Chapter 34: End of the sixth act
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the speeding train left the Mios behind, our heroes immediately went to sleep until the next day, when they would arrive at their destination.

“We are finally free of that tin!” Bomlivia was the first to get off the transport.

“They would not receive my recommendation”

"Mine doesn't either." Goomarina and Dante were stretching to shake off their sleepiness.

The others preferred to focus on Poshley Heights.

“This place is…nice” It conveyed a homey atmosphere to Bibiana.

"Yes, it's very nice" Koopatricia expected a more suffocating place, considering that many important rich people had a house here

“I imagined one more place…” Yoshibeth always believed that rich people were strange, why were pieces of metal so important? She expected a more extravagant place in general.

"Maybe the word you're looking for is opulent or exaggerated, sweetie, there are villas like that, but this one is for retiring and resting." For that reason she bought a house here, plus there were fewer cocky jerks in general.

"Thank you, Purple Tornado." The fighter was grateful for her help in the talks.

"Whenever you want"

They went directly to the museum, it was easy to discover the location of the crystal star when it was the last acquisition of such an important tourist place, to then visit Claudia's house, nobody wanted to comment on the strange population of penguins.

"I've gone on a trip, the owner" Dante read the note taped to the door.

“All this trip for this!” Before Bomliva could consider bursting the door, another voice called out to them.

"What do we have here? But if it's Link, what brings you to my house?" It turned out to be Detective Holmot.

"Your house? You own this place." Goomarina had to admit that she didn't expect that.

"Weren't you a detective?" Koopatricia questioned.

"That's right... in my spare time"

"We should have guessed it, he must have gotten money to eat from something" The helmsman did not imagine someone hiring this penguin.

"Don't be so harsh, honey"

"Let's continue this conversation inside"

"Thank you, Mr. Penguin!" At least the fighter was polite to him.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Our heroes explained the purpose of her journey.

"So you guys want the so-called Crystal Star... You know, Link, I still owe you for solving that case, you can have it if you find it." Homet didn't much care anyway.

"But isn't that the one over there?" The athlete points to the Crystal Star obviously positioned at the bottom of the building on a pedestal.

(Weird, they didn't come to steal it, maybe we got there first)

"That's just an exhibition copy, the real one is somewhere in the Palace of Light, because of its rules I can't reveal anything to you" The penguin's tone was as serious as possible.

“Isn't…this his house?” Bibiana pointed out a valid point.

"T-This palace has been around for a long time and I don't want to break its ancient rules." He seemed a little more nervous.

"You lost it, right?" The archaeologist said dryly.

"O-Of course not, now I won't get in your way, I have to go unpack... lock up when you leave" He wiped the sweat and left them alone

"As useful as expected... How the hell do I buy this site?" The helmsman found it unnecessarily large and expensive.

"We can ask him later, we have to explore" Dante knew it wouldn't take long.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

"A room hidden behind a painting... I expected something more strange, it's practically the same as the previous one" Goomarina checked her book and dodged an enemy attack.

"Forget that, this guy has a plague of ghosts" Bomlivia knocked out a purple Boo, there was a bunch everywhere.

“Y-You are not alone, you are not alone” Koopatricia psyched herself up during their fight.

"They taste very good" Yoshibeth ate a ghost, they gave it a taste similar to grapes.

"Sweetie, spit it out, you don't know where it's been" Claudia sent a group of enemies flying

"I know, my mom always tells me" With a little reluctance she spat against another ghost.

"T-They're too strong" A Boo backed away and hid on the ceiling, watching as a witch lit her friends on fire.

“These buffs are worth it.” Dante had used his third Crystal Star to strengthen his group and finish faster.

In the end the few that remained turned invisible to escape.

"Another win and we clean the room for Mr. Penguin!"

“It reminded me of when Marilyn and I… rested in that mansion ji,ji,ji… there were some troublemakers… but they received us warmly” Bibiana considered bringing her new friends.

"Let's finish this to go to rest, take the stupid crystal" Bomlivia wanted to dive into some pool that she saw while they came to the palace and forget the horrible train ride.

"I don't want to see any more ghosts attacking us." Koopatricia faced them, but she still didn't like fighting scary ghosts.

“Got it… Yes!” Dante took the Crystal Star, the real one, from the pedestal and the usual thing happened.

“…Do you guys really have to do that?” No one answered the helmsman's question because Yoshibeth and Bibiana were doing their poses with Dante; Goomarina, Koopatriacia and Claudia seemed to be discussing something.

Bonus

Where were the villains of this act?

"We shouldn't have come for this useless one." Beldan and Marilyn had been looking for Doopliss who had thrown himself off the train.

"Teeeeeaaaam" emphasized her sister

"Yes, yes, I know, I hope those Mios we left behind are devouring those bastards" It didn't bother him one bit that her sister was in that group.

"..." The one with the yellow hat was spared comments.

"If we don't find that good-for-nothing today, we're leaving Poshley Heights" They had planned to reach the Crystal Star before their enemies, unfortunately they were a little late in the story.

1