Prequel 3: Transfer
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was wrong, very wrong. By increasing my psi I have sharpened my mind, but once I got past basic mathematics, I didn't have much science to engrave.

Without the psi necessary to engrave further mathematics or information on the laws present in this world, I have stagnated in psi.

Without anything but qi exercises to do, my newly sharpened mind can comprehend time that much better, making boredom hit that much harder.

In better news, it seems that there aren't many of my neighbors left from my original arrival. I can move my limbs freely enough and I have gained enough control over my neck and torso to start clearing the blockages. Soon they will probably transfer me to a larger area.

All of my limbs are clear of blockages in the main pathways, but some acupoints and smaller meridians remain blocked.

One of the nurses is coming this way. She grabs my basket by the handle and lifts me up. Finally, they are moving me elsewhere. I feel the until now present calmness fade as we leave the room, leaving way for some nervousness and excitement.

She takes my basket to another room, this one is divided in two. The first half is full of baskets, whilst the latter is an open space filled with babies and toddlers, crawling around while a man watches over them.

After placing me amidst the baskets, she removed me from my basket and placed me in the open space. As I had until now been both bored and stationary, I immediately discovered I can't yet crawl.

Seeing as how I cannot yet explore the world, I continue trying to clear blockages. Due to some mana being expelled from my torso, my core qi flow has increased. This has, in turn, pushed some of the mana into my limbs, allowing for increased mana expulsion in exchange for temporarily weakening my limbs. Now tired from the attempt, I take a rest.

However, mostly free from the calming affect of the nursery, I find another strange energy behind my psi. Where as my psi occupies the front of my skull, this energy occupies the back. Yet again, without clear cause, I am instantly made aware this is spirit.

Spirit is the energy of the soul, and while I won't be receiving direct benefits yet, mastery can clear the heart and aid the cultivation of qi and psi.

How one increases this energy is to identify and refine parts of their subconscious. Because they both reside in the brain, psi and spirit are intertwined.

Resting anyway, I start to meditate and see a tangled net. I see a current flowing through the net. This current sometimes flows against itself. Every time this happens, I lose some spirit. Unfortunately, I have to fix these clashes by identifying the corresponding internal conflict. However, as long as I know this, by modifying the corresponding place in my soul, I can instantly resolve any conflicts.

For example, if I was presented with the trolley problem, so long as I both had an answer and identified the correct spot, I could correct my worldview instantly to match.

The drawbacks are that by setting an answer more conflicts can arise between contradicting answers. Furthermore, the feelings about any particular answer come from an area I can't mess with yet. Lastly, areas about things I haven't experienced don't exist yet.

In the absence of any way to progress, I rest.

The purpose of the soul system is to speedrun character development. While what the soul looks like is subject to change, it's function is set. Notably, this system is not allowed to fix problems until the change is both needed and acknowledged by the souls editor (not necessarily the souls owner), but can skip the usually long process of changing oneself for the better. Early stages will help keep the mind and body calm. Later stages allows for heart energy (a more powerful version of intent) and contributes to domains.

0