Chapter 15: My Life Sucks, Girl
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Abony, I know you're mad. But the old man is a-" The face of Miss Mia turned blue when smelling my gunpowder.

"Abony, we should go." Dad got out of the room.

Nodded, I got closer to Dad and followed his step to leave the restaurant. Dropping the strange attitude of Miss Mia behind while I knew she tried to tell me something crucial.

Maybe, It was the position he held in this town.

In the car, Dad said. "I had solved your problem that you could quit your job." He turned the wheel right as my body tiled to the left.

"Why don't you ask me at once? Do you try to control me?"

"Everything I did just because good for you."

"Yea, thank you. You're the best." My face turned to the window when my tears dripped one by one.

Morning, I focused on the chemistry lecture. Because this was the first time I did it, I unknow all knowledge from the root.

The chemistry teacher in her brown suit said as chin up. "Thanks a lot, my sweet class. I'm so happy because nobody doesn't concentrate on my lecture today. Especially, Abony, I am proud of you. Not only did you focus on my talk, but also you took notes a lot while another day just yelled. Everyone, let's give her a round of applause." Waiting for the hand and the whistle stopped, she continued. "Alright, the point is we have an exam the next time. All of you should prepare for it well."

What the...?

Oh, okay, okay, okay. Why was the next time have an exam while I just focused on the lecture one time from the semester began until now. 

Great! Let was killed me.

"Hey, Abony! Hey! Hey! Hey!" Someone shook my shoulder.

"Huh?" I went back to the human world.

"What are you thinking about?" Violet asked with twinkle eyes.

Smiling when scratching my head, I answered. "I worry about the chemistry exam."

Sitting opposite me, she frowned her eyes. "Come on! You never worry about this bullshit thing."

It was just Violet who pushed me up. "Yes, I know. But everything has changed on a musical note." I laughed out loud.

"What? How?" Rounded her eyes, she put her hands on her chin.

"Dad knew I got my part-time job as everything upside down." Standing up, I said. "Never mind, do you want to go to the canteen?"

"Of course, wait a second." Violet went back to her desk to take her purse.

In the canteen, there was so crowded, and of course, annoying. Grabbing some water, I wanted to go out as soon as possible.

"Get out of here. Too annoying!" Touched Violet's hand, I suggested.

She chuckled. "Cool."

Sitting under the Terminalia catappa treeViolet looked deep into my eyes. "Are you alright after your dad forced you to quit your job?"

*Terminalia catappa is a large tropical tree in the leadwood tree family, Combretaceae, native to Asia, Australia, the Pacific, and Madagascar.

"No. I need money to learn painting, plus, for the competition I signed up." Gluing my eyes on the weed on the ground, I told.

"Your life is so colorful, not like me. " She had a beaming smile with her giddy eyes.

"My life sucks, girl." Grabbing some water in my mouth, I determined.

"Don't worry. Everything goes fine. Just try your best. Your life is yours. My life is my mom's life. You know, mom set up everything in my life. Accordingly, I follow that without wonder." Touched my shoulder, her face turned pink. "Skipping part of mine, what should I do to help you now?"

Why?!!!

Why was her purpose? Why should she help me?

Why? You don't need to help me."

"Because we're friends. No, no. Because you're my best friend."

"Really? How? And When?"

"Today!" Her teeth were bright under the sun.

The ring bell beat my confusion right out of her enthusiasm.

She chuckled after looking at my red ears when we returned to the class.

Before going home at the end of school, I dropped by a library where I usually enjoyed Inuyasha manga in a quiet place. This time, not for my favorite manga, I walked along with a chemistry bookshelf, finding some books I could research.

Looking around, "No books here!" I dua a ket luan.

There was the situation I guessed before I came here, but I just tried my luck.

Corruption was never new in Viet Nam. The president built this library but had not any books could research.

*Vietnam: officially the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, is a country in Southeast Asia. 

I thought Dad would not refuse to pay for the chemistry book. As a result, saving money was not necessary.

Before getting out of the library, the shadow of someone who looked like Austin glided behind through the bookshelf.

Austin's POV

Rolling and rubbing my eyes ensured I did not misidentify.

Yes, that was Abony. She found something on the chemistry bookshelf.

Could it be...!

OMG, did she worry about the chemistry exam?

How did the one change their mind in a short time? 

Her beautiful eyes attracted my eyes when she focused on the paper. My body turned hot as the electric line ran around.

There had no good chemistry book in this library. Abony did not know about that, I guessed. I came here to give back the book instead of my head teacher.

Opening my backpack, I put the chemistry book that I had checked carefully was so well on the bookshelf.

"Abony, good luck!" I thought with a smile and left.

Abony's POV

Wait, why did I have to be good in all subjects?

Austin, why did he have to be good all? And how did he achieve it?

Dad and all teachers taught me good scores in all subjects, but It was true? Was it necessary? 

Of course, I knew it not.

But if I satisfied my dad, everything went fine.

Slid my fingers on the bookshelf, I found a chemistry book that was clear and easy to understand on the first page. 

This book was still new.

Unexpectedly, My heart beat faster because this library had a book could read except Inuyasha.

*Inuyasha: (犬夜叉, lit. "Dog Yaksha") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi. 

Going home and sitting in the yard to research the book, I tore my hair out to the night. The light lip up while mosquitoes flew around my feed. The moon lady smiled when she looked down at me as the moistures of the night covered my stone table.

"Protons are the basis of atoms. While an atom can gain or lose neutrons and electrons, its identity is..."

A candy from somewhere landed on my book. "Hey! When do you like to read a book?"

Chin up, I said, "Since you the day saved me."

"Really? What happened making you change so fast?"

"Because of my bread and butter."

Laughing, he said, " Serious? What's the book?"

"Chemistry book." Keeping my eyes on the page, I said.

"I'm the best of chemistry ever. Whether someone wants me to help?"

0