The Auxiliary System
378 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjoy you ruthless people. Just kidding. Or am I?

::-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

(Unknown P.O.V)

[Auxiliary system Online]

+: Running primary diagnostics….

(All systems operational)

+: Running primary diagnostics on User.

(Soul signature matches.)

(Mental signature…ERROR ERROR… Anomaly detected. Repairing… Memory retrieval failed. Searching for alternatives… connecting to the main System… Failed. QUERY! QUERY! QUERY!)

(Searching for other alternatives…force memory implant from the backup feasible… calculating… probability of harm befalling the User is more than 50% through:-

Brain damage.

Insanity.

Soul erosion.

Personality split.

(Searching for viable options…Help User rediscover his abilities upto 0.01% of his full power level to increase chances of survival during the forceful memory upload.)

(Mission Assignment Function generated)

[Standing By]

(General P.O.V)

Creases appeared on the ancient one's forehead. The future had changed. Ever since she had felt the massive energy surge and then laid her eyes upon the one responsible…a lot of things destined to occur had taken a dive of a cliff and died. 

And now…she couldn't see it anymore. There wasn't a pattern to follow or events to look forward to or ultimatums to dread. The future had changed in the worst possible way. It had turned into a mish mash, mixture of infinite possibilities that rendered the experienced eye of the Sorcerer Supreme inert. 

Everytime she used the eye of Agamotto, a massive headache would assault her mind as future events from past, present and future intertwined into one incoherent stream of information. 

She lowered her hands from the thousandth try and patted her head with a cloth to get rid of the perspiration. 

A portal opened before her and out walked one of the old masters. To her however, the 70 year old was a child compared to the many years she had lived. People say that you should rest in your old age. 

"Yet I never seem to take a break." 

She muttered to herself.

"Excuse me Ancient One, the young child is awake." 

The gravely voice of the master broke her out of her thoughts. 

"Thank you Master Yanka. I'll be there shortly." 

She told him and he withdrew from the room the same way he came in. 

The Ancient One freshened up and ten minutes later she was seated before the young boy who was staring up into the ceiling, unfocused. She took the chance given by the silence to study him. He had blonde locks, grey eyes and a face that would grow up to be handsome one day.  

"They killed my mother and…I don't know where my brother is."

The boy said, it being the first words that had come out of his mouth since he had awakened. His expression remained slack and serious. His tone almost uncaring if it wasn't for the slightest touch of hate the Ancient One had managed to catch. And only because of her experience. The very air itself became heavier and she noticed a tightening on her chest. Making it hard to breath as he unconsciously saturated the room with one of the energies he had access to.

The Ancient One felt sorry for the child. Even after more than 300 years, the pain of losing a loved one is never truly gone. And this boy was below 10 years old and handling it like a pro. Refusing to show the pain or weakness. Admirable and foolish. One thing she was sure of, was that he would raise up a storm in the future.

The Ancient One flicked the child's forehead and he lifted a hand to touch the spot. 

"Ow. What did you do that for?" 

He looked at her aggrieved. 

"Control yourself. Your power is leaking out into the surroundings."

Jason's face peaked up in a little interest. 

"You're…like me?" 

"And what do you mean by that?" 

The Ancient One raised up an eyebrow. For a minute, Jason looked unsure. 

"A…freak."

The Ancient One flicked another finger on Jason's forehead. 

"Oow. Lady, what is your problem?"  

He asked angrily. The AO snorted derisively. 

"I don't know about you but I am not a freak."

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" 

The young boy shot back incensed.  

"Then speak up clearly. I'm an old woman you know. Sometimes it's hard understanding things." 

"I meant powers…you know, weird things happen around you too right?" 

He asked in a little desperation. Hoping she would relate. 

"Not exactly." She started only to see the downcast expression on the boy. 

"And that's because I have learned to control and manipulate my…powers." 

The Ancient One looked at the prepared tea set on the table beside her. She waved a hand and the tea begun to brew itself. Yellow eldritch constructs manifested in the air before the young boy who had his mouth open in astonishment.

A minute later, he had a cup of tea in his hands, steaming. He looked at the AO for permission and she nodded with a little smile. He took a sip and spit it out. 

"Yuck. It's soo bitter. Why is it so bitter!" 

Another finger flick. 

"Ouch! Stop doing that!"

"I will if you learn some manners. What do you say when someone gives you something in goodwill?" 

The Ancient One asked him sternly. They entered a staring match. Jason eyes started drying up after a minute or so. He pouted angrily and muttered, 

"You say, thank you."

The Ancient One smiled softly. 

"You want some milk?" 

"Yes please." 

Jason hurried up to say. A portal opened up and The Ancient One's hand entered it, bringing out a glass of milk.  

"Wow…your powers are really cool. Not like mine… because of them, my mom was killed and I don't know where Peter is…" 

Jason trailed off as he remembered the pain he was desperately trying to forget.

Within one day, he had lost it all. His heart started aching once more and he clutched it while closing his eyes to stop the tears from falling. 

He failed.

Yet, as twin streams of liquid left his eyes, the young boy didn't let out a single sound. He felt a warm embrace envelop him and he eased his body into the comforting arms of the Sorcerer Supreme. She rubbed his back without saying anything. Knowing the boy didn't want to hear meaningless platitudes.

