Chapter 13: Career as a Fighter
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Impressive” Dante admired his surroundings with his group

(It is incomparable to the game, it almost resembles Las Vegas) In this reality, Glitzville was a city with all the letters, with multiple establishments that offered different services from bars, hotels to nightclubs and in the center was the main attraction: The professional wrestling venue.

"This place is... intimidating." Koopatricia wouldn't come here alone.

“And noisy” Goomarina apparently preferred rustic charm

"I've been here a few times, don't split up, I never finished liking this city" Claudia had a rare moment of seriousness.

"We never do...if I were a Crystal Star I'd be in the most spectacular, obvious, and incredibly inconvenient place to get...that overhanging building will do." The blond pointed to the professional wrestling arena.

"That's where the muscular and virile fighters meet to participate in the championship... don't be offended Charmy, we love you as you are" Claudia kissed him on the cheek to prove the point.

Goomarina rolled her eyes and Koopatricia didn't understand the problem, his friend seemed masculine enough for her, but she wouldn't say it to her face.

“It doesn't affect me as long as my weapon works” Dante knew he wasn't…the most gigantic and muscular drawing, he didn't particularly care, people like him or Luigi had defeated bigger or fitter enemies.

"But... you don't use weapons" The turtle always saw him fight hand in hand or with his transformations

"Hahaha"

“Is this another joke from your city?” The archaeologist was about to force him to explain them, when a vendor approached them.

“Try our hotdogs!” He seemed like a very nice pig

"Who wants a snack?" That conversation will be another day.

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

“They weren't too bad for a street stall” The portion was also adequate in his opinion

"They seemed to me..." Some kind of... pineapple-man pushed Goomarina

"Get out of the way, I'm trying to work!" He was some kind of reporter with an assistant Lakitu.

"It's you who should see where you're going, jerk!"

"You should apologize for pushing my friend." Koopatricia hoped he would just apologize.

"I don't have time for this." He completely ignored them and continued on his way.

“Typical paparazzi” Claudia had seen too many.

“There are a lot of people like that in the big cities… don't get depressed Koopatricia” Dante slapped her on the shell, it took an effort for her to face the reporter, and then they passed her by.

"Yeah, who wants an apology from that idiot?"

“Don't let that guy affect you, pumpkin”

"Thank you, friends." She sometimes wondered how she got such good partners.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

The group had arrived at the place where a fight was being held and they saw the current champion, an anthropomorphic bird, lift the belt, which had a very recognizable ornament

"It's the Crystal Star!....why am I not surprised?" At this point, the archaeologist would go along with Dante if she told her that one of the crystals was on the moon.

“There we have it, in the most inconvenient place”If he remembered correctly, that crystal was fake, but he didn't remember if there was a way to get to the real one without being released by the villain of this place, unfortunately he couldn't dig into a flying steel and concrete construction without drawing attention or explaining because he knew the crystal on the belt was fake.

“how did it get here? And how did we get it?, we can't steal it” The athlete did not feel good about taking it away from people on this site.

(Technically we didn't steal it from Goombaba?) But he wouldn't mortify her with that logic, at least the guy was a threat to the villages.

“Easy, we become the champions”

“That decisive attitude is very attractive, Charmy”

"That aside, that's a good idea, let's sign up, it'll be exciting!" She really is experiencing a lot of things in this adventure… Maybe the Goomba should write a book.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

It wasn't too hard to get to the office of the fight promoter and main villain of this arc, Grubba.

(He doesn't look sinister at all)

"I'm worried about what might happen to a skinny guy like you, but I won't deny anyone the opportunity to taste the honeys of success." The sponsor got up from his desk and walked through his office.

“In a way, this reminds me of my youth…”

(Why is he explaining his life story to a stranger?... his overcoming speech and maintaining the illusion of victory would carry more weight if he weren't a dangerous criminal and kidnapper who ends up getting high on star power)

Dante was ignoring Grubba's monologue until he led them to the champion's room.

"It's impressive, right? This place of luxuries and riches will be yours if you become a champion, you will have fame and the women you want... I see that you are doing well in that last one, don't worry the room is soundproofed"

“What do you think…?!” The actress silenced the archaeologist again with her special technique.

"Ho, ho, ho, they are very shy" To prove it, he pointed to the turtle inside her shell.

"I can see it, let's go back to my office to do the paperwork"

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Dante had no problem signing the contract.

