Rose: A new Companion
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I believe these are yours Kagome?" I said as I handed her the shards inside of her little glass bottle.

"Ah! Yes, thank you." She said with a smile as she took them. 

We celebrated our victory for a while before I abruptly stood up.

"Hey, where are you going? Aren't you going to stay for a while longer?" Kagome asked raising a brow.

"I'm sorry, but I have to move on to the next place now you guys, I only have a few days left until I must return home for a while." I explained with a frown

Wait, you're leaving already?" Shippo exclaimed in understandable sadness.

Turning to face the others, I knelt down to their level as they were still all sitting.

"Tell you what, take one of these stones each, and one item of your choice. They're gifts." I said as I pulled out my bag and dumped the contents onto the ground. Said contents were supplies of my own creation, or were from other anime that would be useful in their adventure, yet not overpowered.

In the end, Inuyasha declined getting anything but a pack of instant Ramen, which he didn't seem to mind.

Kagome took the sacred bow which had two forms, dormant, and active, so that she could keep it with her at all times.

Miroku took the spell beads as he found them rather interesting.

Shippo took the Fox plushie, most likely for use as a decoy using his illusion magic or for comfort reasons since he was still a child.

"As for those stones... Dont lose them okay?"

"What do they do?" Miroku asked in curiosity. 

"They each have different uses depending on who uses them, but I do know what happens when one of you use them." 

"Do tell." He said urging me to go on.

"Miroku, yours acts as a guiding stone. It shows you where to head next on your journey."

"Oh, what about mine?" Kagome asked excitedly.

"Yours is a decoy of the sacred jewel as it takes the shape of the ones you currently have and emits a highly similar sacred aura."

"Sounds useful..." she said as she put it in a separate jar and watched it split into multiple pieces resembling the sacred jewel shards in her possession.

"And yours shippo? Yours can make your illusions more powerful, and as long as they believe it is real, they inflict real damage. that way you can help too!" I said as I pat him on the head.

Shippo smiled as he gave me a hug and jumped down off of my shoulder.

"If you ever need help, break any of those stones."  I said seriously.

"I will be getting stronger, so look out the next time we meet." Said Inuyasha who had finally caught up with us.

"I will. Goodbye." I said as I walked towards the edge of the mountain.

"Hold on a moment!"

"Haru?" I asked confused as to why he was still here.

He suddenly kneeled before me and crossed his erm across his chest.

"I would be honored if You allowed me to accompany you my lady."

"M-my lady?!" I exclaimed surprised by his sudden formality.

"I uh... I don't know,  I mean-"

"A simple yes or no should work." Inuyasha said snarkily in the back before he was given the command to sit by Kagome.

"Well, let me check something first!" I said quickly as I pulled out a rather large book.

Flipping through its pages I stopped at the page labeled "Otherworldly Companions."

'Should you find an unusual variable in the world you find yourself in and they do not directly affect the world, you may register them to be a companion.'

I sighed as I considered my options.

"Sure, I don't see why not." I said with a smile, causing Haru to bow again in gratitude.

"Goodbye you guys! I'll be sure to visit again someday!" I yelled as I waved at them before walking into the portal with Haru.

0