Chapter 12: He Saw Everything On My Body
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trying to get to the shore, that was time I realized this pond was not deep as I thought.

I could stand on the bottom.

To be ridiculous, I threatened myself.

"How silly!" I thought and laughed inside myself.

Too scared when thinking my dad knew I dropped the tutoring while the dark hampered my feet to go home.

Accordingly, careless!

"Someone here? Help! I need help." I shouted in hopelessness.

My eyes rounded with such intense heat right between my shoulder.

I did not need anyone to help me!

Jumping up, I looked around carefully and stepped forward slowly while the owl was still too-who in waterwork.

The blue light shone on my eyes, "who's that?" the voice of a man up.

Giving my hand to cover my eyes, "..." I squinted to look at the man who walked closer.

"Abony?!" said the man, "Why do you here this time?". He beside me and stared into my eyes.

"George?" Rejoiced silently, I said, "Why do you there?"

"I asked you first," he chuckled, "You look so wet. Come! I get you home." George took my hand.

His hand was warm but had some calluses.

I did not know why I unreacted or pulled my hand back in front of his action. My heart danced up and down as my feet followed his feet.

Achoo.

My face turned red after sneezing. Staring at me, George took off his coat putting on me.

Getting to my house, George looked back at me. Despite the darkness being there, I came to feel that the light was blazing in his eyes.

"Thanks, George. I so appreciate it," I whispered in the smell of weed.

"Since when did you use formalities?" Laughing and touching my hair, he asked.

Oh crap! Oh no! I could build my invisible brick with everybody who wanted to be close to me.

Excepting George!

Why?!

"Abony, come here!" said the low voice of the old man.

"Dad? Yes, I'll be there." Startled, I got close to my dad.

My dad stood leaning on the door and glanced at George. " You should go home." With his arms crossed. "Anyway, don't get closer to my daughter. She was still a child, young and naive as she couldn't understand well about people.

"Come on, uncle Linus, don't be too harsh." George took off his hat and bowed, unforgetting winked at me." Well, good night, Abony."

"Despicable!" my dad growled.

When he faded behind the dark, I touched my heart that hollowing.

Looking at me from head to toe with plump eyes as dad frowned his brows. "Where is this coat come from?" Stopped a while, he continued, "You look like a bitch to go with a man. Don't you feel ashamed?"

"And you, you're so rude, dad."

His scrawny trash face made me itching.

I ignored him and got in the bathroom.

Finally, I could understand why dad said that when I met myself in the mirror.

The wet clothes revealed the line of my body.

What a shame.

That meant George saw all of it!

"Abony! Are you done? Get out of there!" My đa punched the door.

"What do you want else?" Getting out when I had finished.

"Why do you go home so late?" asked my dad.

"I go study with-" interrupting me, dad said, "Don't say meanless words. Just saying the main problem."

Oh, shit. Was dad know everything?

"It's the truth."

"Really? You always squeeze under your shirt whenever you lie," he determined.

Moving my eyes to the undershirt, I immediately stopped my weird act.

My habit accused my lie!

"That's not proven anything." Pathetic attempting at an excuse, I said.

"You and George had something shady. Did he touch you or overcome limitations?" Dad stood with his arms akimbo.

So, Dad thought I went with George, not drop the class.

Unknowing happy or sad.

"No, dad. When I went home, I fell into the pond, unfortunately. That's why I got late."

"That's it?" Dad raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. That's it." Upside down before leaving, I replied.

"I got a message from your school." Lighted his cigarette and sat down on the bench, he said calmly.

Frozen with no word, I stopped my feet.

What?! A message? Why? The text of what?

"About what?" Tried to be usual, I asked.

"They invited me going your school tomorrow." Smoking out, he replied.

My sweat fell in the hot air like a stream in this tropical country. We had no electric fans because of the unelectric situation.

"Will you come?" I got the hand fan through the dark thanks to the glimmering fire of the candles.

"Of course. I hope you do something making me proud. Good score, for instance."

Electic light came back to my house while the wind of the electric fan smothered the hot mood of people here.

"Not even on key. Don't over expect, father." Getting onto my bed, I was ready to sleep. But because of the smoke, I could not fall asleep. "No, smoking in this house, please," I said.

I hated smoke!

Seem like I went to hell soon.

Wait, why did my school send him an invitation? Only dropped in one case, and my worries got to come.

I asserted one-hundred percent the reason was the fight in the restroom today.

Alright, play it by ear.

But if dad got angry?

No, no, no, just slept. Dad got angry every time.

Morning, in the administer room, students and their parents gathered here.

"Good morning, everyone. Today, I appreciate the people presenting here who spent their golden time coming to this meeting. The circumstance happened yesterday. All of the students here fight in the restroom. Though the damage that the students caused was unnoticeable, this is a school that had its discipline. All of the students must be responsible for their behavior. The punishment is clean the restroom and sweep the school yard within a month. Besides, students' conduct rank had decreased, which means grades went from D's. If the students have a high score in the academy class, they will not get the rank A in the total score in last semester." Standing on the platform, Miss Amamda pronounced.

After hearing the pronouncement from miss Amanda, most of the parent's faces turned gray. The silence had remained, but the smell of the air completely changed.

Staring at me and giving me a blink, Violet wore a floral dress with her round face. I responded to her with my smile while my dad was irresponsive with his cold face.

"It doesn't fair, miss." A woman in a luxurious dress beside the "fat girl" stood up. "Why do the bullies and the victims have to share the same punishment."

"I agree." A woman in a black jacket hand up.

"I agree, too," said a man who had a long beard.

My dad showed his stiff face and said no word, even to me.

0