Magical Battle
401 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjoy more chapters in my PatReon. Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

::--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

"I see." 

The Watchers eyes pierced through the veil hiding Kamar-taj and confirmed his suspicions. Time was…strange in the multiverse but nonetheless his gaze could piece through the layers of the future past and present easily as long as he wasn't gazing on truly powerful beings. Which is why he paid close attention when a baby was born…who had a faint touch of Uatu's own energy, showing that whoever the soul inside the newborn was…was significant enough that the Watcher had decided to keep a constant eye on. 

The only problem was that he hadn't. At least not yet. So for the next 8 years, Uatu had paid close attention to the boy as he grew up. A child like any other, except for a little maturity. He laughed and cried, played and slept. No different from his twin brother except for their special heritage that Uatu was of course privy too. He was called the Watcher for a reason after all. 

However, one day, a particular incident had allowed Uatu to see what laid beneath the depths of the boy's innocent facade. A torrential amount of power with seemingly no end. A discharge of energy from the boy had destroyed the town's park and led to the death of his grandfather. The Watcher had of course not intervened, barely feeling a twinge of pity for the man. After watching the deaths of Billions of lives and the fall of countless civilizations, the death of one person was barely noteworthy.

Following that same principle, he had done nothing when, Hydra had attacked the boy's family leading to the demise of the mother and abduction of the brother. Peter Quill had his destiny elsewhere so Uatu was not worried. Yet, his interest grew as he continued to observe the boy while he destroyed everything on a mile radius due to anger and then the Sorcerer Supreme herself intervening and taking him with her.

And now…the situation currently happening prompted Uatu to look into the future…Uatu stiffened in place. The Multiverse would end and in the middle of it all was the boy. 

"Impossible!"

Uatu turned his attention to study the boy once more and was shocked. The boy's whole presence had changed. Not only that but he was engaged in a fight with the Sorcerer Supreme inside the mirror dimension. 

(Brian's P.O.V)

She didn't even give me enough time. One moment we're talking, the next, chains made out of eldritch energy shoot off from the ground and bind me. I strained but couldn't move. The chains pulled me down and I found myself kneeling before the Ancient One. 

"You're making a mistake." 

I pleaded pulling on the chains.  

"No mister Quill, I am not." 

She told me as reality bent around us and then shattered into a weird replica where the walls of the room were moving.  

"This is the mirror dimension. Anything that happens here is not reflected upon the real world." 

She informed me while doing seals with her hand.

I got a bad feeling from her actions and decided to break out of the hold. True Reveal activated and my vision pierced through the structure of the spell holding me captive. 

'There!' 

I saw the core of the spell was before her on the ground. 

"Channeling this much power from the sanctums will no doubt boot you back to wherever you came from. Goodbye Mister Quill."

A telekinetic blast escaped my forehead in a straight beam and landed on the core of the spell just as the Ancient One was about to complete whatever she was doing. The chains fizzled out just as The Ancient One jumped back from me as I stood up tall.

"That's not happening." 

I told her. 

"We'll see about that." 

She spread out her hands and the whole mirror dimension distorted. The room around us changed as the wooden and stone structures broke apart and started floating about in a tornado. I widened my eyes when the floor under me broke apart and I fell. I looked at the Ancient One who had a serious look on her face while I plummeted towards a volcano. 

"I control everything here. You have lost. Vividus gigas Igneus!" 

Her voice reached me despite the distance. The Lava below me, rose up and formed into Surtur. A real life replica of the fire giant. My shirt rippled around me as I flew towards the sword poised to bisect me whilst I was on the air.  

"Hell no! Bombarda Maxima!" 

A shockwave of psi-magik energy ripped out of my hand and raptured the glowing red sword apart and continued on to break the fire giant into molten pieces. 

I covered my body in a telekinetic shroud and landed on top of the giant's head. A crater appeared on it's forehead while blowing everything else away. I turned my attention to stare at the Ancient One who did the same. Looking down on me like a god. I couldn't use most of my soul abilities efficiently due to being in a physical body.

The earlier incident had been because I had been in my astral form which in actuality was soul form. I also didn't have access to my ki due to that ability exclusively being a part of my body which was undergoing evolution 30 years into the future. Which left…I smiled. 

"You want a magic showdown? That's exactly what you'll get!"

In response, she transmuted all the materials above head into metal spikes that rained down on me with the wave of her hand.  

"Protego." 

A shield appeared before me that blocked the attacks, making the projectiles bounce off it and land on the molten corpse of Surtur. 

I sank through the shadow of one of the metallic spikes and appeared behind a concrete block above her in the air. A red magic circle manifested between us. 

"Burst forth, Explosion!" 

Red flames burst forth with speed towards her. The attack left my hand and devoured The Sorcerer Supreme's position. Danger sense warned me of an impeding danger as Megumin's signature and only move disappeared. 

I spared a look behind me and saw a portal open up and a torrential wave of flames shoot out. Sneaky. I teleported away but my body hit the spatial barriers she had put in place and stalled long enough for me to take the blunt of the attack. I could have easily just brute forced it but I wanted to beat her through skill.

I covered myself with a Protego Maxima quickly and watched the attack wash over my invisible shield. I brought my hand to the side while stretching out my magic sense to detect the Ancient One's position. 

"Found you." 

The attack ended, revealing me and the spinning ball of energy in the palm of my hand. 

"Rasen-shuriken!"

The attack curved through the air towards the ground. The Ancient One replied by trying to open another portal before her but the seal I had secretly placed in space negated that. She didn't despair and instead, an earthen wall rose up to block the attack. The Rasen-shuriken broke through and devastated the area, leaving a crater behind but no Ancient One. 

