Chapter 18
262 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

Number 1 looked as if he had seen a toy that interested him. Number 1 had never seen someone capable of deducing so much, of finding out his plan and not only that but counteracting against it.

The stoic person had a grin plastered on his face and only kept mumbling "Interesting" for the duration of Azure's speech.

Only after a while did he stop and listen to Azure's last words. Only then did he realize where he was, Although the grin on his face wouldn't be extinguished any time soon, he still responded to Azure.

"We'll lets get rid of the unnecessary audience."

*The number's beside number 1.*

They had been paying attention to the explanation of Azure, while the other two were more worried, spaced out from time to time. But number 3 was paying attention to every minute detail and word.

As he heard number 1's words, he thought 'wha-'.

But when he wanted to finish his thoughts, he unexpectedly saw an astonishing sight. His view was upside down and he saw 3 headless bodies with blood pouring out like a fountain.

'Beautiful.'

That was all number 3 could think before he fell into an endless slumber.

____________________________________________________________________________

Azure had been mouthing off about his discoveries on number 1's plan not only because he was fascinated with the person.

Azure had been bluffing earlier when he pretended, he wasn't affected by the fight with the mob of villains. Whether it be battling against a seemingly endless wave of villains, or creating a huge number of flames, they all took a toll on Azure's body.

He was extremely exhausted and he could only keep up his appearance thanks to the permanently stoic face he gained on that 'faithful' day.

Explaining to some 'dead' men wasn't a problem for him, and learning more about the enemy he's going to eradicate isn't a bad thing.

Azure had just finished explaining his deductions when he opened his eyes and was greeted with the sight of a fountain blood spraying from headless corpses.

Azure looked at the headless bodies and was surprised. Number 1 had clearly been a team with the group, and seeing the synergy with their combination move showed that they had at least been together for a short while.

Azure was puzzled. Today, multiple times he had been confused at his enemy's actions. Even though he couldn't tell why number 1 did things, he had personally confirmed his craftiness, and so Azure decided to raise his wariness against him.

By no means was Azure in the least bit remorseful. To him, all those he killed today were villains, and as such, killing the scum who are the biggest assailant's peaceful world, and the main perpetrators of harmful acts against civilians was only using more extreme measures to ensure the safety and peace of the civilians.

Meanwhile, number 1 looked at his slightly wide-eyed adversary and was slightly smug. "You're probably wondering why I killed them. Simple, they served their purpose and since the disguise is finished, I no longer need them."

Listening to his words, Azure cautiously replied, "And what are the details of this 'disguise' that was lifted."

"Simple. I'm finished with the organization, so "number 1" is no longer needed. And since the conclusion of this event is almost near, the behind-the-scenes players will start to be revealed. "

Azure had a myriad of questions racing through his mind, like 'What do you mean finished! Conclusion! 'Behind the scenes!'

However, priorities needed to be maintained, so in the end, he settled on only one question. "Since you're finished with 'number 1' how should I refer to you?"

Shockingly, number 1 seemed to have not thought about this and seriously considered it. After a few moments of thinking, he responded, "Ah! That's it, you can call me Paradise. "

Thoughts collide at an astonishing rate in Azure's mind. 'Paradise'? In Religion, it's a place of exceptional happiness and delight. Does this have anything to do with his quirk,'

Azure wanted to deduce more information, but when he heard number 1 start talking, he focused in fear of losing any important info.

After choosing a name, number 1 went on a praising spree, "Over the years, not many have been able to figure out this information and have the strength to keep themselves this long." You're probably thinking about why I'm doing this, but that's the wrong question.

Why, lets you know the inside of someone's mind, letting plans for subjugating them be easier, but finding out the why is much harder than it seems. Instead, other questions should be asked. For example, "What's your goal in all this slaughter and death?"

Azure knew that this villain planned something, and he was likely playing into the villain's scheme, but even so, he was confident in his own strength, and he's never been one to be afraid of his own goal.

"Slaughtering you villains it my way of protecting the streets."

Number 1 hummed in a questioning tone, "Hmm?"

Azure continued, "Countless heroes are out daily protecting the citizens from threats. However, they just send the villains to jail, allowing a chance for a few to break out and cause mayhem once again.

The deaths of that time lie directly in the hero's hands, yet measures aren't taken to prevent them. Words like "that's such a pity" or "guess the cameras are faulty" are spoken, but no drastic ideas are taken.

Looking around Although heroes are relatively safe from villains and are tasked with stopping them, the ones who suffer the most are the citizens. The person whose car was on fire, whose house was burned down, and who lost their collateral.

These are the ones who suffer the most, and yet, most don't seem to care. As long as the villain is apprehended and put in a cell, everyone seems to forget the one who just lost a loved one. And you scum of people who don't care either way.

So, I took matters into my own hands. I will eradicate you scum completely before another victim can be found. If you let another be hurt by your hands, whether the heroes agree with me or not, as long as these hands prevent another tear from streaming down a face, then my hands will be stained red with blood. "

Number 1 listened to the whole speech, and after Azure was finished, he lightly praised it, "A noble goal indeed. Some would even call you a martyr. But let me ask you this: Am I a villain? "

-----------

Yo!

So, the second chapter will be here tomorrow, hope you enjoy the chapter and in about two or three chapters the arc will end. 

At that time I'll post a Q/A chapter for questions, hope you enjoy the book!

 

7