What Are You?
397 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I won't live down the arguments so let me atleast try to alleviate the hate somewhat. No updates for the next few days however.

Go to my pat.reon if you want to read more.

::---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

General P.O.V)

Peter looked up at the second floor window, his lip trembled. 

"Jason come on!" 

He shouted, urging his brother to climb down. His fear was reflected inside his twin's eyes.  

"No time. Peter run!"

His heart grew cold when his younger brother threw out the makeshift rope.  

"Get someone! Go!" 

His words were cut off when a palm crossed over Jason's mouth and pulled him back into the room. Jason tried to fight him off, but was unable to overcome the strength difference.

There was a curse followed by footsteps going down the stairs. 

"Get the other brat before he runs off into the crop field!" 

Peter stumbled back and with guilt weighing heavily on his shoulders, started running. Tears streamed down his face as he felt his young heart break. 

Every step taken was the hardest thing the boy had ever done. He felt the door to his house get slammed open but never looked back. 

"Hey! Stop! You Fucking kid! Stop or we'll gut your brother!" 

Peter's feet suddenly paused. His body stiffened. They…they would kill Jason?…they would kill…his brother.

He looked back and saw one of the assailants walking towards him with a gun held loosely in his hands. The distance between them shortened. 100 meters…90…70… He stared into the man's eyes and although he was far away and it was dark, Peter tried to memorize his face, body posture and everything. His eyes held a blue glow as his vision was enhanced beyond human limits.

This guy and everyone responsible…he would kill every last one of them. Peter took a step back, nearing the edge of the cornfield. Instantly the man started running forward having realized what the target was about to do. Peter plunged into the crop field and ran. His steps were faster than even before. 

Peter ran and ran. He ran amidst the shouts of the man. The threats of what he would do to Jason, he ran when he started shooting into the corn field to scare him into stopping. He never stopped running even as he felt an explosion of familiar energy, which destroyed his house and sent a blue energy field washing around everything. Destroying the crop field and whatever else was in a field of 1 mile… leaving only him alive. 

Exhaustion hit him and he knelt on the ground just as light shined over him.  

"Please…help." 

Those were his last words as he fell unconscious.

(A while ago)

A hand closed over Jason's mouth shutting off his next words. Jason narrowed his eyes and chomped on the palm above his mouth. There was a cry and a curse as his captor pulled back. Jason aimed and landed a kick on the man's crotch, sending him to the floor.

He ran out of the house only for him to be grabbed by his leg. He fell down and winced at the pain of his knee scraping on the floor of the room.  

"Fucking brat." 

The man rose up but Jason in a panic pulled the carpet the guy was standing on, sending him to the floor in a heap.

The young boy was elated and stood up to ran away. The door opened and a foot shot out to land on Jason's face. He felt his lip split as blood started running down his chin. 

He blinked to get rid of the fuzzy feeling on his head.  

"Sir, the other one has already climbed down." 

Jason caught the tail end of the talk between his previous captor and the new guy walking in. 

"Fuck…get…want him here. Now!"

His ears buzzed and he had trouble catching ing the exact words. What he did hear was enough for him to start struggling. 

"Shtop! Leave ush….awlone."

The leader crouched down on the ground before Jason and smiled creepily.

"I can't do that kid. See…it's you we're actually interested in…your brother…bonus. you're a matching set. We just…know exactly what you are. And if…use…to Hydra."

The man slapped him lightly on the face, forcing Jason to focus a little more.

"Hey, don't go to sleepy land just yet Kiddo. We have much more to discuss."

Jason groaned as he was hefted up. The kick from earlier had done a number on him. He felt unbalanced as they made their way down the stairs to the living room. Unknown to him he had a concussion. The last step to the stairs came too soon and Jason found himself thrown mercilessly to the floor of the room.

"I need that other kid. Make sure you bring him back unharmed. It's alright if you bang him up a little. You know for making us work for it."

Jason tried to get up. He couldn't let them catch Peter. His hands were tripped from under him in his crouching position and he face planted on the floor. He heard the front door open and caught a glimpse of one of the 3 men running out. Tears started streaming from Jason's eyes as the severity of the situation hit him. He was all alone.

No one would save them because they lived so far away from the town. What did these men even want with him? He had never seen any of them in his life before, so why were they torturing him. Jason propped himself up on the side of the table and stared at them.

The leader sat on what had been his grandpa's favorite arm chair and faced him while taking a long drag from his cigar. He was dressed in a gray long coat, his hair was low cut and his face was clean shaven. He had average features. Brown eyes, was just below 6 feet and his teeth were slightly yellowed. The men behind him were generic. 6 feet tall, one with blue eyes and the other black. Jason paid them little mind. His attention was fully focused on the man on the chair.ln

"I believe I should introduce myself. We are going to be working closely with one another after all. You can call me Smith." He smiled. "Now it's your turn."

Jason ground his teeth in hate.

"Fuck you."

Smith laughed.

"You got a mouth on you. Didn't your mom teach you manners…then again she's dead."

Jason was so angry, hot tears started flowing down his cheeks in rivulets.

Smith's smile widened.

