You Don’t Have To Do This
461 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aaaand That's all I'm willing to upload today. Wish I could throw more in guys but sorry, everything else is exclusive Pat.reon content. This was just to assure you that Brian isn't gone and infact...shit is about to go down. 

The Asuma plot point is there for a reason guys. I just wish you could all wait. If I wanted to end this book I would do so by killing Asuma easily but there's more I want to explore. Say what you will about my stupid plot points but no other author takes the risks I do. I try to explore every facet and every what if scenario and I know people hate me for that. For my true fans who like to read the unexpected... buckle up. The ending will destroy every concept of what a fanfic is.

::---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

General P.O.V)

Jason straightened out his robes. The gray tunic he was wearing was a full length vest that reached his knees and same color pants that were baggy yet easy to move in and to top it off, he had on rubber shoes. All in all, he looked like one of those martial arts students in the Kung Fu movies he used to watch with his family. 

"Stop messing with your gi." 

Master Yanka ordered him from the side, having accompanied him to the Ancient One's private courtyard. 

"I look…homeless." 

Jason complained. Then he sniffed the robes and added,

"I even smell homeless."

Master Yanka sighed. 

"Whoever allowed a brat like you inside Kamar-taj has my undying hate." 

Jason smirked at the old sorcerer. He knew he was of course joking because no one would dare say something like that close to the Ancient One's private quarters. 

"Have you also forgotten how old you were when you arrived at our doorstep Yanka?"

The Ancient One's voice preceded her. The door to her chambers opened and Master Yanka bowed a little while grumbling. 

"I preferred if you did not tell anyone that story. It was a long time ago. Let this old man save face." 

A glint of mischief appeared in The Ancient One's eyes. 

"Don't worry, I will not tell Mr.Quill here that you were some snot nosed brat banging on the doors of Kamar-taj and shouting about learning magic tricks to impress girls."

Jason broke out into a fit of giggles.  

"You always do that. I am going to go and think about my life choices. I should have left 60 years ago." 

Master Yanka said in his heavily accented English which made the statement even funnier.

He left them in the courtyard. The Ancient One turned to address Jason. 

"How was your sleep?" 

"It was good. I had a few nightmares though." 

The Ancient One nodded in understanding. 

"That is expected. Especially given your situation."

"Does it…ever get better?" 

Jason asked in a small voice.  

"Truthfully? Yes it does. But not in the way you think. The pain will always be there. You just learn to forget it for a while." The Ancient One looked lost in thought before she shook her head and turned around. 

"Follow me, it's time for your first lesson."

They entered her house and Jason's face scrunched up in distaste at the familiar tea brewing utensils on a small table. 

"Tea again?" 

He asked sitting cross legged opposite The Ancient One. 

"You would be surprised at how many benefits tea offers. For example, it provides a calming effect on the mind that allows Sorcerers to channel mystic energy much more efficiently. Traditionally, tea has been used to stop even wars through a tea sharing ceremony."

Jason had a bewildered look on his face. 

"Really? Stop wars?" 

"That's not the only thing. A tea brewing ceremony can call onto benign spirits and have them bless any social activity like marriage, the naming of a child and all sorts of things." 

"That sounds like you're reciting something from a book." 

Jason refuted. 

"All knowledge must come from somewhere. Books are just a medium to pass on life experiences. You would be wise not to mock them."

Jason nodded as The Ancient One brewed the tea. A good aroma spread out into the room and Jason surprisingly felt himself relax. He breathed in deeply and his heart calmed down. The emotional tumult from before lessened and he closed his eyes to enjoy the peace.  

"Let's begin. Sorcerers are no different from other beings. The thing that separates us is the ability to channel 3 distinct energies that enable us to perform…magic." 

The Ancient One said, purposefully making her explanation easier for Jason to understand.

"These three energies are Personal Energy, Universal Energy and Dimensional Energy. Personal energy comes from a person's own mystic reserves and enable the use of psychic abilities like Telepathy and telekinesis among others." 

The Ancient One's words reminded Jason of the mission rewards he had seen on the blue box. Some of the rewards promised included those same Psychic abilities. He debated on whether he should tell the Ancient One about the missions from the blue box but something warned him against it.

"Universal energy is the energy found everywhere. This enables Sorcerers to create constructs and travel anywhere as long as they know the place." 

She demonstrated by opening a portal in space that showed a beautiful beach and ocean. She closed it and continued speaking. 

