

"Hey Zara, how are we getting past security?"

"Watch and learn." I said with a grin. Knowing him, he had already pulled a few strings by now. So this shouldn't be a problem at all. 

Walking up to the line of tape, I smiled and pulled out my shiny new Exorcist ID.

"Zara Ichimei, Intermediate Exorcist, second class."

"Oh yes, we've been expecting you as well! The headmaster said to expect you to be tagging along." 

Finally, it was Rin's turn.

"And I'm Rin Okumura, Exwire, no class."

"Oh no, you're not supposed to be here." Yukio protested.

"Just making sure you don't break your second pair of glasses." He said calmly as though it weren't his fault the first time it happened.

"What are you, crazy?" Yukio yelled at Rin before turning to face me.

"And you, what's your excuse?" He questioned annoyed by the current situation. 

"Keeping Rin out of trouble." I said with a smirk causing Rin to go pout in the background.

"Anyways, I figure it best to find out why this is happening before we take action." I said moving hair out of my face.

"Also, I believe Rin has the ability to understand other demons." I whispered surprising Yukio yet again with the fact that I too knew this secret.

"Fine, he can come along, but only if he stays out of trouble!" He said with a tired tone.

Running through the tunnel, the guard explained what I already knew to the other two with me.

"Kuro the cat demon who guards the south gate has gone berserk. We've set up a perimeter and locked down the rear gate road."

*Roar*

"Rin, listen closely to the sounds Kuro is making, you should be able to understand what he's saying!" I said as I ran over to the injured.

*Roar!*

If I remembered correctly, then Kuro was yelling about how they were lying about father fujjimoto's death. 

"I'll handle the injured, leave it to me." I said to the man wrapping up the two guards wounds.

The two explained that the reason for all of this was because they let the fact about Fujjimoto's death slip.

Saying a small chant from memory, their wounds began to close up rapidly as they then thanked me and walked into the security building.

Poking Rin in the forehead, I decided to copy his ability to understand demons and keep it in my own collection of powers.

"Liars!" Kuro yelled in his usual adorable voice, which was currently coated with anger. He leaped forwards knocking over the truck nearby and spun, knocking out two exorcists with his tails.

My heart hurt when I first saw it happen in the anime, but it hit different now that I was actually here in person.

The three of us ran to the front lines and asked for the current situation. 

As Rin and I looked at Kuro his eyes widened at the mention of the old man's death.

"You liars... Liars! Shiro is the most powerful one of all!" 

I frowned as I heard Yukio talk about using the grenade thinking it was a fatal medicine for demons.

As everyone evacuated we held our stares directed at Kuro.

"Shiro would never die, Shiro will come back! He's coming back!"

"Are you gonna kill him?" Rin asked concerned.

"Yeah, at the moment, we have no exorcists who can tame a demon of that level. So it's our only choice."

"No. You're wrong Yukio. We do have someone. Remember when I said Rin can understand  animalistic demons? I copied that ability and now, we both know what made him so angry."

"Hey Yukio, she's right. Let me try something. And don't worry, I won't use my sword, I'll use my head instead."

"Don't worry Yukio, I'll jump in in case anything happens." I said with a wink causing him to look away.

"Y-yeah sure. You do that." He stuttered as Rin and I walked closer to Kuro.

"Kuro!" I yelled calmly as Rin took over.

"I'm Rin Okumura, Shiro's son."

"Shiro's-?"

"His father has died in an unfortunate accident recently." I said.

"My father's dead." He said repeatedly in an effort to  finally make him understand it was true.

Kuro began to charge forwards. Walking in front of Rin and preparing to counter the incoming attack, I held out one of my hands and let it make contact with Kuro's nose.

"Virtue of Calm!" I yelled as he fell down and shrank to normal cat size and cried.

"You're just sad aren't you? I bet you really loved the old man huh?" Rin said as he pet him on the head.

"Looks like I'm done here for now, after all, it's summer break starting tommorow." I said as I stood up.

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, Remember that even a new goddess has responsibilities. I'm the Goddess of Dimensional History. So I need to create alliances within many of the worlds I have free reign over."

"Oh, I see. So you're like a monarch!" Yukio said in realization. 

"More or less I suppose." I responded.

"So where are you going?" 

"Ever heard of the feudal era? I'll be heading there. More specifically, the year 1543 ."

"Feudal era?" Rin asked cluelessly.

"Back when there were still shogun and samurai?" 

"Exactly! Anyways, since we're friends and all, I figured I could grab souvenirs while I'm there.  Any historical items you want? Say some artwork from someone famous, some tea's or some books perhaps?" I asked before I prepared to take off to the next closest door.

"That's nice and all, but if I were to ask for anything, I guess it would be some books on demon history? I heard that there were many people who knew about demons back then, so any information would be greatly appreciated."

"Alright, and is that all?"

"Yeah, that's everything.

"Alright, then I'll be off now, bye!" I said as I disappeared in a cloud of smoke leaving no evidence of my being there except for two pieces of paper with summoning circles on them.

"Summoning papers?" Rin asked.

"Looks like it. I guess she left those for emergency situations." Yukio said as he picked them up and handed the other to Rin.

1