Prequel 4: Toddler Blues
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have made two important qi milestones during my time in the nursery so far. First, I have connected my legs to my dantian. Without mana blocking the way, the qi I actually produce can skyrocket. Second, I have connected my arms to my lungs. The lungs are adept at collecting and expelling mundane energies, allowing for the increased expulsion of mana.

While my legs are connected, my lungs are still separated by the mana clog.

I am bored. I can't talk yet, But I can understand a few words. I have tried playing simple games, but don't have the motor skills. Fortunately, without any resources to horde or differences in treatment, none of my neighbors have even conceived of bullying yet.

Our caretaker is named Mr Malloy. Mr Malloy is a foul-mouthed and near negligent sort. He is routinely spoken to in harsh tones by a couple of the nurses.

One of these nurses is a woman named Sarah. Sarah is caring and attentive, but also increasingly infuriated by Mr Malloy. On top of never hearing Mr Malloy's first name or Sarah's last, I notice that Mr Malloy often lets something irresponsible happen often, only being kept in check by Sarah. The only time Malloy took his job seriously is when some kind of supervisor steps in.

The supervisor has only stopped by three times, irregularly. When he steps in, Mr Malloy breaks out a perfect concerned parent look. Sarah's face also changes to look more fake than her usual motherly smile and laugh. Not a single word has been spoken to or by the supervisor.

Seeing as how the supervisor is not here right now, Mr Malloy looks at us every minute or so, clearly tired from some kind of late night activity. At some point in time, he starts to carry us to our baskets to nap. As both one of the younger and as someone doing exercises of some sort all the time, I go to sleep almost instantly.

0