Chapter 22: Night Talk
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The villains' base was still being worked on, despite it being nearly midnight; the scientists were still investigating the millennial door, with Lex frustrated that he hadn't had any "inspiration" recently; guards doing patrols, when they didn't fall asleep and Grodus giving his world domination monologue, the typical. As for Princess Peach, she would normally be sleeping, but due to her companion's late-night visits, and because she has nothing to do in the daytime but stare at the walls, she has become a night person... if she has noticed it because she doesn't have many ways to measure time, one of them is the farewell of her friend Dan.

"It's good to see you, Peach." It was time for another late-night meeting.

"The feeling is mutual, this time you were quicker to call me again" She expected her to keep up this pace, her kidnapping bored her a lot

"We had a stroke of luck on our last mission." She told her how they saved the village while taking the "target" from the villains.

"That sounds terrible! Those poor people, it's good that you came at that time to help them." He smiled knowing that there were many heroes out there.

"It was not a problem, luck was that the cause was a coward"

“I can't understand, doing something like that without reason or provocation.” But his humor faded as he imagined his subjects suffering.

"There are bad people, there is not much to do, but do not call you here to talk about morals"

"What do you need?" She was ready for action.

"Tonight, nothing, I'm waiting for the right moment" That deflated the atmosphere a bit.

"So... why did you call me?" Until now there was a reason, however small or silly.

"Can't I take advantage of some free time and low security to talk to a friend?... I can go if it bothers you"

"No!, cough, I mean, sorry if it sounded like that, I'll be happy to talk to you for a while" She didn't want to seem like she didn't care about their friendship, plus these moments began to brighten her day by not having another human interaction .

"Let's start with something easy, let's get to know each other better, I know you are Princess Peach, the beautiful and compassionate ruler of the Mushroom kingdom, the whole planet must know you..."

"You exaggerate" She didn't say it out of false modesty, she actually didn't fully understand what a superstar she was... both in this and in other realities.

"Very modest too from what I hear, but I want to know as your person, Peach"

She didn't know how to feel about it, she doesn't remember if she ever had someone say those words to her… but the feeling that came through was cute.

"I also want to get to know you better, Dan." Although they couldn't see each other, they both smiled at each other.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

They started with small facts, favorite foods and activities.

"You really like sports, one of my teammates would like you... do you really like honey more than peaches?"

“ji, ji I like to be active and yes everyone assumes I like peaches a lot because of my name”

(Come to think of it, how many languages are there in this world?) If you're reading this, this joke changed or should change depending on the language... this message will self-destruct when you stop watching it.

Their childhoods

“Maestro Kinopio sounds a bit suffocating”

(Will she ever actually meet her about her parents?) He just assumed she was an orphan, but it wasn't a topic to bring up right now, no matter how much he wanted to know.

"He tends to worry too much, but I respect him a lot." He was the closest thing she had to a father figure.

"I can't imagine the reason hehe"

Peach tried not to seem offended by her comment... although she had no way to defend herself.

"I'm sorry for your parents, I know they will be in a better place" There were things that could not be smoothed out or repaired.

"Thank you, but as I told my friends, we have to move forward"

Dream or goals for the future.

“…Do you really want to dye your hair purple?”

(I wouldn't have believed it, she looks so… suitable as a blonde, it must be the custom)

"Only for a while, I've wanted to try other styles, sometimes I tie my hair in a ponytail, but it's not the same" she sighed, imagining the scandal for this

"You should try it on some vacation or when you do that adventure of your own that you want." Of course she let slip her disgust at being constantly kidnapped.

"Maybe" She gave him a smile, at least someone supported her

“When you travel, can I accompany you or is it very personal?”

She gave him a thought, she wanted to show that she could do things alone, but having company was not bad

"I'll think about it" she needed more time to decide

Her conversation lasted a little longer until it was a good time to leave, Dante couldn't stay up all night and he couldn't leave his new companion alone for so long.

“I think that's enough for today, can I ask the last question?

"I grant you" It was a very pleasant moment and he had not managed to embarrass her this time.

(I don't lose anything... This will be the most bizarre way to check if Mario RPG is canon in this dimension or it will show that the princess is constant with her hiding places)

"Is that rumor true, about a secret object hidden in a fireplace in your castle?"

Peach's face looked like it was going to explode from the intensity of the red.

(You can't mean that!) She resisted the urge to yell, if he had specified his room, she wouldn't have been able to contain it.

"I-I don't know, s-sounds very general, m-my castle is wide and hides many treasures vib-brilliant!, many brilliant treasures!" It is fortunate that only they were, because it would not convince anyone.

“You are right, it is not very specific, it seemed curious to me to finish, good night”

"G-Good night, I hope to see you insi... in a short time!, in a short time!" She was so out of control that she forgot to ask where she had heard it and she slammed into the wall before leaving.

(…I can't imagine how and where she got it…just the concept seems like a porn parody) With another deep thought, the lights in the room dimmed.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Dante left the common bathroom of the inn, due to the time and the tourist situation of the town, there was no one waiting.

(Is the owner back yet?) When he was going to get Bibiana a room, the reception was empty, a note left said, in short, that he went to support a friend with a scandal in the local store.

Dante went to check and he hadn't returned so he went to his room to sleep.

(I'll tell her to take an empty room or whatever she prefers)

But his dream would have to wait because there were some surprises in front of his room.

"What a coincidence, Charmy, we all met together" Claudia had a strange and smug smile

"I sleep there, what's her excuse?"

"Don't think anything strange, I had a bad feeling and I came to check to be able to sleep" Goomarina has been trying to fall asleep for a while.

“I-I don't feel comfortable with the environment” Koopatricia shared one of the reasons, that she wore the coat instead of her shell said a lot.

"I do not want to be alone!" Yoshibeth was direct, she almost looked like she was going to cry

"And you?" He pointed to the one that was missing.

"Me too, I felt lonely, Charmy, is it so weird? What about you?" She was not ashamed to admit it.

"Just like you, trouble sleeping, I went for a walk and then to the bathroom... I have to tell you something"

"Can you wait until tomorrow? I'm getting sleepy" The archaeologist kicked the door open, accepting consciously or not what they were going to do.

"Danty... did something happen?... you took a long time..." Bibiana froze when she saw the group, seeing them together it was difficult not to recognize them.

The girls also didn't know how to react instantly

"If you insist, good night" The blond lay down on the bed, which the next morning  would not charge him for breaking.

1