Chapter 53
31 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nikola had ended up tinkering on various things on his laptop and had begun to make a new app. The grammar checker that Vasilisa had wanted of him. He implemented all the things he had already tested for and saw that it was dark out.

Picking up his coat, he took off and went back to the car, where his driver was waiting. He got in the back sit and let himself be taken back home. When they came back, Nikola’s apartment windows were shining with light.

He blinked and took the stairs two at a time. Swinging the door open, he saw Dimitri still in the apartment, wearing of Nikola’s aprons, and cooking something in the kitchen.

Nikola made a hesitant step forward and Dimitri noticed him.

“I have been thinking, morsel,” said Dimitri as he flipped the meat with something creamy in it on the stove. “I have never been loved as a vampire. I like the novelty of it. So, can you forgive me for attempting to leave you after you were oh so very nice to me and accept me back? I am making you dinner to say I am sorry.”

Nikola rushed to Dimitri and hugged him, tears gathering at his eyes.

“Do you promise not to leave?” Asked Nikola with a voice barely above a whisper.

“If you treat me right and stop talking about multiple lovers, then I might stay. Depending on whatever or not you can make me happy,” Nikola chuckled at the selfishness of it all and released Dimitri to peer in the pan.

“What is this, Dimitri?” He asked and Dimitri shrugged.

“Just something I felt you will like, morsel. Nothing fancy. It doesn’t have a name. Now, go and wait at the table,” half an hour later and the meal was cooling as Dimitri was staring in Nikola’s eyes.

“So,” began Dimitri teasingly. “How did I win you over?”

“You sort of abused me until I caved. Don’t repeat it. I won’t let you,” said Nikola sternly, and Dimitri hummed low in his throat.

“That sounds like me. You know, ever since I have been drinking your blood, my head has become clearer,” Nikola smiled at that. That explained the better behaved Dimitri.

“So, what are your interests, Dimitri?” Nikola knew a lot of them. Painting and being loved were Dimitri’s obsessions. But there had to be more.

“How about you stop hiding your mind behind a wall, and I’ll show you?” Suggested Dimitri. Nikola looked bashful at that. Well, he supposed there was no harm. Nikola lowered the VPN and saw himself walking with Dimitri around the lake, as the moon shone on them.

“Never pegged you for a romantic,” said Nikola as Dimitri chuckled. Then, Nikola was posing with a corpse.

“No,” said Nikola sternly, and Dimitri tilted his head to the side.

“You do know that I am a monster?” Asked him the blonde.

“There is a potential for more than that,” argued back Nikola.

“Show me,” demanded Dimitri, and then Nikola showed him of all the good memories he had accumulated with him over the years. Then, the dreadful night during which Nikola’s eye had been gauged out came to his mind, and he looked down at his hands.

“See, I have hurt you. And I will hurt you again,” Nikola didn’t care. He was going to keep Dimitri the way he was. Minus all the killing.

“You can feed from me, so, please don’t hunt again,” pleaded Nikola as Dimitri snorted at him.

“What if I rape you again?” Asked the blonde, distaste coloring his voice.

“You are not the same Dimitri that you were,” Dimitri began laughing then.

“It is cute that you think so because I am exactly like that, Niki. You are attached to me, no? Well, that is too bad for you,” Dimitri hummed and picked up some food and brought it to Nikola’s lips. Nikola ate it and looked on Dimitri, eyes full of sorrow.

“Why did you stay if you are not going to commit to this relationship fully?” Asked Nikola, and Dimitri huffed.

“I’ll commit, but you won’t like it,” retorted Dimitri. “I will still hunt. I will still kill. And if you protest then, well, I suppose we will see who is the better fighter,” Nikola closed his eyes, counted to ten, and then opened them again.

“How about we see right now?” And he sent the most potent headache he had ever sent. Dimitri fell to the ground, clutching his head and breathing heavily.

“Listen here, Dimitri, if I hear you have hunted, I will break your arms,” hissed Nikola in Dimitri’s ears. “If I hear you have cheated on me, I will put you in torpor.”

Dimitri chuckled at that and stood up. His arms wrapped around Nikola, who just increased the headache.

“Keep talking dirty to me,” urged him to Dimitri.

“If you attempt to make me pose with corpses, I will force-feed you your eyes,” promised Nikola as Dimitri began peppering him with kisses.

“Let us go upstairs,” said Dimitri, but Nikola calmly sat down on his chair and picked up his fork.

“After dinner,” spoke Nikola, sure that the cold treatment will just egg on Dimitri more. Dimitri’s eyes widened, and he was quick to sit in his sit and to take the fork from Nikola’s hands.

“I will be feeding you,” said Dimitri, and Nikola smiled gently.

“I have been thinking,” those thoughts have swum in Nikola’s mind ever since he saw Dimitri in his apartment. “Move in with me?”

Dimitri lightly swatted Nikola’s cheek.

“You want more of me, eh, morsel? Can’t blame you. I am one of a kind,” Nikola grinned, agreeing with the blonde. He would miss Malkav and Vasilisa, but they had moved on without knowing him. They were safe and happy.

When Nikola finished his meal, Dimitri carried him to his bedroom and Nikola saw chains on the bed.

“You are getting in those,” said Nikola with a snort, and Dimitri considered it before grinning.

“Let us see if you can ravage me, then,” the unspoken if you can’t next time you will be in the chains, made Nikola sigh.

The End.  

1