2. Registration Complete!
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

Registration Complete!

...

Walking around the bustling guild hall, Alex spotted a corner where a girl is currently standing at while people lined up at her.

'I think that's the counter...'

Approaching the Guild Counter, Alex joined the line as he looked around the Guild.

'Surprisingly it's..... So noisy and stinky' He thought while trying not to pinch his nose from the smell.

The smelly odor of the adventurers along with the food being served really put the smell into a weird combination.

Alex glanced at the beautiful waitresses or Guild staffs and feels like her jaw dropped then he glanced at the female adventurers and sighed in relief.

The guild staffs are beautiful and it's Alex first time seeing faces like this.

Smooth, nicely curved faces and body.... They are like mediocre anime girls that you will see as background characters.

Fortunately, people hairs are either black, brown, red or a blonde. Sometimes there's a mix color, he already noticed this before but now that he looks at it, different hair colors are really beautiful.

Mary hair color is naturally white and Mishuli is black, so at first he thought it was normal but when he went outside earlier, he can't help but gawk at them.

Luckily no one seems to care.

Looking around again, Alex saw the Guild board and the people crowding it.

'So that's the infamous guild board' He thought smiling excitedly.

"Hello? Hello sir what can I help you?" A female voice asked at his side and Alex found out he is already at the counter.

The adventurers behind him chuckled and keep saying something about 'First time coming inside a guild?', 'Maybe a country bumpkin', 'Should be a pampered baby'.

Alex was surprised but he quickly calmed himself down while trying to ignore the beautiful face of the lady in counter.

'No Alex, No Horny Alex!'

Nodding his head, Alex opened his mouth.

"Yes, I wanted to register as an adventurer pls"

Hearing him, the girl nodded then she raised her right hand like she is cupping something which Alex interpreted as her motioning to the door behind her politely.

Alex nodded then he leave the counter and approached the door beside it then he opened it as the sight he saw inside is a man wearing glasses while sitting in a couch smiling at him.

The man motioned for him to sit on the opposite side of him, which Alex did. Looking at the man which is smiling at him, Alex felt uncomfortable and nervous, his legs and foot are restless.

"No need to feel nervous, this is just an interview then you can go now and start your life as an adventurer" The man said as he fixed his glasses.

Alex nodded and the man started his questions.

...

"Sigh, that was mentally exhausting" Alex muttered as he left the room.

After he filled up a form...

The guy keep asking him questions on why did he become an adventurer, what is his goal and he even let Alex made a vow not to be reckless and so on.

Still, Alex learned lots of things from the man.

His name is Kyle and he is in charge of new adventurers, that's why he can just come to him and ask him something if he had a problem.

Kyle also asked him if he knows any adventurer tips or tricks which Alex of course said no. Kyle teached him some tricks on how to carefully pick a herb, avoid monsters, recognized a monster territory by smell, marks, humidity, noises and terrains.

Although Kyle didn't teached him fully everything because he said that Alex only quests right now involves safe jobs and hardworks like cleaning this and that, getting this and that.... It basically means, whatever it is in the quests board which is miscellaneous tasks.

Alex naturally listened carefully and Kyle seemed impressed how he listens eagerly, so he keep reminding Alex not to do this and that.

Apparently people in this world, having used to monsters and common knowledge about monsters which Kyle just said will not listen much to what he is reminding.

If for the people in this world, Kyle is just reminding them something everyone knows then for Alex he is giving him knowledge that can save his life.

Anyway back to the present.

Alex stared at the Guild board while scrutinizing his eyes and reading their description one by one. At this time, the adventurers already went out and do their own daily quests.

Most of them apparently are just low-levels because high level adventurers took a week just to finish one quest.

Glancing at the quest which composed of helping cleaning this and that, being a helper or finding something... Alex contemplated.

'If I do the finding job, it will take too longer... And the helper quest although give big than the others, it's requirements is that you need to work to them for half a day.... Which took longer than finding something'

'So I guess, I'll get a bunch of cleaning type quest... Hm.. maybe around 5 of them"

'One quest gives 50 gold coins and if I do five then I'll get 250'

'I remember that one low-level monster quest in Monster Hunter gives 1200 gold coins and 500 gold coins for doing safe gathering quest'

'Although since I'm naturally just a normal human, I already forgot most of the Monster Hunter quest related things aside from the Monsters of course'

'And I heard that one night in a tavern cost 100 gold coins which already include foods'

'But.... I don't think I can complete 5 quests...'

'Should I only do 3 quests first? Since I don't know how long will each quest takes then I guess I'll do 3 quest first'

Rip

Ripping out the quests from the board, Alex choose quests that he can do as he went toward the counter.

Placing the quest paper gently at the counter, the lady before looks at him then she checked each one of it and nodded satisfied as she marked it one by one by a stamp.

Done being marked, the woman gave it back to Alex as she smiled.

"There's a miniature map in the back of the quests and you only need to go to where the red dot is and after you arrived there, give the quest paper to the quest giver for confirmation"

"May you have a good day on your quests mister" The lady said.

Alex smiled then he turned around the first quest paper and saw a map of the village with a red dot at the north-west near the center.

Relieved on how well the registration went, Alex gave the girl a thank you as he get out of the guild.

He looks calm outside but inside...

'Lez fakin go!!'

He was so happy even though he know it's a cleaning quest...

1