Rose: Manipulation
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  I ended up getting slapped in the face with another kimono, except this one was a bit shorter than mine and matched Inuyasha's robes.

"Interesting, but it'll work." I said as I walked back down to the house with Haru.

"Why did you get slapped in the face by a random flying kimono?" He asked  concerned. 

"It's more normal than you think." Is all I responded with.

"Here you go Kagome, a nice new kimono for you." I said as I handed it to her.

Inuyasha had collapsed while I was out apparently, so I lifted him up onto my back and carried him to the room with the miniature village in it, some of his blood staining the feathers of my wings.

Shippo and Miroku were standing on Inuyasha's arm as they looked him over.

"Inuyasha's in pretty bad shape." Said Shippo as he frowned.

"You're right, his injuries look really serious. We shouldn't try to move him anymore than we already have." Miroku replied.

I sighed unwrapping a roll of bandages.

"He's lost a lot of blood, if I could, I would fully heal him, but seeing as my magic is toxic to demons in large amounts, I can only do a small amount of healing, and even then his blood loss won't be fixed." I said to Miroku and Shippo as I wrapped up his larger injuries in some bandages I had found downstairs.

"Zara, If I may ask, why is it Tokijinn hasn't noticed you yet?" Miroku asked in curiosity as he sat down on my shoulder.

"I was hiding while Inuyasha was fighting him, but when he does see me, he'll wish he hadn't." I said as I smirked devilishly.

Leaning Inuyasha against the wall, we decided to let him rest.

"If I were able to help more than this, I would. but for now, I'll have to do this." I said as I placed my hand on his forehead.

"Mimic." I said as a soft light pink was removed from his head.

"What was that?" Shippo asked in concern.

"I just went into his memories to copy the abilities of swordplay from someone he fought a while back."

"Who?" Shippo asked again in curiosity.

"Sesshomaru."

 "Inuyasha, Zara, guys, I think we can get out of here." Kagome said as she showed up in the doorway.

"That's good news, but I believe we should wait a bit longer. He expects us to head straight outside, so we should buy as much time as we can so the sun rises sooner." I said and Miroku nodded in agreement.

"We don't have time for that!" Inuyasha yelled impatiently. 

"I'll go investigate, if he sees me then I'll give a signal. but otherwise let me see if I can manipulate him into letting us go." I said with a smirk.

"How do you plan on doing that?" Kagome asked curiously. 

"Psychological warfare is easy when you know what someone wants most. If I can convince him that he has it in his reach, then I can get him to let you all go." I said simply as I walked out and up the stairs.


Flying up into the sky above Tokijinn, I readied myself with my act.

"Tokijinn!" My voice boomed in authority.

"Huh? Who said that?" He said looking around for the source.

Smirking, I lowered myself to the ground in front of him.

"Who are you?" He growled.

"A possible ally should the sage be willing to listen. Enemy if not." I said narrowing my eyes as I dusted off my feathers in an attempt to make it seem as though I was unintimidated by him.

He raised an eyebrow in consideration of my words upon seeing my pure white wings.

"Go on..." He said with interest obvious in his tone.

I cleared my throat and readied my formal talk.

"Of course. I am the Goddess of worlds destiny, I have of course come here to help you achieve yours."

"How so?" he asked crossing his arms.

"Are you familiar with the phrase 'Sold your soul to the devil?' If not then you may want to try and follow along closely." I said with a smile.

"Demons usually hide information about their deals made with humans. Ninmenka is no exception as he has hidden the fact that all who eat his fruit become his obedient slaves."

"Oh really, and you know this how?" He asked in defiance.

"Have you ever disobeyed an order from that tree since the day you ate its fruit?" I asked floating on my side.

"You make a point..." He said in thought.

"As I was saying, you wish for immortality yes? The fruit of longevity is only a half success, you either become a demon who works for Ninmenka for all eternity, or your body fails to take the strain and you die." I said lying through my teeth like a boss. Thank God I took acting lessons when I was human!

Tokijinn hummed in thought as he considered what I said.

"Sage, if you truly wish to live forever and remain yourself, then you must consume the true fruit of immortality." I said as I pulled out a odd looking fruit known as the soursop, which I had quickly conjured up using my powers.

"He raised a brow having never seen such a fruit before.

"What's the catch?" He asked seriously. 

"Smart one are you? All I ask is the safe return of those four people you recently captured as well as returning those jewels to the priestess."

"That's a hard bargain... How do I know I can trust you?" he asked questioningly.

"You don't,  but seeing as us gods aren't allowed to lie..."

"Fine, fine, I'll go grab them." He sighed as he glared at me.

As he turned away I tossed the fruit mid-air and caught it with a smirk.


"Inuyasha, let's go." Kagome said following along with the plan as she helped him up.

"I can't help but wonder who would be willing to bargain for our safe return..." Miroku sighed, pretending not to know it was me.

Tokijinn hummed as he led the group out to the surface of the mountains.

"So what now Mister sage?" Shippo asked curiously as he shook in fear of the man.

"Shut up and stay there until she comes back." He growled as he glared at them.

"Tokijinn, I see you kept your end of the bargain." I said with a nod of my head.

"Let them cross this line and We shall exchange my fruit for your shards." I said, still acting high and mighty if only for appearances sake now.

Tokijinn nodded but as I handed him the fruit he lunged at me, raking the fruit and keeping the shards.

"How easy! Shards and immortality, all thanks to some clueless goddess!" He said as he turned to stone while gripping my wrist.

Thorns rose from the ground as Ninmenka prepared to crush the others in front of me.

I smirked as I looked over to Miroku and nodded as he took the que to carry Inuyasha behind Tokijinn.

Miroku then looked to Shippo who snuck up to the demon tree Ninmenka and picked up the bow and arrow I had hidden behind it.

"Now you guys!" I yelled as they nodded in understanding. 

I drew my katana and defended everyone from any attacks aimed at them, surprising inuyasha with how similar it was to his half brother's technique.

Shippo set fire to the tree using his foxfire, and tossed the bow and arrow to Kagome who proceeded to pull the bowstring back, aiming for the sage's stomach where the jewel shards were implanted.

Releasing the string, the arrow shot straight for the target, as I held him in place using a binding spell.

As soon as the divine arrow hit him, the jewel shards went flying out at a high speed towards the demon tree Ninmenka and Tokijinn released me from his grasp.

I swooped down and caught the shards before they flew into Ninmenka's bark and landed gracefully before Kagome.

"Great teamwork you guys!" I said as I ignored Inuyasha who was relentlessly beating up the immobilized Tokijinn behind me.

"I actually did something useful for once!" Shippo exclaimed as Kagome looked proud of everyone.

We all walked away to leave Inuyasha to his own devices.

"Make sure to cut down that damn tree when you're finished Inuyasha!" Kagome and I yelled.

He then yelled back. "I know that already you pesky women!"

We all laughed and waited down on the flat part of the mountain.

0