(Vol 2) Chapter 52: Internal Struggles
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Sorry for the Delay of a Delay. Anyways enjoy the chapter.]

Recap:

*Shoko and Knuckleduster*

"My boy actually used to crawl on air. He was get all around the house and sneak out when the windows were open." With a distant look, she said.

"I was so worried about what would happen, that I gave him smacks each time in hopes of stopping him. I knew there’d be a day the moment I heard of his dream that a little smack wouldn’t keep him down anymore."

Iwao Oguro or Knucleduster took his cigar out of his mouth for a moment.

"There comes a day when a parent's worrying isn’t enough. Every kid has to fly eventually. All we can do is teach them to fly, right?"

*Koichi*

‘Were going to fall! Theres not enough, I gotta crawl, come on.’

His legs failed him, and gravity was starting to set in.

‘Come on for once, you quirk, just CRAWL.’

Koichi and Makoto were boosted into the air as a ring of blue energy stuck around Koichi’s legs and right hand.

Makoto was caught in Ingenium's hands as Koichi was knocked in the general direction.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, as everyone was celebrating the amazing save above, Dante was still with the bees.

Looking ahead, he saw the end of this tunnel.

‘Light.’

He was sure the bees couldn’t see it since they were behind him and because of the flames scattered around his body which were blocking their view. So he continued flying straight with them being unaware, only getting away at the last second.

When he was about 3 seconds away from getting out, he pushed his speed, making a gap between him and the bees. Once he came out of the sewer, he hovered in front of the entrance, waiting for them.

There was so little time for the bees and their caster to register what happened that when they realized what happened, they were close to coming out of the hole, Dante  not giving them a chance, made sure he incinerated them.

Piles of ash fell into the abyss below as he finally killed these pesky bugs, Though one barely escaped with minor wounds to its flesh, interestingly enough, instead of flying off, it flew down.

Dante flew after it and captured it before it could get near the battered up cat and broken bus. Of course, by "capturing it" he meant the syringe and its contents, as the bee itself didn’t make it.  He looked at the now-separated cat and picked it up to bring it to the old man.

Dante left the pit and the entire highway scene once he reached the surface and disguised himself. As he was leaving, the police were engaged in a transfer of power.

"I’m Detective Tanuma, I want a sweep of the place, a list of all victims, a record of accounts, and a general overview of this place."

Showing his badge, Detective Tanuma spoke in an empowered voice and listed commands, watching the policemen follow.

They started frantically working to meet his demands, although he was a ‘helper’ of sorts officially, Tanuma didn’t care for the basic pleasantries and superficial position. He wanted to complete the job he was sent to do.

‘Chief said that he believes someone connected to our previous cases should be here.’

Detective Tanuma looked at the folder in his hand, Papers listing crimes where the villains went ‘disappearing’ or wound up dead were within the folder. A photo of a map that listed where these crimes took place was included as well.

Tanuma listened to a report from an officer about the burn marks in the sewer, as well as the dead bugs.

‘Looks like he was right.’

"I want a squad in the sewer looking for any clue as well as…."

He also thought back to the chief’s particular words.

"I want you to keep this under wraps and keep as few details to ourselves as possible."

"Cheif-" 

Tanuma knew the implications this would have if they were caught. The HPSC would have their heads, No…The entire police department would be affected. They’ve been looking for a chance to get rid of them.

'Those hypocrites would be overjoyed if we vanished, cementing their grip on the media and crime even further.'

Though he thought that, he couldn’t deny that they were in a fragile position. Their powerful officers were few in number, considering that anyone strong was enticed by the benefits the HPSC and other hero agency’s offered.

Those that remained were friends of the chief or others, meaning they were getting up in age. 

‘The fact that we were forced to request assistance in dangerous operations already gives them power over us.’

Tanuma looked at his chief again. Given what they've been through, he'd follow this man to the grave. His tired eyes reflected in Tanuma’s as his voice sounded as if he was on the brink of defeat.

"Tanuma…Please."

The cracking of his voice was enough to shake the sleepiness that rested in Tanuma away.

"Her death…It was unexpected, and I'm not sure what I can do to help him. But if you do find him. Please let me know, I’d like to at least meet the boy, have a conversation with him before they "deal" with him. We both know that's what they're itching to do."

In the present, Tanuma shook his head.

‘Where are you, Dante?’

*Timeskip a few Days*

Dante, in question, was in front of a hospital. The elderly traveling with their walkers getting their daily sight of the sun. People come and go, some with joy and some with sadness.

Dante wasn’t a fan for obvious reasons, He remembered his quirk awakening, which wasn’t a pleasant experience even If he couldn’t remember all that well. 

This also brought his mind to the topic of the mall incident. Needless to say, completing his objective as fast as possible was on his mind. 

Once inside, he read the name on the card the old man gave him to the front attendant.

"Kuroiwa."

After being told that nobody that was named was booked in a room, he walked to a seat, ignoring the looks he was getting as well as comments about how mature he acted for his age. As well as a weird person, who’d said he’d look really good in a dress?

He waited for some minutes before he saw the old man walk out. Accompanied by a  melancholy look, he walked out the building, Dante followed him from behind as someone else also went in that direction.

The old man headed into Dante’s infamous enemy ‘Alleyways’ as did Dante and this new person.

"Old Man."

"Gramps."

Speaking at the same time, the two looked at each other. Dante didn’t get a dangerous feeling in terms of strength from this guy, but Dante’s instincts told him to be wary of him.

"Who’s the twerp?"

Dante already foresaw that he wouldn't like him any further in the future than now. The old man looked over Dante before sighing and responding,

"An acquaintance, now how was the task?"

"That Bee user, I tracked her down to her school, but I got attacked. I asked around with the photo you gave me, and they responded by asking if I wanted "Hachisuka" ."

"A pseudonym? The school registry won’t work. "But info’s info I guess."

"That's some nasty stuff you're stepping into. Even I got injured, you're sure that Hauler and the girl are gonna be fine?"

Dante felt like he could step in the conversation at this point.

"Speaking of the two, I know you wanted me to know this since it can help me and my case, but where are they?"

"Some festival is going on soon, and Pop's participating in it."

Dante nodded his head, He did know about that from all the flyers posted around. 

"Good info, Keep a lookout, the both of you, and remind me if you need anything." The old man disappeared after that.

Dante was too lazy to use his senses to find him, so he turned to his acquaintance.

Unfortunately for him, attempting at being the outgoing one didn’t pay off this time since he was left with a stranger walking away.

"Soga’s the name, lose the image next time we meet."

Dante could somehow tell this was the Alleyways' fault.

1