Chapter 21: End of the fourth act?… Yes
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How do you know that!!!?" The owner of that voice did not wait for an answer and jumped out the window, dropping some important object.

“And is it already? That was it?" Goomarina couldn't believe it was so easy seeing the crimson  Crystal Star in front of them, the villain, who they could describe as a blanket with a face and a party hat, had run away after Dante told him his name.

"The coward escaped!" Yoshibenth was not so satisfied, they were just starting, at least they saved the town

"I don't understand what happened, Charmy, why did he run away when you mentioned his name? Did you know him before?"

Koopatricia also wanted to know why, before running away, the blanket was showing off its great magical powers.

"You see, girls, when I discovered my transformation powers I wanted to investigate where they came from, it turns out that I have Duplighost genes, a rare type of ghost that changes shape" Luckily his "father" does not stop bragging about it and connecting the dots was easy.

"But what does that have to do with the bad coward, Godfather?" she scratched her head

“Coming to it Yoshibeth, that ghost, Doopliss is also a Duplighost, he is infamously known for stealing people's appearances to take everything from them, I found out his name when I read that he stole the name from a local hero, apparently saying his own name cancels his powers” It is incredible that there is not a lie in all that speech.

(I would have liked to capture him, but he was sneakier and more cautious than I expected) He wasn't going to take any chances with his magic, he doesn't even know how and when he switched places with the original Mario.

“How horrible! Does that mean that I was going to try to impersonate one of us?!” Just the idea scared Koopatricia.

"It's worse than I thought!" It turns out he was a wanted criminal, the Yoshi wanted to catch him.

“Let him try! We would know right away! that trashy copycat couldn't fool us!" The archaeologist was confident.

"I would feel offended and disappointed in myself if I didn't recognize them or vice versa... especially you, Charmy"

(The irony)

"With that cleared up" Dante went to touch the Crystal Star so that it began to float

"Yes!"

"Hurrah!" This time, the dinosaur accompanied the blond in his pose.

“I have to admit, it was all easy for once.” Without Doopliss' trickery, their fight was, frankly, pathetic by Goomarina's standards.

"It's nice that our adventures turn out well" The turtle let out a sigh, they could leave this horrible place.

"I hope we keep this flow... with a Charmy, everything can be possible" For Claudia, this will be the exception that will confirm the rule.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Our heroes planned to return directly to Rogueport, but the mayor practically begged them to stay for dinner and a free night to thank them for saving their village, they did not want to underestimate their sincerity and accepted despite not being the most pleasant village.

"I can't believe they served pork for dinner...or that you guys ate it!" Goomarina looked at Yoshibeth and Dante.

"Why? It was good." She didn't see the problem.

“I'm not a vegetarian.” If the myth was true and this place was so wacko to risk mistaking a transformed inhabitant for a regular pig, it wasn't his problem, he didn't choose the menu.

"Me neither, but it's still awkward!"

“T-This place makes me more and more distressed” If the turtle didn't see the mayor's sincerity, she wouldn't even have eaten, this experience made her gain a new appreciation for her own village.

"I'll miss you in bed" Due to how worn the rooms were, they couldn't share it this time, the fighter had already gotten used to sleeping with them.

"Did you have to say it that way?"

"Leave her alone, dear, it will only be one night" Claudia pampered Yoshibeth.

Koopatricia was spared commenting on the strange feeling she also felt.

"I'll go to bed early, good night, girls" This worked for Dante, it freed him from thinking of an excuse to go out at night, he would rest for a while waiting for the "visitors"

His group also said goodbye and if you've made it this far, you'll know who did what: patted one, winked at another, got a kiss from near the end and a lick from the last.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

 “¡Jiii,ji, ji…! He doesn't pass this one, we'll get that map!” In some grasslands, near Twilight Town , some shadow family entities arranged their evil plan

"With my Superbombom we'll finish off that blond in a second!" Beldan redeemed himself from the previous humiliation.

"Gueeeeeeeess" Marilyn wasn't so confident.

“What do you suppose!? It's idiot-proof! And speaking of idiots, Bibiana, take out the grenade!”

"Huh?" That summed up the construction of this plan very well.

"What's wrong with you now? What do you mean by that?"

"I-Is that... didn't you have it until a moment ago, Beldan?... remember that I can't carry important objects..." This conversation gave him a feeling of déjà vu

"Are you defending yourself with cheap excuses again? Don't even think about replying!... Does that mean you lost it?!"

"I... I didn't say that..."

“Well, you've ruined the plan! , And now what do we do without the grenade…!?” She quickly forgot how idiot-approved her plan was and put her mind to work.

"You lost it! So you find it before I come back! Marilyn, keep an eye on her so she doesn't do any more crap again!" She pointed menacingly at her before turning to her other companion, not expecting an answer.

"Do you know what to expect if you can't find it?" The sinister smile on her face limited the options.

“W-Will you punish me…?” She answered trembling.

"At least something stayed in your hollow head, go look piece of imbecile!" The blue hat witch disappeared on the floor leaving Bibiana on the verge of tears.

"Yaaaaaaaa" her yellow hat companion tried to comfort her.