"Yes. Show me that anger. That passionate hate filled gaze is what will model you into Hydra's most dangerous weapon. However…"

He raised his side arm, pointed it at Jason's side and pulled the trigger without warning. Jason flinched and clenched his teeth expecting pain that never came. 

Instead, his palm came into contact with a warm flowing liquid. His raised his shaking hand and stared at the blood covering it.

"Such insolence, will not be appreciated. When I ask you a question…you answer. Otherwise I'll put more bullets into your mother's dead body to the point she turns into a sieve. Is that clear?"

Jason didn't answer. Too shocked at the scene. Another gunshot rang out and he flinched again.

"Is.That.Clear?"

Yet, the young boy didn't answer. His eyes looked back and came into contact with his mother's corpse, staring off into space, unblinking and very much dead. So much blood… something inside him broke.

Smith got up, frustrated and walked forward to crouch before Jason. 

"I am a man of little patient. When I ask you something…You. Answer. Me." The last 3 words were punctuated by a bullet each. Meredith Quill's body rocked with every bullet that impacted it. 

Suddenly, the air in the whole room changed. Electric streaks of light flashed across the furniture and Smith jumped back, his gun trained on the young boy whose sight had never left his dead mother's body. 

"Mom… I'm so sorry. You tried to protect me even when you knew I was this one responsible for Grandpa's death…I swear to you, I'll never lose someone I love ever again. Even if I have to destroy the whole world to make sure it doesn't happen. I'll protect Peter, so don't worry anymore. Leave everything to me."

Jason Quill's eyes dried up, his shaking stopped and his vision turned towards Smith.

"Boss…I think we should shoot."

One of the men, gulped while going for his side arm. Smith was about to tell him to shut up but then his eyes looked into Jason's own. The hate was gone. The rage, also gone. All that was left behind was indifference.

"Open fire."

The three men started shooting. 

Bullets left the two hand guns while the last guy had an automatic rifle. The shower of deadly projectiles rained upon a boy no older than 8. And the projectiles moving at speeds faster than sound, lost. A blue glowing shield appeared before the child and the death rain. Smith's eyes turned cold as he watched the bullets pause in mid air.

"Holy shit."

One of his men said. Smith's hand lost strength and the gun landed on the floor. His face was cast in disbelief. 

Jason's eyes glowed blue and he floated up to hover in the air. All his injuries were healed in a golden glow that washed over his body. He stared at Smith and the others.

"I will kill Hydra. Every last one of you scum will die. I swear it."

He stated as a matter of fact.

"Nice knowing you boys."

Smith told his men. One of them started running away while the other changed the magazine on his gun and continued shooting once more to no avail. Smith spread out his hands and accepted death with a smile on his face.

"Turn to dust."

Jason declared.

An explosion of energy escaped his body and spread out evenly on all sides. Smith was turned into ash along with his men. The explosion continued to eat through everything. The house disintegrated then the cornfield followed and before long, nothing alive existed 1 mile from the epicenter of the blast.

Jason's eyes lost the glow and he slumped down onto the ground. 

:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:

All around the world, pandemonium arose among special groups of people. 

In the X-mansion, located in Salem center, Westchester county, New York, a certain man in a wheelchair stiffened in place. For a brief moment, just a brief moment...he felt a presence unlike any other. Stronger than even Apocalypse from few years ago. 

Charles Xavier pushed his wheelchair from his office and left for Cerebro. The presence he had felt needed...further looking into. If it was a mutant, then whoever it was would need guidance and teachings on how to control their power. Charles feared the worst if that power was fully unleashed...he thought of Jean and the safeguards he had put in place.

Maybe it was time to compromise his morals for the good of all again. The fact that Charles was contemplating such a drastic action showed just how terrified be was.

However, despite using Cerebro to comb through the world , Charles failed to locate the presence.

The ancient one paused in the middle of pouring tea for her guest. The amiable smile on her face slipped as she turned to Odin. Her serious look was mirrored on the Allfather's face.

"I felt it too."

He nodded at her.

"It's a shame. I was looking forward to sharing this tea with you."

The Ancient One replied.

"Perhaps some other time, Sorcerer Supreme. You are needed elsewhere."

She got up as a golden portal glowed before her. She cast one last look at the Allfather.

"Please close the door on your way out. The draft gets in and chills the place."

Odin waved her off as he gulped his tea. The Ancient One frowned and muttered something about brutes not knowing how to properly appreciate tea.

She stepped through and found herself in a smoking crater. Her gaze was cast upwards and caught the glimpse of a craft of some sort flying away. She thought of intercepting it but decided not to once she heard a low groan. 

Detection spells shot out of her while walking towards a child who was the only thing alive in the crater. The Sorcerer Supreme ran her hands above him in a scan and pulled back her hand suddenly. 

There was something...not quite normal with the child. His whole being was saturated with 3 different types of energies she had never felt before. Though only one of them seemed to be active.

"What are you?"

She wondered aloud. The Ancient One scooped up the boy and left once she begun hearing the sound of helicopters and vehicles approaching.

The Ravager ship had just taken off from earth. Yondu looked at the young boy sleeping on the bunk bed with an unreadable expression

"Captain our…employer never said anything about there being another kid."

"I know. Which is why we left him. I don't know what that...freak wants with the boy. I'd rather spare the other this one's fate."

14