Chapter 16: XXX
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our heroes are in their new residence for first division fighters, after a "word of encouragement" from Grubba.

“It feels like we're not welcome.” Goomarina said it because everyone was looking at them with not-so-friendly expressions.

"Why you say?" Yoshibeth didn't seem to notice.

That moment the champion of the coliseum made an appearance

“Hello, it has come to my attention that a group has had an impressive rise” Hawk Hogan looked around with his eyes until stopping at Dante and his group

"You, the blond with the women! Are you The Godfather and his beautiful hitwomen that everyone talks about?"

"Yes, do you need anything?"

"Oh! I expected more!”

"Don't underestimate us!" Yoshi did not want him to despise them

“Most importantly, take a close look at the belt.” If they noticed in the original, they can in this one too.

"...You're right, it doesn't have the same aura as the others!" Goomarina was the first to identify the problem

"It is false?" Koopatricia found that very realistic.

"Isn't that even what we're looking for?!"

"It's never simple with you, is it, Charmy?"

“Not on this adventure”

“Hey, you! Are you saying that my belt is fake?!” The champion did not take his comment well.

"Sorry... we don't mean the belt..." The turtle was trying to explain, but Hawk didn't want to hear any more.

"Don't make fun of me! We'll settle scores in the ring!" He walked away stomping hard

"He's not a very patient champion." The archaeologist didn't particularly care that he wouldn't let them clear up the matter.

"Where is the real Crystal Star, Charmy? Your map says it's here."

"It must be hidden somewhere." Dante's comm beeped.

"Will he be my father again?" The Koopa hoped that he wouldn't come back with any more embarrassing questions.

It was a message from a certain XXX about how to get the Crystal Star, the first step was to go to a nearby bar.

"Now we move on to a spy plot? This gives a bad feeling... Why couldn't it be so easy?" The archaeologist sighed

"I don't understand all this, but it's exciting." Yoshibeth kept her spirits high.

"What do we do now?" The tortoise wondered if they should continue in the coliseum.

“For now we will stick to the routine and see if this XXX helps us…does everyone agree?”

"Let's give your idea a chance, Charmy" The others also nodded

"Thanks, let's go to that bar and then we'll continue fighting" Dante went to schedule the next fight.

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

They found the bar indicated in the mail without difficulty.

“I've never liked these drinks” Yoshi never liked the way they tasted or how they affected her head.

"They're not for everyone, sweetness, although I prefer a good wine." Cloud was the type who liked a drink every now and then.

"Maybe champagne to celebrate, but I prefer soda." Goomarina favored drinks that didn't affect her focus.

"I'm very experimental, I like to try different cocktails" As with food, the blonde wanted to try different flavors.

"Well... I..." The athlete couldn't find the words

"Come on, Koopatricia is us... but if it's a private matter we respect it"

“No… it's just that I've never tried alcohol” she had never felt the need to, her brother didn't like it and her father only had a beer once in a while at parties.

“Oh, don't worry, it's not a requirement or anything, you don't have to drink if you don't want to…. And if you want, let me buy you a drink when we celebrate finding the treasure.” Dante put his arm around her.

"Charmy, that line to flirt is very old ho, ho"

"And you make fun of other's pick-up lines." Despite her words, the archaeologist was smiling.

"Some classics never die" He replied jokingly

“Gosh, Green Comet is so happy!” Yoshibeth found it fun and comfortable to check her friend's mood by her skin color.

They kept that atmosphere until the bartender saw them and called them

“But if you are the godfather and his beautiful hitwomen! Someone left this package for you!... don't worry it's safe, one should take care of one's business these days”

Dante opened it knowing what it contained

"A hammer?" For the Goomba it was something…random.

"It could have been a combat weapon" The Yoshi, surprisingly, almost hit the mark.

"I'll put it away for now, it might be useful." When the blonde touched him he was transported to another dimension, a very familiar one.