(Even if he didn't get arrested by the end of the arc, what would he do? Sue me?) There are a lot of reasons why it would be difficult.

"You will be a great fighter, I can see a burning spirit in you, just one detail..."

(Here we go) He had to admit his curiosity about his fighter name.

"I see your name is Dante, it's a great name, but it lacks claw and a hook to be a fighter's name... let's see..." Grubba saw his suit and the girls on his back.

"I know! Your wrestling name will be the godfather, the one who will dominate the ring with his hitwomen!"

(...does that movie exist in this dimension as well or did it just come up with it?..  Also, ¿hitwomen?)

"No need to thank me, I have a natural talent for names, well now you're a fighter, T.Lisa will guide you to the fighters room" Dante's new boss made a call.

A Toad in a red secretary suit, glasses, and a shock of blonde hair sticking out, arrived shortly.

"Follow me" She turned around immediately and as she led them she gave them an "introductory talk" until they reached a dirty and dilapidated room where other fighters lived.

“From now on, this will be his residence, they will start in the second division, if you don't like this hovel you get merits to advance” she had the habit of touching her glasses.

"Whenever you want to fight, access this computer, except for scheduled events, it works 24 hours a day, the boss will inform you"

Dante turned it on right away

“Man, godfather, do you already feel like fighting? I like your spirit, in your debut you will face the Goombula V and to set the mood greet the public, if you have questions ask T.Lisa… Good luck and give it your all!” Grubba disappeared from the screen.

"Now, you have to wait, a worker will guide you to the ring, the rest is simple, you win fights to climb the position and follow the instructions of the boss, in this case it is to greet the public, those are the basic rules until the 11th position that begins the first division, do you understand?"

“Like glass”

"Well, wait for them to come for you"

Immediately after, an employee entered the room.

"Godfather, it's time for the fight"

"I hope you're good at it" She adjusts her glasses one last time

……………………………………………………………………………………………

The group waited for the Grubba presentation to end.

"Since we're alone... This is all weird!" Goomarina did not say it because of the fight, that part was obvious, she mentioned him by tour through the different rooms, Grubba himself and the names of  fighters.

"It's very... surreal" Koopatricia still couldn't believe the insinuations from before, she was blushing just remembering it, in addition to the worn previous room

“You will find many people like that in this world” Claudia could see scammer written all over the face of the sponsor

"Let's get this over with" They would have time for some battles before sleeping

“Ladies and gentlemen! I present to you The Godfather and his beautiful hitwomen!” With that call they entered the ring.

"Look at his courage, nothing affects him!"

(They're just basic Goombas, man, no… let's leave it at that they don't impress)

"You're right about the beauty part, hey give us that beauty and we'll have mercy!" The Goomba leader kept looking at Goomarina

"You shouldn't have said," Dante quickly greeted the audience.

"I'm fed up with guys like you!" It seemed that a vein was going to burst in the archaeologist, who without help began to crush her opponents.

"What fight, ladies and gentlemen, the number one hitwoman... Pink Tidal wave, show no mercy, sweeping like a wave!" Grubba tries to thrill this one-sided beatdown.

"That was refreshing." Goomarina felt strangely relaxed, her opponents either knocked out or face down.

(She shows that she has improved since we started the trip… she almost scares me as she would be in a month of training)

"And the victory goes to The Godfather and his beautiful hitwomen! What a claw! Let's hope it's the birth of a new champion!" The sponsor left the arbitration for a moment to accompany Dante

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

“It hasn't been bad, but try to greet the public more, you have to make them vibrate with emotion, try a little more…T.Lisa give him his” Grubba left the room.

"Your pay, you can walk free while you don't fight, but the minimum is one fight per week, we'll see you another time" She handed him three coins and left too.

"... this is not even enough for a breakfast"

“We're low-class fighters, hopefully…nice job in the ring, pink tidal wave.” Dante had a huge smile on his face.

“It was…overwhelming” Koopatricia seriously would never want to make her friend angry

"You know I hate that kind of sycophants" The archaeologist winked at them, she was also smiling.

“Yes, only Charmy can talk to us like that”

"Right" The blonde nodded slowly... actually, he didn't know if the cloud was serious or just continuing the joke.

"Yes... Wait!" Goomarina blushed a little as she realized what she was saying and started yelling at them.

1