"Can I ask you for a favor?" 

The young boy asked, withdrawing from the hug. 

"Yes, if I have the capability, I will help." 

"Could you please use your powers to find my brother for me?"

A difficult favor to ask. The Ancient One sighed. 

"I am sorry. But your brother is not on earth. I tried to do a spell that could point me towards any of your living relatives on the planet but it did not work." 

The light in Jason's eyes dimmed for a second, then to the surprise of the Ancient One, it returned stronger than before. 

"Then do you know where he is?"

The Ancient One shook her head. 

"What I can tell you…is that your answer lies in the sky." 

Jason's face scrunched up in a frown. 

"What does that mean?" 

"It means you're not strong enough to take responsibility of that information. Luckily," She looked at him intently. " You can change that."

"How?" 

He wondered around. The Ancient One lifted her cup and sipped the tea. 

"Before we get to that, I have a few questions." 

"You can ask me anything." 

" We haven't introduced ourselves. You can call me The Ancient One." 

A weird look crossed Jason's face at the unusualness of the name. 

"Oookay. My name is Bri…" He frowned then shook his head. "I mean Jason Quill. That was strange…"

The Ancient One mmh'd.

"Nice to meet you Jason Quill. My second question is the most important…what do you plan to do with your powers?" 

The air suddenly got tense. Jason gulped while staring at the harmless looking baldheaded woman before him. He had a feeling that his next words would determine his relationship with this woman.

He looked down at his hands and remembered the blood on them. The blood belonging to his mother. He recalled the panicked and guilty look that Peter spared him as Jason urged him to run. To escape and get help. He looked up and his eyes made contact with one of the most powerful humans on earth. 

"Only two things. Getting back my brother…and destroying Hydra."

Silence reigned in the room. 

The Ancient One sipped her tear and placed it down on the table. 

"I am glad you were honest about your intentions to take revenge. I will not stop you." 

Jason sighed in relief. 

"However, I need you to promise me something, if I am to guide you on how to control your immense abilities, I need your assurance that you will not use your power to oppress those weaker. And most importantly, you will always stand between the Earth and it's enemies."

Jason tilted his head to the side in confusion. 

"You mean like a superhero? Like Captain America?" 

The Ancient One smiled. 

"Exactly." 

Jason was silent as he thought it through. To be honest, he wasn't keen on getting involved in anything outside of his two plans.

He was different from other kids. Even Peter idolized Captain America and wanted to grow up and be as cool as him but…Jason didn't. At least not with the same crazy fervent dedication. But he supposed he wouldn't mind helping out when needed. 

"I accept. As long as it's something that threatens the world. My main focus will be on finding my brother and killing Hydra." 

"I suppose that will have to do." 

The Ancient One finally replied. Deep within her she felt sad that a young boy like Jason had been forced to mature so early due to the cruelty of the world. 

She knew of Hydra and if it wasn't for the rules put in place since the establishment of Kamar-taj, she would have intervened long ago and put a stop to them.

However, the sorcerers were tasked mainly with safeguarding the earth from otherworldly mystical threats. They had their own responsibilities to deal with and interfering in the common man's world to get rid of their squabbles was not allowed. She along with countless other Sorcerer Supremes before her had upheld these values and rules of Kamar-taj for centuries.

"I will leave you to rest. Tomorrow we begin your lessons." 

The Ancient One made to leave. This time she decided to use the door. 

"Wait." 

A soft voice called out to her. 

"Thank you, Ancient One." 

"You are very Welcome Mr. Quill." 

"Call me Jason." 

The boy smiled at her.

"Goodnight Jason." 

Once she had left, Jason waited for a few seconds before the smile slid off his face. A confused expression replaced it.  

"What are you?" 

He asked the air while enlarging the blue screen that had been minimized at the corner of his eyes.

The text box displayed a row of words that Jason didn't understand that well.

[Primary Missions]

Acquire basic control of your Psi-magik energy. Rewards include : - Telekinesis, Telepathy, Astral projection and Teleportation.

Get your proficiency level in Psi-magik skills to Full Circle Psion. Rewards include : - Legacy of the Psi-magik God.

Join Shield and make it to level 7 agent. Rewards include: - Your Own Personal Weapon, Information regarding your brother's whereabouts and Information regarding Hydra.

Find the Spy who wants out and help her. Rewards Include :- Legacy of the Soul Emperor.

Strengthen your body to beyond Superhuman Level. Rewards include :- Legacy of the Fiend-God.

Gather all the Infinity stones and use them. Rewards include :- Answers to all your questions and  culmination of all abilities.

[Secondary Missions]

Protect Earth from inter-dimensional entities of all kind. Rewards Include :- The Valiant Costume.

Kill Hydra. Rewards Include :- Access to a powerful set of Unique Skills.

To be honest, although Jason could read the words, he didn't completely understand what they meant. He got the gist of it however. These were tasks he needed to complete and would get rewarded for them.

To Jason's young mind, as long as the missions aligned with his own agenda, he was happy. One other thing he was excited for was…the empty feeling he always had was lessened somewhat. He had a direction now. Jason suspected that at the end of it all, he would have all the answers to his question. 

14