I went to use magic sense but stopped as the ground started rippling. Pillars of liquid fire - read Lava, exploded out off the ground towards me. Above my head, clouds gathered and sharp icicles started pelting down at me. Harsh winds picked up from all directions to buffet my body. I was besieged from all sides. My protego shield was more than enough to block everything away though. Which assured me that this was no doubt a way to distract me from whatever move she was planning so I kept an eye out while evading the attacks. 

"I call upon the Vishanti…" 

A voice declared from all directions and my eyes widened. The Vishanti had a stronger presence in Marvel than I, not to mention I wasn't at full power yet. 

"Maximize magic: Greater magic sense!" I used a spell from Overlord to detect where she might have been hiding after concealing her presence from me. My scan came up empty as she continued to chant. 

'I am not going to let you complete that.' I thought. To stop her from whatever spell she was casting, I needed to channel large amounts of Psi-magik energy through me to destabilize the mirror dimension, therefore breaking her concentration and the Dimension itself. Channeling such huge amounts however would be problematic for the body I now possessed. One might wonder why I didn't just leave. However, I was sure the Sorcerer Supreme must have copied my earlier move and restricted teleportation. I could Bruteforce it but again...things weren't that dire yet.

The circumstances were really embarrassing though. I had the power to control space and time but I couldn't do it because of many factors. After getting out of here, I would lock myself away and practice my mental and magic powers until they were back to a 120%. Afterwards, we would see who had the guts to actually try to fight me. 

Bringing my attention back to my impending doom, I needed a foci to control such huge amounts of energy. My hand reached into my inventory and out came Extendo, my trusty long pole. Now that I think about it, maybe that name wasn't the best. 

The staff pulsed in the air as I shovelled huge amounts of magic into it, the intricate lines and  crevices along it's length glowed blue as the Psi-magik energy was channelled in a controlled stream of energy. A strange feeling overtook me and I found myself rearing my hand back and throwing the Staff towards the ground at high velocity. 

The Long Pole dug through Surtur's chest cavity, destroying and leaving a crater behind. Then my hands spread out, unfamiliar words escaping my mouth.

"Domain Expansion: World Of The Monkey King."

Psi-magik energy poured off the staff to the surroundings, changing the form of the red and burning ground to green vegetation filled trees and clear flowing water. There were numerous monkey statues on the peak of the tallest mountain, looking ferocious and intimidating.

Just like that the mirror dimension was in my control. I closed my eyes and felt for a presence that didn't belong inside the domain. 

"Found you."

I smiled in victory. The Ancient One was floating in the air, her boots shining a golden color while an intricate magic circle that I deciphered with my eyes was infront of her. The spell was a banishing crest that was powered by one line of magic going from the Ancient One to somewhere else. I followed the link through time and space and saw 3 figures watching our battle from a different dimension.

The aura coming off them…was incredible. Not enough to defeat me in my full power but enough to boot me back to my time if the spell was allowed to be completed. Not that I would. The Ancient One hurried to stabilize the magic circle after my domain had broken her concentration but now that I could see her, there was no way she would succeed.

My hand gestured and the staff broke off from the ground towards my waiting hand. It left a whistling sound as it cut through the air. 

I grabbed it and pointed it at the Ancient One.

"Let's see how you deal with the treatment from earlier."

I told her. Instantly the monkey statues from earlier combined to form a gigantic figure made of stone and wearing a crown on it's head. It reached out a hand as the mountain peak broke under it's weight towards the Sorcerer Supreme and grabbed her. 

The humongous hand rebounded off a shield that had appeared from nowhere. But the statue enclosed both of it's hands across the bubble shield protecting the Ancient One and squeezed. Large amounts of dimensional energy exploded out, decimating my creation into piles of rubble. My eyes widened in shock which turned into understanding once I saw The Ancient One falling down through the air, unconscious.

There were grave consequences to disrupting a spell. That rang true for everyone. Everyone who isn't me of course. That and truly powerful beings. As an example, Spiderman disrupts the magic spell cast by Dr.Strange to make everyone forget that he is Spiderman and that opens up a can of worms. The whole fabric of the world is almost undone.whoch is what had happened to the Ancient One. My creation had disrupted the spell, which then released huge amounts of energy, destroying it and causing The Ancient One grave injuries.

I reached out with my telekinesis and stopped her body from slamming onto the ground. She gave me milk, the least I could do was ensure that she at least lived. 

That said I knew she would come after me again. That was a guarantee. To make sure that didn't happen, I would have to change a few things. I couldn't kill her due to the audience however. True Reveal showed me that only three groups of entities were watching me but one of those groups was... incredibly powerful. There was The Vishanti, the other my old friend Uatu who I would have to visit soon and the last, who had actually just allowed me to see him for the sake of it was…him. The Big Man himself. The OAA. There was no mistaking the aura that filled the make-up of this entire reality.

I gulped. Universal creators have supreme power inside their creations. I couldn't hope to beat him. Which meant I was at his mercy. Luckily he didn't know I could see him. Over the years I had learned how to hide True Reveal's gaze from whoever I was looking at. That said, I didn't want the horrors that came with it.

All I can say about that is that the world is a freaky place. Very freaky. 

I looked down at the Ancient One and decided that if I was going to move unhindered in this world and do what I wanted, I couldn't have her disrupting my plans all the time. It was either kill her Infront of her patron gods or…I wonder…

I looked at the Psi-magik energy running through my staff and urged it to change the Staff into what I wanted. The staff shortened in my hand into a 9 inch pure black with white accents along it's length stick. A harry Potter wand. I chuckled. This was exactly what I needed to change the Ancient One's memories.

13