Chapter 11: Despite My Heart Bloody, I Still Must Smile
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh, my head..." Opening my eyes, the smell of the medicine burst into my nose.

The fresh air from the condition swept over my skin. "Are you awake?" asked a young woman wearing a blouse with a gentle smile.

"Where... am I?" Rubbing my temple, I wondered.

"In Health office. Don't get up hasty, sweetheart. You'll feel dizzy."

On the table where she sat, I glanced at the sign that wrote her name was Ivy and her condition - Health officer.

I just fainted before, I guess.

"Sorry, miss Ivy. Where is my friend?" Stopping for a while when Miss Ivy looked at me with her round eyes, I continued, "I mean, I want to ask about a girl to go with me. She has bob hair."

"You're awake," an old crone in proctor costume said as growling from the door and cutting the talk of miss Ivy.

"Miss Amanda. Can I help you?" Ivy stood up immediately.

"No need." Miss Amanda got close to me and took my hand. "Come. We need to go overseer's office."

"She still not well, ma'am." Raised her hand in the air, Ivy frowned at her eyebrows.

"I have no time." Miss Amanda glowered in her red glasses.

"Alright, I'll go with you." Getting out of bed, I said.

So confusing, I hoped Miss Amanda did not give an announcement to my dad.

The sweat dropped on my forehead as the hot blood rolled under my skin.

It was so scary when I thought about dad's red face.

Dad would be angry or scold, even upset.

I never want to see that happen!

Miss Amanda stepped forward in front of me. She had blonde yellow hair, wrinkled skin, and fierce eyes in red glasses.

Following to go her office, she opened the door and asked me to come in.

In-room, smiling, the bob girl waved to say hello to me. Giving me a paper and a pen, miss Amanda commanded me to write a statement to narrate what happened.

Whether she notified my dad to come here?!

Wanting to ask miss Amanda, but too hard to open my mouth.

"Write it out. Everything!" miss Amanda said as she got out of the room.

The girl beside me, I had eye contact when she smiled. Stroke up a conversation, I said. "What do you want from me?"

"Just curious about you," she chuckled.

"About what?"

"You, a person who always talks about anything you think. You never care what people think about you." She rolled-rolled the pen in her hand. "Even... argued with the teacher and be punished standing on the hall."

"So what? Nothing cool about that."

She laughed. "So cool. I never say what I think. Even if I'm sad, my heart bloody, I still must smile."

"Why?! Just do whatever you want." Tilting my head in confusion, I said. "Why did you know my name?"

"We're classmates." Rolling her eyes, she headed to me.

"I never meet you in my class."

"I don't go to class very often."

"KEEP SILENT!!!" Miss Amanda shouted.

I and her head up and glued eyes to the paper on the table.

"My name is Violet. Nice to meet you," she whispered.

Chuckled, this was the first time in the day I felt good.

From this day, I had a friend - Violet. I did not know what would happen in the future. But we had our conservation more personal when going back to the class.

But still, I built an invisible brick between our relationship, and we were just ordinary friends.

I don't know why.

Guessing It came to my dad, my mom, or even Austin. I could not immediately open my heart.

I did not believe in someone who could become my friend.

***
The ring bell signaled school was almost finished.

Walking in the schoolyard under an apricot-petals dropped. "Hey. Why don't you wait for me?" Violet asked when her arm around me.

"I think we're no need to go along."

Her round face turned pink. "Nonsense. Go ahead." She laughed, took my hand, and stepped forward. "What's your plan today?"

"I go to the restaurant. After that, I go to find a teacher," I said honestly.

"The teacher of what? That sound like fun. You'll drop the tutoring class as usual." Her hands spun while her eyes sparkled in excitement.

"Painting. What's about you?" Responding to her fun, I smiled.

"About me... I have a ton of home tutor teachers wait for me." Downed her eyelash, she said.

***
After work, running around the town and just hoped somewhere had the teacher taught panting.

But It was not.

NOWHERE!

I could not find a painting class in this shitty place. Yes! The shitty place where my mom used to say.

Here, It had nothing except a beautiful hill with fresh steam.

Damn! My sweat flowed when my feet flaccid weary. Taking a short rest on the rock in the sunflower garden, I fall in love with a red sunset blind to the hill.

"The internet shop is operating today. Go! Come on!" The kids shouted for joy.

"What's up?" the oldest kid calmly said.

"We've dragon dances and fireworks. They're throwing much money in front of the door," the youngest kid jumped in excitement.

Curiously, I followed the children to the shop in their mouths. The sign at the door said "Internet BB Night."

Everything happened similar to what the kids talked about, even noisier. A couple of beauties - A woman and man in marketer clothes came to me in aminated air to ask me to enter the shop.

Following them got into the shop and sat in a random position. A chuckle emanated from a kid sitting next to me. "Bumpkin! You're such a hick." A little girl pressed the button under my table.

"What's wrong?" Frowning my eyebrows, I asked. "How amazing!" I rounded my eyes when the light of the computer was bright.

"See! Hillbilly!" she pouted.

"What can I do?"

"Everything." Her left eyebrow raised.

"I'm Abony, and you?" Giving my hand to the girl, I said.

"Layla," said the girl who helped me type something with my keyboard. "So, what do you want to research?"

"I want to find a teacher. A painting teacher!"

"Just type it here."

Clumsy, my finger touched the keyboard to type: "painting teacher."

Thousands of results were on the screen while I just chose a random man who had a gentle face - Charlie. He talked about how he became a professional artist and taught me step-by-step about painting. "You could use social media to upload your art. The Internet is a magic tool. I earned 42130$ last year. I can do you also."

Taking my paper from my bag, I imitated the art of Charlie when he guided me.

"Tick-tock! Tick-tock!" The clock sound mixed with my joy.

Holy crap! I want to be a professional artist!

Unexpectedly, painting could earn money. Not a little, so much money!

First of all, I need to prepare carefully for the competition. Taking my time, I researched about Big Bang Painting competition and joined it through the mail. Also, I must learn how to write a mail.

Too much for this day!

"Sweetheart, It's time to close." A staff stroke slightly on my arm.

I looked around and jumped up when realizing all the place was empty. Layla also left that I did not know.

It was so late!

After paying for the time I used the computer, I got out. Taking a deep breath when the building lit up, I glanced at the clock through the windows glasses.

Just a few minutes more, dad would go home. Scaring, I jogged to my house as a leopard.

Coming to the soil road, the yellow stress light along the side turned off suddenly.

The darkness ascended anđ throned.

Damn! I did not have a flashlight.

Waiting for my eyes to adapt to the dark, I trundled toward gradual.

The croaking sound of the frog made my feet lose balance jumped up. My clothes and backpack were soaking wet when I tried to splash and wave.

I fell into the pond!

0