The Traveler vs The One Punch Man
496 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I really love this fight because it shows the upper limit of what a clone of Brian is capable of when he wants to go all out. Enjoy.

15+ chapters in my Patreon. Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

::-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

(Elsewhere - The Traveler)

His eyes glowed blue as his body shook. Afterimages appeared around his meditating form as he viewed the possible futures of what would happen. After being at it for close to a week, The Traveler finally opened his eyes. 

He landed on the floor of the room and instantly went for the Liquor cabinet. After his different forays into the multiverse, The Traveler had gathered a few drinks that were strong enough to give him a buzz. The drinks were needed to deal with the mad people in this life. Tatsumaki alone was a headache most days. 

He poured himself a glass of Viltrumite wine and drank it down. Then another. Just like that the bottle was finished. He stared at the empty bottle in his hand and slammed it on the ground. The bottle shattered into a thousand pieces that stopped in mid air, motionless just like everything else. 

The Traveler's palm glowed blue causing time itself to stop for the whole universe. 

Then he screamed out in righteous anger. 

"Fuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

For the first time ever, the part of Brian with the most control had lost it. 

The scream sent forth a wave of destruction that destroyed everything on the planet. Man, woman, child, animals and trees. Everyone was consumed by a blue energy wave that spread out to encompass the planet, the solar system and finally stopping after destroying the Milky Way.

The Traveler breathed in deeply despite the lack of air to breathe and opened his eyes. Far off into the distance, all he saw was the light of stars in the neighbouring galaxies. There was a void of nothing but ambient Psi-magik energy around where the galaxy was supposed to be. And the only thing that remained apart from The Traveler, was a baldheaded man holding his breath in space.

The ambient Psi-magik energy lit everything around, casting the area closest to the two in a clear light that had no discernible source.

Saitama looked around in muted surprise. Nothing seemed to really phase the caped baldy. His eyes fell on The Traveler and grew curious as to why he and him were the only things around when a second ago, Saitama was playing games with King.

The Traveler looked into the face of the strongest mortal in the One Punch Man universe and marveled at the aura of casual zen surrounding Saitama's body.  

"Even in such an extreme situation, where you don't know what is happening, your mind is like still water. Ever clear and unburdened."

Saitama's brow was set in confusion. 

"What are you talking about?" 

The traveler flew closer to the Caped Baldy. He absentmindedly transmuted the ambient energy in this space to produce oxygen and other essential gases for Saitama to breath. 

"That attitude. That attitude of casual disregard no matter what happens is admirable. I thought I had it too but…" The Traveler paused in mid sentence.  "turns out I don't."

Saitama's hand came off his face once he found out he could breath again. 

"Seriously dude, where are we?" 

He asked looking around once more.

The Traveler's response soon changed Saitama's face into a serious  

"You can't recognize it I suppose. Its less than it should be after all. This Saitama, is where our Galaxy used to be. I destroyed it."

Saitama could hardly believe it. It wasn't because he couldn't fathom someone having that kind of power. He had never found a true limit to his power after all. No, what bothered him was why someone would want to do that. 

"Destroyed it? Genos, King and the others?"

"Dead." 

The Traveler answered without missing a beat. Saitama clenched his fist. The guy before him, dressed in an immaculate suit had helped against Boros fight. What could lead to him doing something so out of left field. 

"Why?" 

He finally asked.

The Traveler smiled though his eyes were cold. Whatever had set him off made him crave a way to kill the feelings of frustration, fear and anger brewing deep inside him. And he now had the perfect partner to let loose with. Someone who wouldn't break at the slightest hit. And he didn't even need to do much. This guy was a battle freak, constantly looking for a worthy foe. Well, Saitama was about to get way more than he bargained for. A sick smile spread onto The Traveler's face.

"The truth? I lost control. However, that's not what you want to hear is it? The thing you want to me say, is because I wanted to. I had the power so I killed them. And that's because deep down you're a psycho who only cares about one thing. Getting that feeling of excitement in a fight to the death that you lost so long ago."

The Traveler deconstructed Saitama's personality with clinical precision. 

"Now the question is Saitama, what are you going to do about it."

For the first time in a long while, Saitama allowed a full blown excited blood thirsty smirk to appear on his face. 

"You're strong, so the simple answer, Kill. I am going to MURDER THE SHIT OUT OF you.

The Traveler spread out his hands. 

"Let us create a suitable arena for this." 

A wave of power rushed out and for hundreds of thousands of miles in every direction, a surface made of pitch black metal appeared, hovering in space. 

