Chapter 5
535 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

Azure, hearing no reply to his question, all but affirmed his belief and answered. So he stood up and extinguished his flames, then he started walking towards the leader in an unhurried manner.

"Heh, you thought it through, huh? Don't worry as my subordinate, I'll definitely be kind, and I'll forget everything that happened to my origination as long as you work hard, "the leader said.

Inwardly, the leader was sneering in his heart at Azure. ‘This kid is strong and has a huge life ahead of him. As long as I nurture him, I can become one of the strongest gangs in Mustafu. ’ 

Laughing in his heart, the leader was excited just thinking about it. Becoming a ruler of the Dark of Mustafu caused his heart to be filled with greed, and the only piece he needed was walking toward him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azure was walking towards the leader, who had a huge grin on his face. The leader then stood up and said, "Let's shake hands to commemorate our cooperation. I’ll also end my quirk's effect on you" .

Azure stretched his hands out to shake the leaders' hands when he suddenly punched the leader in the solar plexus. 

Caught off guard, the leader stumbled back and was having trouble breathing. But Azure didn’t let this opportunity go and punched the leader into the ground.  

The leader finally looked up and shouted, "YOU LITTLE-" but he stopped when he looked into those cold blue eyes, as still as water. They looked as if nothing could disturb them.

Looking down on his victim, Azure said, "Why?"

"Huh?" said the leader in the direction.

"I’ve hunted many villains in these past days but I still can’t comprehend. Why is it that you commit these acts? You know that you’ll get caught. 

You are neither strong nor bright, so why? From what I’ve heard, you all have some kind of hard life that is filled with pain, so why is it that you inflict unbearable pain on others? "

Azure looked down at the villain and asked. While looking up, the leader saw Azure looking at him. He suddenly laughed. He gave out a hearty laugh and spoke. 

"Why, you ask? Of course, for-profits. We can kill, rape, and steal whenever we want. With no one to stop us, this society is rotten, so instead of hopelessly trying to fix it like those heroes, we might as well enjoy it.

And so, what if others suffer? This is a dog-eat-dog world. I’m sure you’ve heard of it: survival of the fittest. I’ll kill whoever I want and do whatever I want until someone better comes along and stops me. 

We were free if that suffices. Freedom is why we kill. You are a hero and bound by the system. I’m sure that you won’t kill me. After all, even if you killed my subordinates, I have valuable information, so you can’t kill me. "

The leader was so caught up in his smugness that he didn’t notice the trace of disdain and disgust that flashed through Azure’s eyes. When the leader looked up, he saw Azure igniting his hand on fire and stretching his hand near the leader's face.

Panic and fear flash through the leader's face. "W-w-what are you doing? You can’t kill me. "

Looking at the leader's face of panic, Azure decided to humor the villain. "And why can’t I?"

Looking at the azure-colored fire near his face, the leader could feel the intense heat. He gulped and said, "B-b-because I’m a villain who has valuable information. Besides, I still have my quirk activated. And because it's the last 3 minutes, you’ll suffer 50% of the injuries you feel instead of 20%. "

Azure suddenly gave a hollow chuckle that, to the leader, seemed like a death sentence. "you say that you do all this because of freedom, but by doing this you have lost it. You say I can’t kill you because I’m bound by the rules and regulations, but I like you can’t just discard them.

You say that because your quirk is stronger than mine, I have to stop because the pain is too much. But guess what, the pain that victims of your villains feel is far greater. The measly pain is nothing compared to that.

You scum of the earth. I hope you repent in hell. I’ll help you die and suffer for all eternity; Azure Cremation. "

With these words, the fire engulfed the leader's body. The leader screamed while cursing Azure. For the leader, while he was dying, seconds felt like hours. Azure just crouched there watching the leader burn, and then, after a couple of minutes, when the ashes were starting to get whisked away by the wind, Azure finally stood up.

Azure walked towards the entrance and, while on his way out, he said, "This pain hurts but compared to the amount I feel every day, this is nothing. But there is one thing both you and I agree on; this society is rotten. " As Azure finished this up, his silhouette disappeared from sight inside the building.

 *Timeskip*

Walking into his current base, Azure turned on the news and sat at the table eating his food. 

"Breaking News. We just got word that a new body had been found. The burns are much more prominent, and the place is littered with bodies. Who is this mysterious person? The police chief, do you have any insights you can add."

"This is the work of a criminal. Whether a villain or a vigilante, they both break the law and should be prosecuted. They are criminals who violate the rule of law, while we, the heroes, are the only light in this god-forsaken world. Don't be fooled, this is a criminal, and we already have our people and the heroes on it, working to get this guy. "

Meanwhile, we have another piece of news with an anonymous tip in regards to the whereabouts of Dante Tanaka being sighted at an amusement park-". Turning off the news, Azure heaved a sigh. Finishing up his food, he thought. 

‘Villains and heroes can all do whatever they want, but this society is rotten to the core. No matter how much the heroes try, putting the "cancer" in a cell won’t stop the rotting, and they forget that "cancer" is infectious. So, I’ll try my own method. Instead of moving this "cancer," I’ll end it all so it can’t cause any more trouble."

Meanwhile, back at the compost where the bodies were, right after Azure left*

The building was supposed to be quiet, but suddenly a voice could be heard inside. "Interesting. This one should be able to keep me interested for quite a while. "

1125 Words

12