"Hello! I'm... it's you!" T.Ana appeared and immediately remembered.

“Welcome, T.Ana, it's a pleasure to see you again”

"You didn't forget!... I mean, I had to say that" Things weren't going well with this "client"... at least she was grateful that he remembered her name.

“Since you appeared, does that mean this hammer is special?”

“Yes, cough, congratulations you have found the super hammer! Your attack power increases and you can learn a new technique!”

"You mean this one." Dante twisted his body and turned on himself.

"Great! He's very good at it!... How did you know?!” She went from blushing to screaming.

"I saw it on television" It was not a lie.

"Television..." She didn't know how to feel about it.

“Putting that aside, are you going to answer my questions yet?”

“Eh?, Well…” she got flustered like the first time.

"Come on, even if it's just one, this time"

“O-Okay, just one.” She wasn't very good at denying people things and she loved to teach and give exposure.

“This space is naturally formed when certain special objects are made to train users in their abilities, no one is sure how or why this happened, if it is some kind of stellar blessing to help people or a curse of some kind so that the objects are not forgotten "The Toad was very professional in her explanation... noting that she left for the less personal question.

“Thank you, you are very good at teaching”

"T-That's nothing I'm here for." She seemed strange and nosy, but she wished everyone were so nice.

"You answer me another next time, Goodbye!" This time, Dante was the one who ran away.

"Wait, I'm the one who should say good...!" Since he had already been informed, he returned to his previous place.

(I don't know why this is funnier than should be) She had a strange urge to prod T.Ana.

"You disappeared again, is it the same as with those boots?" This time they didn't jump on him, but they let out a suppressed breath.

"We assumed so" If these objects continue to appear, investigating them will become Goomarina's next mission

"They should bring a warning" Koopatricia did not want to fear that each object she touched would take her to a strange place

“The godfather can teleport! Amazing!" That was Yoshibeth's interpretation, they would try to explain it to him later.

“How is our mystery companion, Charmy?” For some reason, Claudia already included her in the group.

"Well... I guess, she's already starting to tell me things"

Before they can follow the bartender, who had returned from serving other customers, interrupted them

“That looks like a Matillator, I don't recognize the model, but he looks finely crafted, take care of him, it must be worth a lot”

Dante's comm beeped again and it was XXX's next task.

"Is there a false wall in the second division room?" The tortoise scratched its head.

(Well, unlike the game here if they're inconspicuous, I hope it's just as fragile) There was no totally obvious and suspicious yellow cube.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

The guard let them through without a problem, which made it obvious that XXX was an insider, especially since the few fighters in the room were asleep.

"Let's finish this quickly" The blonde did the spinning technique, destroyed the wall and entered the adjacent room.

(The others must be drugged because none of them woke up)

“What will we be looking for?” The archaeologist saw a very messy room with a broken computer.

"I don't know, everyone looks for an area"

The blond spent a few minutes before pointing to the top of the bookcase.

“I think I see something on top of the shelf”

"I'll take care of it, godfather!" The Yoshi made a great jump and caught the leaves that were there.

"Here is" She gave them to the archaeologist

“It looks like a report on the Crystal Star…according to this, have done scientific experiments with the crystal…this sure gives a good spin”

"Who would do this?" The tortoise also had a bad feeling.

"What are you doing in this place?!" T.Lisa entered the room to take the report from them and kick them out

Our heroes had no choice but to return to their room to prepare for the next fight.

"What a nasty woman, at least we confirmed the location of  Crystal Star" Goomarina was ready to take it out on her opponents.

"We'll figure it out... Ready to fight!" Yoshibeth kept her concentration on what was important, her other companions couldn't help but burst out laughing.

“It could have been worse, we literally knocked down a wall”

Goomarina shot him a look.

"What?"

“We are not going to include her in the group because she is attractive!”

Dante was speechless and Claudia's laughter wasn't helping.

1