Both powerful entities landed on the flat surface and faced each other. Surprisingly, Saitama's costume seemed to have survived the destruction wave that destroyed everything else.

"Shall we begin?"

The Traveler spoke out loud, his voice transmitting through the former vacuum of space. He had set up a life supporting environment along with creating the arena. Gigantic magic circles appeared behind The Traveler.

"To start us off, let's see how you handle this. As a reminder, Don't Hold Back Saitama."

His raised hand dropped down and the whole space fluctuated from the amount of Psi-magik energy coming off the magic circles. The circles hummed with the sheer power of the attack they held and in one synchronized action, beams of fire, water, ice, earth, lightning, light and darkness assaulted Saitama from all sides. An elemental move.

The attacks were fast enough to traverse a mile in a split second. Saitama's hand pulled back and he punched out, forcefully destroying the devastating attacks without them reaching his position. He took a step and blurred next to The Traveler who was still watching Saitama's previous location with a smile on his face and hands in his trouser pockets.

A glint of ominous aura appeared in Saitama's eye. Heading for The Traveler's face was an attack that had destroyed many before him. The blow connected and the sheer strength behind it… disappeared instantly. Saitama couldn't believe it. 

The Traveler looked at him and cocked his head. 

"I thought that would have surely hurt me but I'm surprised it's not the case." He held up a hand. On the index finger a swirling mass of black red energy coated it's form. An energy that was not Psi-magik.

"What is that?"

Saitama asked unworried and instead of answering, The Traveler flicked Saitama's forehead with the energy and the Caped Baldy was unexpectedly blown back. The shockwave alone sent the ambient energy into an uproar as the strongest man in the universe dug a grove with his body for tens of miles before stopping.

His body gave off smoke and he had a look of confusion on his face.

The Traveler looked at his hand and frowned. The appendage had broken but his inner energy had already healed it instantly. That was a consequence of using Echo: Reverse on someone like Saitama.

Danger sense cried out in warning and he instantly teleported to the sky. Looking down at his previous location, the Mithril and Katchin metal alloy ground had cracks originating from a crater that had just appeared out of nowhere. Danger sense blared out again and he teleported to another area. 

No sooner had he done that when the same skill warned him of another impeding attack. 5000 miles away and Saitama was still fast enough to keep up with his teleportation. Energy left The Traveler's body and slowed down the time to the point where one second was a year. Barely enough to slow Saitama down.

He blinked his eyes and a red gloved fist occupied his whole vision. An explosion of energy blasted out as Saitama's fist slammed onto a layered shield. The whole Arena ground before them broke with a resounding crack behind Saitama's foot.Time returned back to normal.

The Traveler's shield rippled but held. The two combatants smiled at each other, aggression in their eyes. Each wanted to defeat the other.

"I can't take it easy on you."

Saitama's fist started blurring upon the drop of his words, shooting forward at the speed of sound, then going invisible as he amped up the tempo and speed. They were going at the speed of light.

Cracks in space appeared around them as reality tried to hold it together. One of The Traveler's hand came out of his pocket as he increased the output of his energy pouring into the shield to make it more durable. 

The crack on the arena increased and with a loud groaning sound the arena separated into two pieces. Due to losing traction, Saitama's unending attack stalled allowing The Traveler brief respite to attack. 

"I hope you survive this. I haven't gotten to see your Serious series punches."

A different magic circle that was purple in color manifested before Saitama and without warning, a purple beam landed on Saitama's body.

The attack threw him onto one of the arena pieces and shot through with him under it. Saitama's costume was reduced to rags while he floated in space unharmed but shocked. He looked up at the broken section of the arena and knew that his opponent was still waiting for him, unharmed.

Unharmed despite the onslaught. Saitama was not giving it his all but no other opponent had survived till this point so maybe, maybe he could. The recent matters had left him confused and in disbelief. Within a second he had lost everything. 

However, instead of emotional pain and despair, the most prominent emotion in Saitama's heart was determination and excitement.

'I need to get back up there.' he thought.

Saitama flexed his back and leg muscles, his toned physique became prominent as he used his instinctual control of his body to come up with a new skill. 

He relaxed his muscles again and then flexed them the next instant. Steam escaped his body  from the back and carved a trail behind him as his body shot off at high speed towards The Traveler.

The Traveler chuckled in surprise.

"What a monster, he managed to find a way to fly unassisted in this space by using his physical strength alone."

He aimed for Saitama and flew forward in a direct collision course for him. Thousands of his copies appeared around him and each had a variant of a Rasen-shuriken in his hands. 

