20: Let’s Settle This Like Men (NSFW)
242 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20: Let's Settle This Like Men

 

 

 

Sevei swung his legs over the fence, then strolled across the grassy field toward Urskatha, allowing the clamor of his armor, sword, and shield to announce his presence.

Urskatha wore no armor today, only a loosely fitting black tunic and trousers, with soft boots on his feet and his sword belt slung around his hips. This clothing allowed for ease of movement, and as Sevei approached behind him, he couldn't help but admire that movement.

He shook off any untoward thoughts before he got close enough to be noticed.

“You really should give yourself a break,” he said, keeping his tone neutral but friendly.

Urskatha glanced at him, then turned his attention back to the targets.

“I will,” he replied in a monotone, “when this is all over.”

“The whole war? That could be years!”

Urskatha shrugged, then threw out a glowing orb as if he were pitching a ball.

“I haven't got the luxury of a break just now,” he said. “None of us do.”

“Well, I've got an idea then,” Sevei replied. With a wicked grin, he beat a fist on the front of his shield. “Here's your next target right here. I'd like to test this thing's mettle, and I'm sure you've been dying to hit me. Let's have it.”

Urskatha turned and stared at Sevei as if he had to be joking. “Do you not remember the last time you were hit with this?”

Which time? Sevei thought. He bit his tongue to not say it. “Come on,” he said aloud. “I need to know how to fight one of you w... Alchemists. Help me out.”

“You don't,” Urskatha retorted irritably. “I do. You run, or you get low and get that shield over you.”

“You really think that in a battle of thousands everyone who's not an Alchemist can just run away or cower? This is everyone's fight. Surely you lot have some weaknesses or blind spots us simple folk can exploit. Share.”

Urskatha glared for a long moment, then gave an exasperated sigh. “You're right. Tomorrow, I'll send a few Martials over to train with the troops.”

“Well, if you're really not going to blast me, then draw.” Sevei drew his blade and pointed it at the sword on Urskatha's hip. “You haven't been practicing the sword lately and you'll need to stay sharp there, too.”

Urskatha frowned. “Did you just come over here to pick a fight with me?”

“Yep,” Sevei laughed. “You and I have a score to settle.”

“Let's just call it even.”

“Nope. Let's settle this like men. Draw your blade, General.”

“You said you wouldn't push,” Urskatha said, his face clouding.

“I said I wouldn't push on that matter,” Sevei rejoined. “The two of us commanding this joint force, running this campaign together, that I will push on. No more shutting me out.”

Urskatha looked away across the training field, his jaw clenched, his lips twisting. Finally, he nodded. “Fair enough,” he said brusquely. “You've made your point. I'm not going to fight you.”

Sevei sighed and sheathed his sword. “Yeresym...”

Urskatha's hackles rose further, and although he looked like he might explode, Sevei crossed the few steps between them and reached out a hand to grasp his opposite shoulder, keeping an arm between them as a buffer.

“I know why you're doing all of this,” he said gently. “Yeresym, aside from anything else I really am your friend. I've got your back in this fight, I need you to know that.”

Urskatha stared him down. “You can't fight him,” he said, shaking his head.

“Maybe not,” Sevei agreed, “but you can. And you won't be alone this time. You've got all these Alchemists, along with this entire army. And anything I can do to help, you just name it.”

Urskatha regarded him with a doleful skepticism. He stepped away out of Sevei's grasp, his expression becoming a bit lost.

“Well, at least try not to stress yourself to death waiting for it,” Sevei concluded. “You look tired. Go get to your Contemplation.” He stretched nonchalantly, rolling his shoulders back. “I'll go see what's for dinner. And I'll see you in the map pavilion tonight.”

With a nod of farewell, he turned and trudged across the now empty field to his arming tent, retrieving his helm from the fence along the way. Under the awning, he removed his gauntlets and sword belt and began awkwardly reaching behind himself to the buckles of his maille shirt. Just as he got the top buckle undone, a sudden strong force tugged him backward.

“Your Second isn't here,” Urskatha's voice came very near his ear. “I'll get these for you.”

“Oh-” Sevei said, chuckling to calm his confused and racing heart. “Yes, thanks, that's... easier...”

As Urskatha vigorously yanked at the buckles and straps, Sevei found himself slowly nudged through the untied tent flaps and into the dimly lit interior. Once they had passed through the doorway and the last buckle had been undone, Urskatha pushed the maille forward off of Sevei's arms. It dropped to the ground in a clanking heap.

“Don't just throw it on the ground!” Sevei grumbled.

He was whirled about, and pressed backward until he sat heavily onto the table behind him. Urskatha leaned over him. He pushed himself between Sevei's knees, his hands sliding around Sevei's waist to pull him close.

“Oh-” Sevei breathed, his surprised body flushing with heat. “Alright, then...”

