Chapter 28: Deep Groove
189 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN:

More chapters ahead on my Patreon

(40+ Chapters)
...

"Timburr, you'll stay guard here and find some wood to build a cabin for us."

Edward said while looking at Timburr, who was getting up.

The cabin should have been finished by the time they came back from exploring.

Building a small cabin is a piece of cake with its ability.

The loud roar of Hydreigon startled it awake just now.

Timburr then looked at Edward in confusion, it was having trouble understanding his words.

After some explanation, it readily agreed and began choosing suitable logs from the nearby trees.

This took the audience by surprise.

[I thought it was a lazy beast.]

[Who said it was lazy? When Edward encountered it in the forest, it was carrying a large tree log!]

[That's right, although this beast might be unreliable, it is still a strong beast.]

...

The difficulty of surviving in the wilderness lies in finding a suitable shelter to protect you from the wilderness element.

And securing available food and water sources.

But Edward and Rosa have it relatively easy with their beast companions.

They gradually walked away from the lake site, under the escort of Torchic and Beautifly.

Meanwhile, at the camp, Timburr is working hard to fell the trees with a small axe that Edward gave it.

Timburr is also a good helper and partner for the people in the Pokemon world.

A few kilometers away, Edward discovered that the valley here was much larger than the lake.

There are cliffs of at least 200 meters in height on both sides, and there are many caverns dotted on its side. Through the power of aura sense, he noticed that there were many Pokemons hiding inside it.

It seems that the fierce commotion that occurred scared them shitless.

"Edward, look at that marking! If it was caused by a wild beast, then it's too scary!"

Rosa pointed to the cliffside with a clearly seen visible trace on it.

Indeed, there was a deep groove there, as if it had been gouged by something.

It is about ten meters in length and five meters deep!

"This may be caused by the aftermath of their battle."

Edward replied blankly, having never seen a particularly powerful Pokemon battle with his own eyes.

But he can feel the

And it can be clearly felt that the valley's temperature here has become higher as if there's a fire happening right beside them now.

"No wonder there are fire-resistant clothes in the supply exchange list. It's so hot here. The officials might notice there's something wrong in the volcano region earlier!"

Rosa replied, wiping the sweat on her face.

"Indeed, fortunately, the temperature has not continued to increase, and it seems to have stabilized at this level."

Edward stated while pouring off the water from his canteen to his body in a vain attempt to cool himself.

"Chic!"

Torchic seemed much happier here.

After all, it is a fire-type Pokemon, and this place is a paradise for it.

Suddenly, Torchic ran towards the side of the rock wall and looked down droolingly at the shrub growing on it. Then it directly ate it without hesitation.

Edward was a little surprised. He didn't expect Torchic to eat grass!

He soon discovered that something was off. The temperature here is so high that no vegetation can grow naturally. So how could a grass suddenly appear?

And the grass was obviously different from the commonly seen shrub growing on the roadside. It was bright red in color.

It finished the whole thing in just a few seconds. After that, Torchic burped in satisfaction and couldn't help but expel a giant ball of fire into the air suddenly.

"Wow!"

Rosa took a few steps back when she saw the massive flames spit out by Torchic.

Edward frowned slightly, thinking about what happened to Torchic.

2