Drums Of War
573 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

982 AD - The Crown Prince's Study, Asgard Royal Palace

Its been a year since the awakening and my ascension as a God Of Asgard. And I have spent most of the time training in utilizing my divinity effectively. Just laying a solid foundation for my future plans to acquire power. I have named this `The Omni Project', but that's a topic for another time.

Oh, and did I say mom is expecting a baby soon? ,well dad sure works fast and now we have a baby God Of Thunder on the way and hopefully Loki soon after the war. Well, you can bet I'll be the best big bro and spoil those two cuties. Hmmm, enough ranting now.

The Library Of Monarchs Path has been very instrumental in finding my flaws and making adjustments to it and now I can say I'm powerful enough to hold my own against the big leagues.

Now I'm on my way to the throne room as I just received an royal summon from father. He's never issued that for me before so I can tell the battle lines have been drawn and a lot is about to happen.

The tension in the air was so thick you could grab it. Looks like everyone's could tell it's time for war. I reached the doors of the throne room as the herald announced my presence and I stepped in.

Father or should I say Odin All Father sat on the throne, Hliðskjálf. While it might look like he's deep in thought, Gilgamesh knew he was probably peering into the realms using the throne. And to him that's just badass, being able to constantly monitor other realms while on your throne could change the tides of the war.The Asgardian War Council, which consisted of Generals and War Ministers were present. 

“The realm of Jotunheimr has rebelled and are trying to invade other realms through the use of the Casket Of Ancient Winters. I would have presumed Laufey, The King Of The Frost Giants, knew better than to do that. Looks like I have to remind him once again why Asgard rules over the Nine Realms".

“Father, I have answered your summon" I said while going on one knee with my head bowed

“Gilgamesh, it has been known to me that Laufey has set his sights and decided to invade Midgard. You are to lead the army with Tyr and lay waste to the frost giants following Laufey as he attempts to send Midgard into a never ending winter.You have my orders to mobilize the Asgardian troops" Odin gave his consent while staring at me with hidden pride in his eyes. All of those present in the war council were nodding while looking towards me while nodding and looking towards me with respect and a little bit of reverence. 

“Yes Father, I shall see to it that your orders are heeded" I replied as I nodded to Tyr who was amongst the Generals. And we both headed out to be the first line of response in the war. 

`Beware Midgard, you'll finally be given the honor of hosting this prince's first battle', I thought as Tyr and I walked out of the room to carry out the All Father's orders. 

------------->Tonsberg, Midgard 982 AD<---------------

[Ajak POV] 

Being humanity's guide due to carrying out the mission Arishem has given unto us has been well. We're currently having a great time around the humans as I thought it would be a good idea to unwind and relax a bit after clearing out the deviants in the area. 

I could see Ikaris and Sersi dancing together around the humans with smiles on their faces and just then, I felt a cold air wash over me and looking at the others expression, I knew I wasn't the only one who felt it. 

I was about to dismiss it until it came back again only stronger this time. I immediately stood and ordered Sersi and Druig to protect the humans. While the rest of us moved towards the source of the chill and found a legion of blue aliens I could recognize as “Frost Giants" I said, “from Jotunheimr"

“Frost Giants? Is that what these aliens are?" Ikaris asked 

“You could say that" I replied making Kingo confused 

“Well, whatever it is they are, they're totally bad new since I have a feeling things are about to be crazy", Thena interjected 

“That's a talk for another time now we have to focus on these guys", I reminded while keeping my eyes on the one in the middle with some kind of crystalline casket and his red eyes staring at us in confusion before he called it. 

“Attack!!"

`Well, looks like Thena was right, they're not good news at all. They're bad news.'

“So we fight?", Gil asked, “I mean, they're not deviants"

“But they're a threat to earth", I refuted, “So yes, we fight"

Gil smiled in excitement and conjured his exoskeleton while bumping his fists together. 

“This is going to be a problem", I murmured before joining in the fight. 

And just then, I heard a big explosion in the middle of the battlefield as a multi-colored blinding light covered our eyes. When the light subsided, We saw an army of men dressed in gold and horned helmets. And in the front of them, was a young man...... no King!! staring at us with a smile on his face while radiating an extremely powerful aura of majesty, equipped in a golden spear with a crown on his head. 

“You kept them busy", he said with his red cape flaring behind him, “And we thank you, but now..... It's our turn"

He raised his spear towards the Frost Giants while giving off an extremely piercing aura, “Asgardians! Charge!!"

The army behind him roared in unison, a battle cry resounded in the air, “For the All-Father!! " 

15