Chapter 33: Victory and Vow
146 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that day, Ora had returned with 80 different people behind him. The wall of shadows he had put up descended slowly. He was at the very forefront of the entire group. As the walls revealed the inner city, he was quite shocked.

The city was lined with people. Almost everyone in the city filled the streets. He was met with cheers and shouts of praise from everyone in the city. Waiting to receive him, was Rel, Alel, Sela, Aren, Zephise, and various other Plague Children.

This was a foreign feeling to him. Never once had he thought something like this possible, even with all the power he had accumulated. "I wonder what Lynx... Amai would have thought of this."

The sanctuary Amai had once spoken about, and the sanctuary that Lynx had often talked about. Perhaps it could be here.

A child ran up to him no older three with tears in his eyes. "T-thankyou...O..ora! You saved mommy and daddy"

He hugged Ora with tears in his eyes. Several other people came to voice their praise and some even threw themselves to the ground before him. Ora was still entirely covered in blood.

What were they all thinking? He dismissed it all, but for some reason, it made him feel a lot more vindicated in helping them.

That night, after several hours of being picked up and thrown about in the sky with everyone cheering his name, he was glad he could finally rest easy in his room. Everyone was exhausted, and wanted nothing more than to finally get some sleep.

He couldn't understand why people kept addressing him as Lord Ora. Nor why some of them called him a god. But, he wasn't too bothered by that fact. In fact, whenever they spoke, they looked at him as if he was finally human.

It was no longer the views of those looking down at cockroaches. As he showered all the blood off of his body, he was reminded constantly of all the words people said to him. There were many people that wanted to touch him or get a glimpse of him.

They also thanked Rel and Alel graciously for saving their lives. Ora couldn't understand it at all... was it because he saved them? Was that all it took for them to no longer look down on him? What about the people he couldn't save...?

Due to his stubbornness they had lost over 1500 people in the city alone. He didn't care about the loss of life of people he didn't know.

But he did find the old man to be incredibly odd. Haeri was his name, right? Yeah, that was it. That man had crossed paths with Kars and lived. Ora took the bottle he had earlier and stashed it away on a cupboard that was next to him.

"I'll drink it later." He thought. For now, he was too tired. His eyelids were heavy and he slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Fufufu....You definitely impressed me."

Ora looked around. He was yet again in a familiar dark room.

"Of course, you did let some get away. Why was that?"

Alucarde.

"There was no point in killing them. They lost the will to fight ages before I got to their unit." Ora replied.

Alucarde sat in the void that was before him. "Well your actions have lead to an interesting turn of events. The world will hear of your deeds. All eyes are now indeed on you, Ora."

Ora did not quite understand what he meant. But he brushed it aside. "I do not wish to fight today, Alucarde. So please, just let me actually rest."

He yawned.

"Not a chance." Alucarde stood up, and placed his hand out towards Ora, conjuring up several spheres around his being.

"Heh. I found the secret out."

"Hmm? What secre-"

Alucarde disappeared and Ora was back to fully sleeping. His control on the relic was getting much stronger and he finally found out how to willingly enter and exit that world within him. It had to be within him after all, he was the host.

"Goodnight Alucarde.." Ora snored softly in his sleep.

The next morning, he got up, showered and left the barracks. Aren was on his way to the dining hall on the very base floor. Ora still hadn't ventured there since he had first moved into these compounds.

The sight that awaited him in the outside world was one that should seem a thousand times more grim and sad, but the sun shone brightly. Everyone filled the streets, fixing things and hauling away bodies.

When they saw Ora, they immediately smiled and waved at him. Some stopped what they were doing and bowed, calling him Lord Ora.

He was visibly displeased but he ignored it for the most part. He was not being looked down upon. They realized his odd antisocial demeanor and many immediately gave him his space, but they still voiced their utmost respect.

Any attempt he made to help in excavating the bodies were rejected. "It is the least we could do" was all they could say.

"We don't want to trouble you, Lord Ora"

His attempt at helping remove the rubble and buildings were ultimately declined. He sighed and decided to call it a day. He left back to the compounds where he was.

Rel and Alel, along with everyone else were out there helping out with the city's fixing. Ora had no choice but to remain indoors. He was either flooded by praise from everyone, or they rejected his proposal to help.

As he walked along the corridors of the hall, he realized he hadn't yet visited Lin in quite a while. He decided now might be a good time to see the man.

He came to a lonely room, 136. In that room, Lin remained laying on his bed. A bowl of stew rested on the cupboard beside him. He was greeted before he could even knock on the door.

"Come in, Ora."

"Hoi, Lin... it has been a while."

In about four months, he hadn't visited Lin. Only Alel constantly spent her time around him. Rel visited on occasion, but he could see why.

Lin looked miserable. His eyes were hollow and devoid of all resolve. Ora's glance appeared to have gave away his concerned feeling.

Lin feigned a smile and answered. "I'm doing alright, really."

"Lin, you haven't eaten your food at all." He looked over at the soup which no longer even seemed hot enough to eat.

"... a lot of things have changed recently, Lin."

"Yeah... I know, Alel told me."

Ora nodded.

"You really did pretty well, Ora. To think, we'd see a world like this in our lifetime."

Lin smiled bitterly and gave a thumbs up. "I wish Amai would be here to see this."

"This was entirely because of Amai." He said with a smile.

"I see.. I'm tired." He said.

"Haven't you been in bed all day...?"

"Oh... I see. I should let you get some rest then."

He slowly left the door. Lin's eyes lost their shine and his face was yet again the same.

"Oi..Lin."

Lin looked up "Hm?"

"I think I'll have a way for you to walk again. Pretty soon."

He shut the door afterwards, but when he caught a glimpse of the man beforehand, it was a look of hope. Sigh.. "walk again... how in the world would he be doing that?"

Ora left the room and went back to his quarters. Sigh...what is there to even do on days like this? His eyes glanced through his room. His clothing had already been washed. Come to think of it, he hadn't ever worn new clothes. Certainly with the new change in everything, he could wear some new articles of clothing.

"But I doubt any shop would be operating today."

He peered across the room and realized there was still the bottle of liquor in front of him. For whatever reason, he was almost drawn to it.

That old man seemed to quite rather enjoy this kind of thing. He picked up the bottle and slowly tried to drink another sip. It tasted terrible, and burned going down his throat, but he continued chugging the rest of it.

Odd... he felt completely warm inside. A big smile started to show on his face. He had only finished half of the bottle, and though he felt like finishing the rest, he was beginning to miss every time he tried to grab the bottle.

His grin grew bigger as he reached for it once more. He ended up missing, face-planting in the floor and laughing at the top of his lungs.

"Rel..*Hic*...H'ez gotta go trie som'e o fthis.. *hic" He got up from the floor and began to stumble around. Immediately he fell and face planted yet again. From there the world became completely black and he was no longer aware of what he was doing.

"Heheheheheheh..." He smiled and stumbled down the corridors of the halls. Shadows drooped lazily out of his back in a weak fashion.

"Relll, Alel *hic* come out, we got a coupla Yorbianz to slae..."

Pray for Sei'O.

3