Chapter 41
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“My plan is to gather all vampires and have them fight against Caine,” Flavius chuckled.

“A bit naïve, no?” Said the Roman and Nikola wilted. “You do know that many Methuselahs, especially ones who want to see their Antediluvians slain, will side with him?”

Nikola realized at some level that it was true. After all, Flavius had started him out on Methuselahs to kick the hornet’s nest that were the Antediluvians. But, no one wanted to die. He was sure that this time, they could do better.

“The Camarilla will support us, and we have no time to lose fighting a thousand battles anyway. Caine is awake,” Flavius’s eyes widened at the last part.

“So, what are the chances of him staying where you know him to be, do you think?” Asked the vampire, and Nikola looked down at his hands.

“None. But if we get the Nosferatu and the Assamites to hunt him down, then…”

“The Sabbat won’t stand for it,” spoke Flavius. “They call themselves the Sword of Caine, despite being as threatened as the rest of us.”

Nikola supposed that was true. But the Sabbat were the crazies of the vampire world. The blind cultists. So, if they could worship Caine, would they walk to their funerals? The answer was probably yes.

But, if they got someone else to worship…

“The Sabbat can be redirected. They can be shown a new icon. One that will support their distinction from the Camarilla and the Anarchs. They already practice Satanism, to an extent. What if they get to meet the Devil?” Dimitri being worshiped by one of the major vampire powers would go to his head. But there was no one else.

“You are an angel. What do you know of the Devil?” That rumor had become a fact for many after Sadik had bragged he had met him. Nikola hadn’t spoken to the Turk for a week after finding out he had painted a target on his back. Albeit unknowingly.

“I sleep with him,” Flavius’s eyebrows shoot up.

“Do you now? And your father has nothing against it?” Nikola had the idea that God must not care all that much. Nikola had been excommunicated more than once during the time loop. God was letting him dig his grave and probably not paying him any attention, at that.

“He is not my father. I was born a human. It is complicated,” Flavius nodded and Nikola continued to speak. “How long from now do you think we can get the attention of the Sabbat Archbishop?”

“My contacts in Mexico can start working on it tonight, but I make no promises for even a month from now. And, while we wait, I was thinking you can begin training. I have gotten you an Assamite trainer,” so, that was why Sadik was coming back to the states. Nikola grinned.

“I know Sadik and would be glad to train under him. But I will do so with Dimitri and Ivan Braginski by my side,” he wanted to avoid bringing Matthew to Sadik. Matthew was too gentle, and Sadik might take a liking to him. And then, Ivan would do something stupid and then Nikola would lose one of his family members.

“I am glad you speak like that. I hear you are a programmer. Do you have any inking on what to do with your winnings?” Nikola spends the next hour explaining to Flavius about his restaurant chain plan, one for which he had already begun to buy and rent land.

Granted, he preferred to own the land underneath his restaurants. But, some places were too much under Kindred boots and the elders weren’t selling. Some had even attempted to get him to agree to making them viruses after they heard of the app he made for Sadik, but Nikola refused. And so, they made him rent. With the possibility that they could get his restaurant to close at a whim there.

“And Vasilisa the Nictuku is bankrolling you?” Nikola nodded.

“The food sold will be sold to people who are using the stages of the carnivore diet. Granted, others could go into the restaurant and order, but it will be a weight loss establishment,” Flavius nodded approvingly.

“Have you thought about opening restaurants for vampires?” Nikola blinked at the question. There sure were plenty of those already.

“No. I have no idea how to get pass health regulation check-ups when it comes to blood,” sure, he could attempt to pass it up as a new diet. But no one dieted with blood.

“You can add some upper floors to your restaurants that cater to vampires. I will make sure that you don’t have any trouble passing health inspections. Do that and fewer vampires would have to hunt. Think on it. You will be doing a good deed,” Nikola nodded.

The idea had merit. But he didn’t know how he was going to make the Kine and Kindred mingle, even separated by staircases and doors. Surely, a vampire was going to go to the lower floors and take a warm snack. And cause a panic.

“And also do consider that there will be nothing stopping vampires from going into your restaurants anyway, even if they do not cater to them. So, you might as well accommodate them.”

“And lupines and demons too, huh?” Suggested Nikola. If he was going to be making a restaurant for supernatural beings, he might as well be fair to all of them.

“That is quite the tall building in the making, provided every type of being has its floor. So, the plan is that you will keep living the way you have so far, and you will train with your lover and your childe and Sadik and then, when the time comes, you will help in the hunt for Caine,” Nikola looked unsure at Flavius as the Roman is finished speaking.

“What if Caine doesn’t want Gehenna to happen? He has been awake for months,” Flavius adopted a thinking pose and then shook his head.

“It doesn’t matter whether he wants to or not. It is his destiny,” so, it will be a war, then.   

1