The attacks shot forward and slammed into Saitama from all sides. The resulting blast shattered the arena into a million pieces all floating about in the cold emptiness of space. Saitama threw punches to counter the copies. With every blow dealt that dispelled one, The Traveler created more to occupy their place. 

Saitama destroyed millions then billions of magical attacks by his fist and kicks alone. Streams of a black and brown blur criss crossed space as they both traded blows, reality was collapsed in some places, showing nothing but black holes and weird phenomenon that distorted space. 

They fought for days. Saitama unleashed his Serious series punches that The Traveler countered with the destruction wave, his most destructive attack that incorporated time erasure and spatial disintegration elemental principles.

Their Fighting spilled over to the neighbouring galaxies and the closest ones were destroyed. The Cosmic federation, a universal governing entity sent armies that were killed by The Traveler's mere hand wave. Trillions of soldiers dead by a mere gesture. Yet the fight between him and Saitama continued to up in intensity. The Andromeda Galaxy was completely destroyed and the Cosmic federation was already assisting people in fleeing to other nearest sectors.

Seeing that no action they had taken had killed the two fighting gods, galactic class bombs were dropped upon them but Saitama surprisingly slurped up the resulting explosion as he was already feeling hungry from the fight.

Then came the mercenaries, many of whom were Boros level. They were killed by the shockwave from one of Saitama's punch hitting The Traveler's universe class shield. 

The Cosmic federation cordoned off that sector and spread the news of the first confirmed spotting of real gods. Churches sprang up over the one month that they had spent fighting. 

Finally after 3 months, The Traveler held up his hand to stop Saitama. They both looked very different from before. 

Saitama was dressed in his signature suit that was tattered beyond repair. It was only enough to cover his privates. His eyes were a red color and his skin glowed with a scarlet tint.

The Traveler had two infinity symbols that had appeared in the iris of his eyes. His suit was as immaculate as ever but his hair was longer than before, falling past his shoulders. The aura of uncontrolled Psi-magik was now smooth and refined.

"It's clear that we are evenly matched. I suggest we both let loose a final attack. Whoever is left standing will be the victor."

He told Saitama.

"You're right. This has been fun but I promised to murder the shit out of you for killing everyone."

The distance between them was not that big. They stared at each other and Saitama pulled his hand further back than he had ever done before. His palm clenched and shockwaves exploded from the palm. The whole universe started shaking and cracks appeared everywhere, even galaxies billions of light years away. 

The smile on The Traveler's face fell away. He had finally acquired it after fighting Saitama all these months, the concept of Infinity. His however, went in the direction of infinite Psi-magik reserves. He spread out his hands and created the largest magic circle he had ever created before. The circle had a diameter of thousands of miles. As big as the moon.

"Super Serious Ultimate Series Demolition Punch: Doom Incarnate."

The Traveler heard Saitama call out his attack and decided to do the same. Such a huge devastating move needed a fitting name.

"Destruction wave: Herald of Non-existence."

Both attacks shot out.

In a far off galaxy, the inhabitants looked up at the night sky and saw light. The wave of destruction passed through the galaxy destroying the people as well as all the other planets. The wave of power didn't lessened until finally the whole universe shattered apart.

In the void two sentient creatures still remained.

"You defeated me."

Saitama said as his body was turned to ash by the destruction wave.

The Traveler gritted his teeth in anger.

"I didn't win and you know it. You held back at the last minute. Afraid to destroy the whole universe. News flash," he motioned around them "It died anyway."

Saitama smiled in sad contentment. Despite holding back, he felt that even if he had given it his all, he wouldn't have won.

"That was a good fight."

Then his body disintegrated.

The Traveler looked around at the emptiness and sighed.

"I cannot believe a single vision could have set me off like this."

He muttered thinking of the reason why his mood had gone bad at the start.

"Then again. That vision spells doom for the Main and by extension, everything we have worked for. I wonder how I should tell him that he dies while fighting Asuma. Not just any death but a True Death. Soul and body erasure. How do I tell him that all our dreams and ambitions go up in smoke? That no matter how strong we might become, Asuma's early start has ensured he's our better in all possible ways?"

The Traveler ran a hand through his hair. His hands came up as he cast a spell. Time reversed. The void around him changed as the galaxies were restored once more until the universe was whole again just like it was 3 months ago but no one remembered what had happened. Fortunately, The Traveler himself was exempt from the temporal effect so he recalled everything.

He arrived back into his apartment and fell on his bed, mentally exhausted. He wasn't looking forward to what was coming next. It was time to meet up with the main.

21