Chapter 46
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Chapter 46

Dimitri sent them back to the apartment where they trained, fresh and clean and with the clock showing not even a second after what it did when Nikola and Dimitri went into time out. The clock’s hand moved and Nikola blinked, as if a spell was lifted from him.

He looked at a gently smiling Dimitri and went to sit by him.

“I talked Flavius into making you the patron deity of the Sabbat,” blurted out Nikola, and Dimitri chuckled.

“I am still of the mind that Gehenna must happen, morsel,” retorted Dimitri, but he leaned on Nikola. “But, fine, I’ll play along and brainwash the sword of Caine.”

“Just like that?” Nikola had expected arguments, not acceptance.

“It is your big pet project. I am certain that after Gehenna you will find another crusade to go on, goody-two-shoes that you are. I have an idea, fighting for lupine and fae rights!” Dimitri chuckled at his joke and Nikola lightly swatted him on the arm.

“I am starting training with Sadik tomorrow. I also said I won’t show up without you and Ivan,” Dimitri nodded, pleased to be included.

“If Sadik makes even a single lewd comment about you, I will bash his head in,” warned Dimitri. Nikola rolled his eyes.

“You won’t be able to even scratch him,” Dimitri had escaped Dimitri once, and he had done so while Malkav and Samyaza had hunted him alongside the blonde.

“I was holding back, keeping in character. No more. Seeing as the Sabbat will be in the know, I will do a big reveal. Arikel would preen, knowing her childe is the Devil. But, not a word about the time loop, ok?” Nikola nodded. He didn’t want his crimes to become known, either. It was bad enough that they were in his head.

“Let us go back home, before Malkav scares Vasilisa,” Malkav and Vasilisa didn’t get along as well as they had during Nikola’s last life. Vasilisa was afraid of the angel turned vampire, and Malkav was drinking in the fear and enjoying it. 

“We have to do something about that,” said Nikola, standing up. “Malkav used to be shy around Vasilisa. Gentle and kind,” now, he was the same around Nikola. With the occasional demanding streak to add to the mix.

They got in the car and Dimitri drove them home. Vasilisa was staying on the edge of the couch, while Malkav had an arm wrapped around him and was watching a documentary. Nikola went and sat by Vasilisa, who wrapped his arms around him.

“You don’t usually shower before coming here,” commented his spider.

“Well, I figured that you didn’t need to put up with my stinky ass all the time, so I did this time,” Vasilisa looked at Dimitri, who grinned.

“Guess this time you will have to shower on your own before bed, eh, lovely?” Spoke Dimitri as he squeezed in on Vasilisa’s other side and leaned into Malkav. “Or you can shower with daddy.”

Malkav grinned at the idea. Most days, it was Vasilisa who dragged Nikola to the bathroom after his training, but, occasionally, Malkav beat him to it.

“I don’t need a bathing partner,” Vasilisa turned to the TV, Malkav looked down at his hands.

“Dimitri, can we go to the kitchen for a while?” Asked Nikola, and Dimitri nodded, understanding what this was about. The uncomfortable silence stretched between Vasilisa and Malkav until the Antediluvian broke it.

“You don’t like me,” the statement made Vasilisa stop to stare.

“That is not true,” spoke the blonde, but Malkav’s eyes narrowed. “The thing is, I am afraid of you. Unlike Dimitri, you are quick to anger.”

Malkav mulled over the words and scooted closer to Vasilisa.

“I want us to be happy together,” demanded Malkav, and Vasilisa snorted.

“For Nikola and Dimitri’s sake?” He accused and watched as Malkav shrunk in on himself.

“For our sake,” countered Malkav, and he picked one of Vasilisa’s elegant hands and began kissing the knuckles of each finger. “We are lovers.”

“I am with you and Dimitri only because of the fly,” Vasilisa’s words were cutting and Malkav didn’t like them.

“Is there nothing you like about me?” He pouted and Vasilisa cracked a grin.

“You are serious all the time,” began to speak Vasilisa. “You don’t take no for an answer. And you seem to enjoy my fear of you. Besides, you are the only one who has ever hurt me, between the three of you. With those headaches, you keep sending me when I say something that displeases you,” Vasilisa felt one coming and grinned. “Like now.”

Malkav stopped his attack and placed Vasilisa’s hand back down.

“You will love me,” demanded Malkav. Vasilisa, in a moment of bravery, leaned in next to Malkav’s ear.

“Or what?” hissed the blonde. Malkav gripped Vasilisa’s shoulders and lowered him on the couch.

“Or I won’t love you right back. And then you will be a third wheel. Have you ever heard of someone keeping those? Because Nikola might love you, but Dimitri is not as smitten. He would forgive me for discarding you,” Vasilisa snorted as if he didn’t believe the words, and his eyes traveled to Malkav’s own.

“I think you care for me. Not quite love, I have been nothing but distant to you. But you care,” countered the blonde, and he pressed his nose to Malkav’s. “The question is, why should I care about you? When the only thing you want from me is fear.”

“I want adoration, not fear,” and Malkav leaned in and kissed Vasilisa. The blonde kept his lips stubbornly shut. Malkav bitt them and his tongue entered the blonde vampire’s mouth.

“Bastard,” spat Vasilisa when he was finally released.

“But your bastard, lovely nymph,” said Malkav with a cheeky grin.

“You three treat me like I am a doll,” Malkav’s eyes widened at the yell, and he saw Dimitri and Nikola coming from the kitchen.

“I treat you the same as I treat Nikola and Dimitri,” answered Malkav honestly.

“Precisely,” spat Vasilisa angrily. “Like a doll!”  

1