"The last of these energies is also the most dangerous one. There are different realms that exist apart from our planet." The Ancient One stopped to let that sink in. Jason had a wide eyed look on his face.

"You mean other planets?" 

"Not exactly. Think of these dimensions as other realities that one can connect to. Due to that connection you can borrow power from the realm as long as the realm master is amenable to it."  

"Ok. I think I get it."

"Good because the power you possess is strangely a combination of Dimensional Energy and Personal Energy.  The unusual thing is that you have access to three types of mystical energies. One of them is a bit more prominent than the other two. To that end, to avoid the incident from before, What we need to do is give you enough control to stave of anymore emotional outbursts." 

Jason listened clearly and nodded along to the Ancient One's words.

"I'm ready." He told her before a confused expression crossed his face. 

"Wait, how exactly are we going to do that?" 

The Ancient One smiled.  

"Come a little closer." 

Jason was suspicious of the weird request but obliged, pulling his body closer to the table. He leaned forward to listen carefully. Maybe what she wanted to do was tell him was a secret.  The Ancient One's smile turned mischievous. Jason tried to lean back, already suspecting her intentions.

"Oh hell no…" 

He muttered just as the finger flick landed on his forehead. An impact that shook Jason to the core hit him and his view changed. Suddenly, he found himself floating in the air. His eyes focused on The Ancient One who waved a hand at him. 

"See you in a while, Mr. Quill."

Then the world shattered into glass.

(Unknown P.O.V)

[Anomaly Detected.]

(User's Soul Exposed To Energy From Multiple Dimensions)

(Hijacking The Link)

(Connection To The Main System Feasible)

(Connecting 10%….60%….100%)

(CONNECTED)

(Data Transmission In Progress)

(Unlocking The User's Component Memories)

(Directive Complete. Operation Successful)

(Jaso… Brian's P.O.V)

My eyes opened as I hurtled through multicolored dimensions. All those… memories. My life as Jason. The pain of losing my… Meredith and Peter. The hate I carried for Hydra and the promise of vengeance…the one who experienced all that was me. A me without my main memories.

I had lost 8 years but I didn't regret any of it. My life as Jason had shown me that there was more to existence than a meaningless search for power. I had loved and lost and I came out of the other end not better but...wiser.

An eldritch abomination tried to reach out to me while I was lost in thought. The spell of protection woven around me by the Ancient One had failed to hold due to the sudden explosion of my true aura, so for some, I was a treat to be devoured. 

I allowed my soul to be pulled into it's realm and found myself in a lava filled world. Volcanos spewed ash and magma. I stretched my body fully, enjoying the popping of my bones and muscles.

Then I turned my attention to where I had landed. A spell to cleanse the air for me to breath covered my head. A spell I had learned from Harry Potter. I breathed in deep in contentment. Then a laugh bubbled out of me.

"Yes. I am back!"

A few seconds later after patting myself down to make sure I still had every, I turned my focus to the realm. I couldn't see any signs of life except for a group on the tallest mountain. A giant demon like figure sitting on a throne. The Realm Lord had a smile on his red menacing face, 3 pairs of arms, was 10 feet tall, wore a loin cloth and in his hands held the leash to 2 dragon like Hydras.

"Well, well. What do we have here? A little mortal trapped in my realm?" His voice was the generic deep voice with the hint of ridicule I had come to associate with Dormammu. Were all Realmlords the same? 

I took a step and cleared the hundreds of meters between us through Flash step. His eyes widened minutely as I crossed my hands above my chest and watched him, one eyebrow raised.  

"Don't sound so surprised. I was just minding my own business floating about in the void and you had the idea to pull me into your realm. So tell me, the fuck do you want?"

My tone was purposefully confrontational, I wanted a fight. Not because I wanted to vent but because I missed the thrill and also because, looking at my current body made me want to cry. It was so weak! If I fell down the stairs, I would probably break something. I needed to strengthen it before figuring out what was weird with my powers because… something wasn't quite right.  The Realm Lord flared out his nostrils at me. 

"You dare speak to me like that in my own abode!?" 

He boomed out.

Yes. Get angry. 

The dragon hydra things let out a plume of smoke and fire in my direction. The flame washed over me and did nothing. I waved my hand to the side and a gust of wind picked up and swept everything away. The creatures stabbed their talons to the ground to hold on as my spiritual energy leaked out of me in a bluish aura. The robe donning my young body was getting ruffled.

