Chapter 38
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38

As Vasilisa drank, Nikola ran his hand through the Methuselah’s long hair, for once, let loose. He wanted to be the one to comb it, and he wanted to be the one to tie the silk ribbon in it. Similar to how Vasilisa taught him.

I will make you pay for killing me, fly,” the words cut through Nikola like a knife. But he was prepared to accept his punishment. He would deserve it, in fact.

“Ground rules, lovely,” spoke Dimitri from the table as Vasilisa clutched to Nikola for dear life. “No bodily harm. Nothing to make Niki here cry. Him hurting, hurts me, and, to tell you the truth, I didn’t have all that much time with you to get as head over heels as he did.”

Nikola send Dimitri an incredulous look.

“But, you married Vasilisa. You both did,” he sent a pleading look to Malkav and saw jealousy in his eyes.

“That never happened,” said the Antediluvian. “Now that you know he doesn’t want you and may even harm you, can we go home?”

“You are not separating me from my fly!” Snarled, Vasilisa and Malkav took a step to them.

“You will not hold this tone with me, weakling,” that seemed to cow Vasilisa because he lowered his gaze.

“I won’t harm him, but I want to feel the love that I must have felt in those memories you sent me, Antediluvian,” Malkav snorted.

“My name is Malkav. Use it,” Vasilisa repeated the name and hugged Nikola like a plush toy.

“Well, we got off a bad foot, didn’t we?” Came from Dimitri. “Look, nymph…”

“I am a vampire!” Snapped Vasilisa and Nikola’s eyes softened.

“Can you two leave? Just for a while?” He asked his lovers. Malkav send him an unreadable look, but he motioned to Dimitri and they both left.

“Vasilisa…” Vasilisa slapped him on each cheek. Then he kissed him and flipped them over so that he was on top of Nikola.

“Vasilisa…”

“You will be moaning that in a second,” promised him, the blonde. Nikola raised his hands and gripped Vasilisa’s, which were roaming all over his body.

“Look, Vasilisa, I want something good with you. You don’t need to extend any effort on your part. I am already yours,” Vasilisa chuckled bitterly at him and showed him his fangs.

“But, not mine alone,” he retorted, and Nikola looked at him apologetically.

“That can’t be helped. I was Dimitri’s first. Then, Malkav came along,” Nikola didn’t want to think about all the other vampires he had slept with during the time loop. At one point, he had even given Absimiliard a chance. Granted, the vampire had hunted Dimitri until his death.

“So, you can’t stick to one bed?” Asked Vasilisa with a grin.

“Oh, I can. It is just that the bed is big enough for four,” joked back Nikola. Vasilisa nuzzled their noses together.

“But, not a Kindred more. I will castrate you if I find someone else in the bed. Do you hear?” Nikola nodded and Vasilisa stood up from him.

“It would be just so easy if I make the house move. Then the fly will be all mine,” Nikola groaned at the mutterings.

“Malkav and Dimitri will hunt you down, Vasilisa. Then, when they catch you, it will be final death,” Vasilisa looked haughtily at him.

“I can hide like no one else can,” assured him Vasilisa.

“I managed to track you down. They will be able to do the same. Look, give them a chance. Just like you gave me one,” Vasilisa turned to the table, where there was a basket with herbs. The same one that Vasilisa had attempted to offer Malkav.

“Eat,” commanded Vasilisa, and Nikola stood up.

“Dimitri already cooked my blood,” for all that they took turns to hunt, it was Dimitri who cooked and gathered the herbs. He could make a gourmet dish out of wild game, his Dimitri.

“Yes, but I haven’t. Eat, fly,” Nikola picked up a handful of washed herbs and began to eat them. He pretended that they were a salad and, by the time he had gotten through a third of the basket, Dimitri and Malkav walked back in.

“So, Vasilisa, what have you decided?” Asked Dimitri, his voice more respectful after Vasilisa’s outburst.

“I am in need of a new territory, it seems. I can’t uproot the fly,” Malkav’s eyes narrowed.

“That town is mine and there are Gangrel in the surrounding farms. Apart from that, you will also be living in my apartment,” Vasilisa’s eyes widened, and he turned to Nikola.

“I am to relinquish all control of my life to him?” He hissed and Nikola just shrugged.

“He has this family’s best interests at heart,” assured him, Nikola. Malkav looked at him and tilted his head to the side.

“Family?” That question hurt Nikola, didn’t Malkav consider Dimitri and he more than just lovers? As a family? He spoke his question and Malkav smiled gently.

“I’d like that, yes. So, when do we leave?” Asked Malkav, and they all turned to Vasilisa.

“You have to set Igor and Katya loose. They can’t pass through security at the airports. Or, go into civilization,” supplied Dimitri with an unfeeling tone.

Nikola shook his head. To let them loose was to kill them. He didn’t want their deaths on his conscious again. Besides, they had looked peaceful just now.

“Vasilisa, can’t you mask their true appearance? Like you masked mine?” Asked, Nikola and Vasilisa became thoughtful.

“I suppose I can. But, they will have to remain quiet during the trip. They hadn’t been in civilization for quite some time. They might let things slip that shouldn’t be made known,” Nikola smiled. Now that he was assured that no one needed to die, he wanted to get to know the two ghouls.

“So, seeing as you all are in a better mood, can we take a walk along the river? It is a lovely moonlight night,” suggested Nikola. Vasilisa quirked an eyebrow.

“I have Malkavian blood, I got last market day. We can go during the day. I have a very comfortable bed,” Vasilisa smirked, and his smirk was returned by Dimitri. Nikola shook his head. Of course, the man had needs, and he didn’t have anyone to accommodate him. Well, until now.         

1