Before he could say anything further, his mouth was covered by another, Urskatha's tongue diving through his lips to eagerly devour him. A small whimper escaped Sevei's constricted throat. His mind reeling, he swept his hands up Urskatha's arms to push lightly at his shoulders.

“I'm not complaining,” he murmured, “but what brought this-”

“You still talk too much,” Urskatha said before capturing his lips again.

He pulled Sevei off the edge of the table, then tugged his tunic up and began to work his trousers open, thrusting both hands down the back of them to shove them down past his hips. Those hands grasped his buttocks firmly, then as they retreated, trailed a finger lightly between them. A soft, prickling sensation undulated over the sensitive skin, then insinuated itself inside him.

Sevei's eyes flew open as everything in that vicinity swelled and tightened at the shocking frisson of pleasure.

“Yeresym...” he whispered against the other man's lips, staring into those deep green eyes that watched him through lowered, lash-shrouded slits.

Yeresym slid one hand around to the front between them and grasped his member, squeezing tightly and moving in even, steady strokes.

Sevei tried to brace himself for what he suspected would come next, but there was no way to be ready for the moment the ethereal energy flared to life. He gasped, breaking their fervent kiss, as the now familiar feeling of Yeresym's energy washed through his pelvis, scattering his mind as the intensity overwhelmed him.

He leaned back and looked down at that glowing hand working him over in its strong and unfaltering grip, then urgently pulled at Yeresym's clothing, dropping the sword belt to the ground with his maille and hastily working the trousers open. As his own hand closed around that hard, hot length of flesh, he looked up again.

Yeresym's beautiful face held a rapt expression, eyes glowering and lips parted as his breath labored roughly.

“Yeresym, this is... incredible,” Sevei gasped. “I'm only sorry I can't do as well for you.”

Yeresym tightened the arm around Sevei's back and pulled him close again, bringing his lips to his ear.

“No,” he whispered harshly, the burst of warm air sending Sevei into shivers. “You're enough.”

Sevei startled, his heart clenching, but before he could form a response, Yeresym took his mouth again in a fiercely passionate kiss and increased the speed of his hand below.

Sevei groaned loudly, and Yeresym dragged his mouth across his cheek, back to his ear.

“Shh...” he admonished.

“Mmm...” Sevei answered.

He took Yeresym's earlobe between his lips, sucking at it, then wrapping his tongue behind the cartilage, relishing the sigh that floated past in response. He planted a series of tender kisses down Yeresym's neck and upon reaching the crook of his shoulder above the collar of his tunic, took a mouthful of flesh between his teeth. This brought a soft vocalization from the other man, and a quiver through his chest. Remembering the last time he was in this position, Sevei bit down hungrily into the muscle.

Yeresym moaned harshly. His body clenched and jerked erratically. His member swelled in Sevei's hand, then spilled its contents over his fingers as the moan became a deep growl in Sevei's ear. At the same time, the ethereal energy flared, sending an electrifying shock jolting through Sevei's body and violently ripping a climax from him.

“Oh, fuck!” Sevei exclaimed.

Yeresym's hold on him tightened, both his hand and the embracing arm gripping him with crushing force as they shuddered and panted against each other, easing only when their breath began to slow and the tremors subsided.

Sevei nuzzled his lips against Yeresym's neck and hummed with contentment.

“So... biting, huh?” he chuckled darkly. “I'll remember that for next time.”

Yeresym stiffened and began to pull away. He glanced at Sevei with a guilty expression.

“I shouldn't have done this,” he said, his voice hoarse and his breath shuddering again. “I'm so sorry.”

Sevei slid his hand around Yeresym's waist to stop his retreat. “Don't be sorry,” he said gently. “You haven't done anything wrong.”

Yeresym leaned back against his arms, but didn't force his way out. “Misleading you isn't wrong?” he said dismally.

“What misleading?” Sevei asked. “I know what this was about, and I'm fine. I did say 'anything I can do to help' didn't I?”

Yeresym shook his head. “Not this,” he mumbled. “I shouldn't... use you like this. This means something to you.”

Sevei raised a hand and threaded his fingers into Yeresym's cornsilk hair, caressing his temple with his thumb.

“And you want to pretend that it doesn't mean anything to you,” he said, a statement rather than a question.

Yeresym answered with silence and a heartbreakingly anguished expression.

“Come here,” Sevei said softly, wrapping his arms around Yeresym and pulling him closer. “I'm fine. You haven't done anything wrong. There's no need to bolt.”

After a moment of hesitation, Yeresym tightened his own arms around Sevei, melting against him with an exhausted sigh.

“Vei! Are you still around here?!” Yanek's shout from across the training field shattered the moment.

“Alright, there may be a need to bolt,” Sevei conceded.

 

10