Chapter 4: Meet the King (1)
127 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A strong wind and sun came through the window. Arthur was still sleeping, and he was lying down on the soft, wide bed. And he finally gets used to his new life and the ethics of the royal family. Then the several maids who were waiting for Arthur in the hallway outside of his room came to wash his body, comb his hair, and change his sleeping pajamas.

*Knock! *Knock! 

[---Your Highness, it is time for you to wake up, It's already morrning.] (Rane)

The maids and Rane then make their way into Arthur's room. And then Riyo, still sleeping.

The voice was very profound and calm. He felt chills throughout his body, and his eyes subconsciously opened. Rather than the bright sunlight coming in through the window to warm the woman's eyes, what he saw was Rane and several maids standing there with a satisfied expression.

"Did you have a good dream, your highness? It is now time for you to wake up," (Rane)

Rane, the woman's maid, stood next to her, holding a cup of hot tea.The woman's beautiful appearance, her chest was like a mountain. She gave it to the royal crown prince and smiled gently at him.

Before we wash you, Your Highness, here's the hot tea. (Maid 1)

"H-Huh? ... Thank you" 

Arthur was surprised when, in front of him, was a huge chest, and then he turned his head to avoid it with an embarrassed face, and he hurriedly drank the tea even though it was still hot.

"*Cough *cough ... It's Hot. It's Hot..." (Arthur)

[Your Majesty! Are you all right?] (Rane)

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I just forgot the tea was still hot..." (Arthur)

And then Rane approached him and gave him a glass of water.

 

[Here's the water... Your Highness.] (Rane)

"Oh! Thank you again. Rane." (Arthur)

After drinking the hot tea, Arthur stood up from his wide bed and raised his two hands, and several maids hurriedly approached Arthur. They changed Arthur's clothes, and having them see his naked every day made him embarrassed and nervous, but for the past five years, he was getting used to it. 

[Your Highness, I'm done changing you.] (Maid 1)

[Fufufu... You are very good mood today, Your Highness.] (Maid 2)

Is that so? Well, the weather today is sure peaceful and you can even hear the twittering sounds of birds.

[You sure are mature. Your Highness, you like a peaceful and quiet environment.] (Maid 3)

Hmm... peaceful, huh? Well, she's not wrong when she that I liked a peaceful and quiet place. But this is the first time it happened to me. Because in my previous world, I was working in a rushed company and there was a loud noise around me every day. In my previous world, you needed to do it on your own in order to survive.

He was stunned for a second when he remembered his previous world, and he had no idea he was being called. And Rane called him again.

[You Highness!]

"Oh!! What's wrong?" Arthur was surprised when he heard a loud noise.

[I'm sorry, your Highness, because I kept calling you but you didn't hear me, so I yelled at you; I sincerely apologize. I'm going to accept any punishment. Your Highness.] Rane said to him while she bowing her head to him.

"It's all right, it's all right. I was dazed for a split second and didn't realize you were calling me. So what do you want to say to me?" (Arthur)

[...The king, your father, was waiting for you to show up in the royal dining hall.] (Rane)

"Huh? The King No-My father wants to meet me?"  Arthur looked surprised when he heard his father wanted to meet with him.

 

[Yes, Your Highness.] (Rane)

"W-Wait... I need to go in the bathroom..." Arthur hurriedly walk toward to his bathroom.

After going into the inside of the bathroom, he took his eyes off the mirror and walked into the sink that was full of warm water. He leaned against the sink and looked up at the ceiling. And he looked at his surroundings in the bathroom. It was all very expensive equipment. The royal room that he lived in was actually quite wide.

Arthur started to mumble as he looked toward the big mirror in front of him.

"Me and the King in the dining hall. What did he want from me? When I first met him, when I was born, he was certainly lively, but now his attitude has suddenly changed. Did he hate me? Or was he tired of me for becoming his royal crown prince? Argh! What's wrong with him? I don't want to see his scary gaze... I hope it becomes just a normal conversation." 

The truth about Arthur: he was definitely scared of his father, the king, and he was still not used to it because they had only met once, and he was trying to hide his true feelings that he was scared. He was pretending to be strong and calm in front of his family, but even though he was a strong magician and he could easily understand his situation regarding the problems of his surroundings and also the problems of the Kingdom of Kraxuris.

[Your Highness, The king is waiting, are you still inside of the bathroom?] 

He could hear Rane's voice coming from outside of the bathroom. Arthur thought about Rane's true identity. Arthur found out that Rane was a former aristocrat and, due to an extremely tragic accident, his family died from the sudden invasion of the demon monster in Cyril Village, where Rane's village was located and his father was the official head of Cyril Village. And his father tried to protect the people, but in the end, the Cyril Village was destroyed and erased from history.

"I'm finished. I'll be right out." (Arthur)

His natural response was to talk informally to the Rane. And then Arthur, while looking in the mirror, made up his mind about what to do in his future.

I inhaled and breathed deeply to calm down and fix my clothes, and then left the bathroom with a calm face and an attitude like a royal crown prince. And do not show any weaknesses in front of the people, not even to my father, the king.

From there, I head to the royal dining room.

Rane stopped to walk, and we arrived at the royal dining hall. In front of us, there was a door with two royal knights guarding it, and on the inside, the King of Zeolum Kingdom was waiting.

[His Highness the Royal Crown Prince have arrived.] Two royal knights said with a loud voice.

Arthur's expression wasn't very relaxed. Because he only met once with the king, his father. 

When two royal knights opened the door with a squeaking sound, the interior came into view.

When I entered the royal dining room, I saw my father, the king.

Beneath a large chandelier and a wide, beautiful place, a portrait of the king was on the wall, and in front of him was a long table and nutrituous food.

And the king were seated in the middle front. When I saw him sitting on the chair, I bowed to my father, the king, who one could see in a formal manner.

"Good morning, My King." 

[Hmm... you arrived. My crown prince, you don't need to be nervous and you don't need to get all formal, just sit down.] 

"Understood." I said, and sat down in the chair.

[So... How's you're day, my royal crown prince.] 

A profound and calm voice from his father, the king, surrounded by silence in the royal dining hall.

 

4