Chapter 33
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32

When Nikola woke up, it was to fangs to his neck and lips to his lips. Malkav was feeding from him while Dimitri was kissing him. Nikola relaxed into their embrace and waited until they had their fill. When they released him, Nikola made to stand up, only to be made to snuggle between them again.

“So, what are we going to do today?” Asked Dimitri after he stole one last kiss from Nikola.

“I was considering planning a trip to Russia. Vasilisa is still in there, all alone,” ever since Nikola had gotten back his memories, he couldn’t stop thinking about his spider.

“You have always had a soft spot for him,” whined Dimitri, and he rolled to the side.

“I have heard of Vasilisa and his background is…” Malkav paused, as if attempting to soften his words.

“Tragic,” finished for him, Nikola.

“He wanted to say that Vasilisa is an evil git, and Niki, he is. Don’t be blind to his vices now just because you feel guilty about how you used him,” chastised Dimitri, and he stood up. Nikola made to follow when Malkav pulled him back in bed.

“You will be by far stronger if you become a vampire,” said the Antediluvian, and Nikola groaned.

“Dimitri injected me with a lethal injection and I didn’t die,” Malkav glared at Dimitri, who raised his hands up in defense.

“He was thinking of asking me for it. I read his mind from his room,” Nikola suddenly remembered that he was three days away from having to pay his bills for his place.

“We need to go back to my apartment,” Nikola began to place his clothes in a suitcase as Dimitri watched on.

“You might want to not bother,” said Dimitri, and Nikola regarded him with suspicion.

“And why?” The vampire smiled sheepishly, and Nikola knew he was going to be angry in a moment.

“I sold your apartment and deposited the money in your bank account. I figured, since you are immortal, we can live together, morsel,” Nikola glared at Dimitri.

“I just finished paying the loan of that apartment. I spend months renovating it after high school!” Dimitri hummed and went to Nikola. He extended his arms to the Bulgarian, and Nikola reluctantly let the hug happen.

“That place was your old life, Niki. And now, you have a new one. Just so you know, I even took the liberty of faking your death. By bank account back there I meant a bright new one. I might have also…” Nikola got out of the hug and poked Dimitri’s chest with a finger.

“What did you do? Send another closed casket to my parents?” He hissed and, when Dimitri nodded, he made a step back. “It is all repeating. You are taking control of my life, just like last time. You haven’t changed one bit!”

Dimitri blanched at Nikola’s accusations and balled his fists.

“Haven’t changed? If I was the same Dimitri that you know from all those lifetimes, would I have agreed to share you with Malkav? Wouldn’t I have wanted to erase Vasilisa from your brain? Would I have just stood back and let you get your memories back? Helped you in that, even?”

“You still take every choice from me!” Yelled Nikola. Dimitri’s nose drills flared.

“If you can’t remember, last time it was Malkav that did that. And you forgave him and loved him regardless! If you just agree to become a vampire…”

“I refuse,” yelled Nikola. His hands were shaking, and he ran them through his hair and attempted to calm his breathing, to no avail. “I think that will just start the time loop again. That, the second I become a vampire again, I would be killable.”

“That is…” sputtered Dimitri, but then he was hugged by Malkav.

“Possible. I, for one, don’t want to be erased from existence,” both Dimitri and Nikola turned to look at him.

“Because you two keep going forward,” clarified Malkav. “But what happens to the rest of us?”

Neither had an answer to that, and so they remained silent.

“I know I was pushing for you to become like us, but I suppose that it won’t suit you, love,” continued Malkav. He let go of Dimitri and went to guide Nikola to the blonde. “Still, I think you should make up with Dimitri. There is no way that you can still have your parents in your life. They will expect you to age and die. You won’t do that.”

Malkav gently made Dimitri hold Nikola and kissed each of their foreheads in turn.

“I think we can have something special, but you need to train and become stronger. Your blood makes first generation vampires. Powerful ones, if Ivan is any indication. You will be kidnapped in no time when the word spread,” a shiver went down Nikola’s spine. He had not thought about that.

“So, what do you suggest?” Asked Nikola, and Malkav pointed at Dimitri.

“You two are of similar builds. He can teach you,” Dimitri puffed up his chest and Nikola hid his face in the nape of Dimitri’s neck.

“Let us say he teaches me,” Nikola murmured into the silky skin, which was warm to the touch. Dimitri was done pretending to be a 100% vampire, it seems. “For what price?”

Dimitri’s arms snaked around Nikola’s waist, and he barked a laugh.

“Your forgiveness, to start with. And more dates. Not too much, is it?” Nikola guessed it was not.

“But, Vasilisa…” Dimitri snorted and poked one of Nikola’s arms.

“He fell in love with you because you could go toe to toe with him and even win. Vasilisa is as beautiful as he is cruel. You want to avoid seeing him until you are as strong as him. Believe me, morsel,” Nikola nodded. As much as it pained him to admit, that was close to the truth.

“So, a month of training and then Vasilisa?” Asked Nikola, hopefully.

“No Vasilisa until you can beat both of us in a spar,” said Malkav into Nikola’s hair. Nikola groaned.    

1