“Sniff…thanks, Marilyn…what am I going to do now? Buaaa…”

They were all unaware that someone was spying on them using a transformation

(Not exactly the same, but similar difficulty, must be around here…)

……………………………………………………………………………………………

“You guys there, do you need help?” Dante didn't do much to hide her identity, she didn't recognize Mario in the original, he just put on a hat, in the style of the locals, that they gave him in the celebration for saving the town.

“Wooooow!” The one with the yellow hat recognized him immediately, unlike her sister, but like last time, she couldn't say.

"Sniff... we're looking for an important item, but we have no idea where is." She was so down and desperate that she didn't care who was talking to her.

"That's funny, I found this near this place, is this what you're looking for?" He held up the not-so-subtle pomegranate with a skull painted on it.

"How?!... Y-you found it... t-thank you very much... what a joy... now I'll get rid of the punishment" She couldn't believe it, but her illusions were shattered when she noticed that the lock was broken, but it hadn't exploded.

"I-It's broken... it must have been when Beldan dropped it... W-Why do these things happen to me?" This depressed her even more and she threw the grenade on the ground, Marilyn was going to try to cheer her up again, but the blond beat her to her.

"Don't worry, it's not the end of the world, a pretty girl shouldn't cry like that" He didn't say it in vain, she aroused a lot of pity.

“Thanks… I feel a little better… thanks to you too, Marilyn” A complete stranger was trying to help her and her sister was supporting her, she couldn't let herself down.

“Fiiiineeeee” She had given up on ratting him out, she will only attack when he is hostile to them, threatening an individual who is comforting and assisting your partner, is not the smartest move

“My other sister will be back soon, and then…” Her body language said too much.

"Doesn't sound very nice"

"Yes... wait a minute... what is your name? Can you tell me?" It wasn't polite to continue treating him like a stranger after helping her.

“My name is Dante, it is a pleasure to meet you both”

"Likewise... excuse my sister... she is short on words"

"Don't worry, she seems like the quiet cool type."

“ju, ju, she is”

The aforementioned was not going to comment… hiding her face with her cap was not very discreet, they were not the most praised group.

"Don't be ashamed, Marilyn... we know you are the strongest of us." There was not a hint of envy in her voice.

"Stoooooop"

“Ju, ju, okay… what are you doing here, Dante?”

Dante explained to him how his group traveled through this village and stopped the curse that threatened the villagers.

"You must be very generous... help an entire town and then me... your companions are lucky"

"I can't take credit, someone on my team loves to protect those in need, as for you, I admit I can't see a pretty girl crying so badly."

"You are very sweet... I would like to reciprocate your kindness in some way" Why can't her sister be like that?, those words swarmed in her mind

A salesman's smile formed on the blonde's face.

“You know, our group is still open to include people, we are in the middle of an adventure”

“A-Are you inviting me?” She couldn't believe it, someone wanted her on her team.

"Depends, you have some special ability to contribute, my first partner made it clear that being attractive does not count"

"W-Well, I can use fire magic, understand the language of birds, and do this."

She's so nervous, like it's a job interview, that she speaks in a rush as she lists her virtues and plunged Dante into a shadow.

"That was great, it can certainly serve us." Then she would check if she can hide them all together.

"T-Thank you... but I can't go, I have my sisters" She spoke with regret, looking at Marilyn, she couldn't abandon her, she did care about her welfare.

"It won't be forever, you can see them whenever you want... better ask him directly, I'll respect your decision" He was serious, he wouldn't force her to go with them, although it would be a shame to have her as an enemy.

“What do you say, Marilyn? He was looking right at her… as much as she could.

"Beeeeldaaaan" she understood that it was not her best argument, but she had to say it anyway.

“You know, she would never approve… she is not nice and she treats me badly… I want you to tell me if you would mind if I left for a while” That showed how much she cared about her sister, she was willing to sacrifice the opportunity of a change to be with her and the vague illusion that this would get better.

The middle sister understood all this, it certainly made her happy that he loved her so much, she also loved her very much, she was her little sister, how could she not do it, that's why she had to put aside her loyalty to Beldan for this time.

"Gooooooooo"

"Thank you very much! She gave her a big hug

With her reaction, Marilyn accepted how much Bibiana wanted to leave Beldan.

"It's a deal, don't worry, we'll treat her like family... you can come if you want" He had nothing to lose by extending the offer

She shook her head but she looked like she had a lot to say

"I know, here, she can write it" He came prepared just in case

She took it, typed quickly and then faded into the shadow, leaving her message.

"You better take care of her or I'll come for you" She finished with a drawing of an angry face, a bomb and a skull

"I always liked her drawings... I don't know why Beldan forbade her to draw" She also didn't understand why She followed her so much, but smiled knowing that her brotherhood was mutual.

“Like now, someday you should ask him, communicating opens doors”

"Thanks for the advice... Danty, it will be a pleasure to travel with you ju, ju, ju" She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Likewise, I will give you an official welcome with the rest of the team”

"D-Do you think they'll accept me?" She had no other close people than her sisters

“You will fit in easily, I feel it”

1