3. Cleaning Job From A Cat
181 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

Cleaning Job From A Cat

...

While walking towards the place where the map pointed to, Alex saw many things that is new to him and can't help but to gawk at them, especially the monsters.

Just now Alex saw a Yian Kut-Ku!

But then, Alex's eyes glow and he becomes baffled by the information that suddenly went through his brain.

...

The Yian Kut-Ku is a monster characterized by its large, fan-like ear frills that unfurl when excited and enlarged lower bill. They have a large, yellow beak with a pink stripe running central down the length of the upper beak. The lower jaw of its beak is significantly larger and bulkier than the top jaw. Yian Kut-Ku's body is covered in orange-pink plating and beige scales. Its wing membranes are deep blue and its eyes are bright yellow. These wyverns are small and relatively light, making them quick and agile. They have an extremely powerful sense of hearing, thanks to the large frills circling their ears.

...

Feeling dizzy, Alex rubbed his eyes then he went near the building on his side as he kneel to recover.

Seeing him, a black-haired man wearing a tunic and brown pants noticed him and he patted Alex's shoulder drawing his attention.

"Are you okay boy?" He asked.

"Ah yeah, just feeling dizzy" Alex answered while rubbing his temples.

"Hmm..." The man contemplated before he noticed the papers on Alex's hands.

"Those papers, are you a new adventurer?"

Alex finally regaining his calm, looks at the man then he nodded.

The man grinned as he offered his hand to Alex which Alex received as he stand up.

"If you have any family problems and you can't resolve them because you can only do cleaning quests, how about working for me?" The man asked before suddenly remembering something.

"Ah yeah, my name is Richard" Richard said offering his hand for a shake.

Alex shook it with his right hand then he asked.

"Work?"

"Yeah, my job is sending support monsters for adventurers and I still don't have an assistant"

Hearing his answer, Alex shook his head and declined his offer. Although that sounds promising, he feels like going there will limit his potential.

"Shame, but you can come to me anytime, just ask the guild where Rich Monster Support Building is," Richard said while starting to walk away while grinning.

"Sure" Alex nodded.

Turning around, Alex smiling face turn to a serious one as he processed the information on his brain.

Just now, not only the physiology but Yian Kut-Ku's behavior, weakness, elements, and hit points are also transferred through his brain.

'Is this my golden spoon?' Alex thought grinning madly.

Now he only needs to go through a week of cleaning quests and he will probably can at least buy a sword after that and start his normal quests, albeit not dangerous.

...

Arriving at the place, Alex stared through a big wooden hut and the cat laying there lazily.

The quest giver is said to be a Cat named Tomato, so he is sure that the lazy cat there is the boss.

Approaching the Cat, Alex greeted it.

"Hello"

The Cat, Tomato hearing him look at him lazily.

"What do you want nya?"

"Oh, I'm here by a quest in the guild" Alex answered showing the quest paper.

Staring at the paper for a bit, Tomato suddenly sprung up like a grasshopper surprising Alex.

"Oh I see, I see" Tomato nodded his head like he is convinced, then he pointed to the hut.

"Clean the hut pls, I'm too lazy to clean it and the dust is piling up"

"It's bothering me when I'm lazing at the floor" 

Seeing the cat's troubled look, Alex scrutinized his eyes to the hut and a thought occurred on him.

'Can I do this someday?' He thought feeling like a new excitement sprung up inside him.

"Anyway, the tools are there.." Tomato pointed at the small warehouse at the west, 8 meters away from the hut.

"And are you a newbie? Shouldn't you already know that you will give that paper to me for confirmation? Why are you still standing there? Move you slowpoke!" Tomato looking angry kicked Alex on his knee and Alex feel the power on them.

Actually, it didn't hurt.

Giving the paper to the cat, Alex quickly moved and run towards the warehouse.

And so, the cleaning life of Alex started as the Cat just lazily look at the sky.

...

Afternoon, 03:45 PM.

Alex started at exactly 10:00 am.

The Cat cleaning took an hour, as stated at the quest, Alex only need to clean for an hour vigorously. The next quest is cleaning a warehouse which took an hour also then the next is cleaning the Popo monsters on a farm which took 3 hours on the other hand.

Popo is like a furry beast that lives in cold climates with huge tusks and huge bodies, that's why it took 3 hours to clean all of them.

Actually, it should take more but Alex has another newbie adventurer that took the quest to join him.

For a village, there sure are lots of people here...

Although the new adventurer said there are only hundreds of them here.

Anyway, right as he finished his task, Alex went back to the guild and give the quest to the counter girl. Having had a look at the confirmation, the quest girl gives him two different gold coins...

One with 50 on it and another with 100 at it.

"Uh wait I don't have anything that can hold these coins..." Alex said looking troubled.

His clothes before falling unconscious are in the village chief's house and his clothes right now are only a shirt and pants with no pocket which baffled him at first.

As for how did he get changed on this clothes... Alex didn't plan to know how.

"Pouch? 10 gold coins"

Hearing the amount, Alex felt like it was a ripoff but then he shook his head.

"Here" He moves his hand and separated 10 gold coins from the main coins which are on the counter.

The girl smiled then she took them and put them on a basket made of metal.

"Anyway, since we might be seeing each around daily. I will introduce myself, my name is Marie and I'm the Guild Registrar" Marie said offering her hand politely.

"Ale-"

Alex plans to tell his name but then he stopped and contemplated while the girl's hand is still hanging and her mouth which is smiling sometimes twitched.

He can't say his name Alex anymore because the name he puts in the Adventurer Form Kyle handed to him is...

"Sephiroth, My name is Sephiroth Archangel"

A chunibyo name...

0