The Realm Lord got up from his throne with a serious expression on his face. He spread out his hands.

"I am Rakshasana. Introduce yourself. You're worthy." 

I smiled in ridicule. 

"Oh now you take me seriously huh?" 

My eyes were overcome with a blue glow.  

"Too late." 

I raised my hand to the air. 

A red and black ball of spiritual energy appeared above my palm. Rakshasana sensed something was wrong and his own aura flared up. The realm in response rose up to attack me. Glowing red rocks pelted my position and lava tsunamis flowed towards me in a a fiery wave. I started channelling my own reishi through my body, making my skin gain light blue circuit lines. 

"Blut Vene: Anhaben." 

A 360 degrees light blue transparent dome appeared around me, consuming all the attacks with white circuit lines running across it's form.

The attacks slammed into the shield and did absolutely nothing, much to the dismay of the Realm Lord. He jumped out of his throne and fell towards me. A red glowing spear manifested in one of his arms, poised to pierce through me. The weapon hit Ywach's ultimate blut Vene skill and came up short. 

"How?" 

"Honestly this fight is boring. I can see that you won't be able to push me at all. So die."

I swung my hand down and Asahi's signature skill, the one he had used against a hundred thousand hollows left my hand. 

"Devourer." 

Red energy spread out even across the whole space. Rakshasana was burned into ashes and his whole being refined into essence along with his creatures and the entire realm. The red fire like energy consumed the whole realm and then collapsed on itself to gather in the palm of my hand, leaving me floating about in the void. I swept my gaze and all I could see around me was glowing balls that represented realities, universes and dimensions.

I admired the red shining marble but sighed I'm disappointment as I couldn't use it as of now. It would leave me too vulnerable. so I threw it into my inventory and followed the Ancient One's broken link back to earth. 

I appeared in her chambers without warning. The smile on her face froze and her hands went stiff. She swallowed and placed the tea cup on the table and stood up to fully face me.

"I always knew that there was something... different about you."

"Oh you wound me Ancient One."

I told her and sat on my previous position. Jason's palate disliked the tea but I poured myself a cup from the steaming kettle and took a sip. 

"Mmh...yeah...you suck at making tea. But maybe that's just my inner sugar addict talking."

I placed the cup back on the table while watching her in confusion.

"Will you really just stand there watching me? I promise you, I'm not here to cause trouble."

I could tell she didn't trust me and yet she obliged my request.

"First question, did you take over the child's mind or are you remotely controlling him from your dimension?"

I chuckled.

"Wow, what makes you think I am a Realm-lord?"

"There's a distinct flavor around your aura. One of sulphur, ash and charcoal. Plus you know what a Realm Lord is."

She must be talking about the dimension I just destroyed.

"First of all, I didn't take over Jason. I am Jason. My memories were just a little blocked. Opening my mind's eye to increase my connection to what you thought was a unique dimension I channeled my power from, had the effect of nudging things back in their right place. So thank you for that. Secondly, I am not a Realm-lord."

The look she sent me demanded answers. Answers I couldn't give. Not yet. Especially when she was channeling power from the dark dimension to increase her lifespan. Dormammu could be listening in and start planning on how to counter my past's actions in taking over the Dark Dimension. 

"Then who or what are you?"

She questioned. I juggled my options and decided to extend an olive branch.

"I can't you tell you the whole truth. Think of me as a benign entity here for one simple thing. I don't mean to bring harm to the humans all other beings on this planet. I am human too." I smiled mischievously. "Just a really really powerful one."

"You said you're here for one simple thing. What is it?"

She inquired, making me bite my lip in indecision. I looked into the eyes of the Earth's Sorcerer Supreme and sighed after seeing the resolve in them.

"No matter what I say, you're still going to try and get me to leave Earth, aren't you?"

She kept silent, watching me with the same intensity from before.

Realization dawned on me.

"Infact...all this time we have been talking...you were planning something."

Her eyes widened minutely at my guess, telling me I was right. I looked down at my child body. Now that I was back on earth, this body wouldn't handle massive channelling of my full power. It didn't matter that the body was part celestial, my soul and Psi-magik energy was suited for my original body and I didn't have the control to fight what was no doubt coming without destroying it. Which meant...I couldn't use my full strength. Infact not even 1%.

"You don't have to do this."

I muttered softly.

"I am The Sorcerer Supreme. It's my duty to protect the earth from Inter-dimensional entities such as you."

I lifted my gaze to her. 

"Suit yourself."

13