Chapter 5: Meet the King (2)
100 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[So... How's you're day, my royal crown prince.] 

A profound and calm voice from his father, the king, surrounded by silence in the royal dining hall.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'm fine. Your majesty." 

Arthur used the manners he learned over the past five years to pay respect to his subjects, like his father, the king.

[Hmm... I'm glad you weren't bored in this royal castle.] A calm voice from the king.

I looked and closely observed him. I peered at him. His former cheerful and imposing figure was hard to find in his appearance. For the past five years, my father had completely transformed into another person. His lively personality suddenly changed to that of a weary tiger. 

"I'm fine. Because there's a royal library and I'm not bored in the royal castle, Your Majesty."

[What was your training? I heard from your personal maid that you are only studying in the royal library and also I heard that you don't practice your swords.]

The king, his father, stood up, and he took off his royal noble suit and pulled out the crown on his head.

"Father?"

"Hmm...Why?"

"Why did you take off your royal noble suit? Are you not cold?"

"Uhm...Let's go to backyard and I'm gonna test your strength." The king said while he was walking out of the dining hall.

"W-Wait?! What makes you think I'm going to fight you? What about your health, your majesty?"

Just like I said, my father, the king, is a legendary general in the Kraxuris country. He was also famous for leading the royal army in the country. His strength is definitely strong in this world, apparently. He is starting to get old enough. His face is tired and his health is not good either. Even though Riyo was already strong, he was unexperienced in the real battle of life and death because he still had no fighting experience, and now he was going to fight the king of the country of Kraxuris in the mock battle training.

[Crown prince?]

"Yes. I'm going now."

I was walking with my father, the king, and then we arrived at the backyard practice area. Well, even though I say I'm training, I'm only interested in magic while the sword is just swinging around. Still, I have martial arts ability. And the training practice when we arrived, there were so many royal knights who were training. They are running and also swinging their swords. And then the royal two knights in our back suddenly shouted and mentioned the king's arrival. 

~~His Majesty and the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Kraxuris had arrived!~~

And then the several royal knights who were swinging their swords and running stopped their training and looked at their king.

Huh? His Majesty and the crown princes? What are they doing here?

[Yes, it is surprising that the king will come here. It was also my first time seeing the crown prince, who had lovely eyes and had the same eyes as the queen of the Kraxuris kingdom.]

[Yeah, because they said the crown prince was only staying in the royal library to study.]

Arthur was walking with the attitude of the crown prince, but on the inside he was shy, and he did not know what he was going to do.

And then, when the king and crown prince arrive, the several royal knights all bow to him.

~~We greet. Your Majesty, the king of the Kraxuris Kingdom.~~  

[Hmm..Raise you head.]

[Thank you. Your Majesty.]

And the man who approached the king and nodded at him.

[Your Majesty, What are you doing here with the crown prince? You even take off your royal mantle.]

[Oh, knight commander Regord, I'm here for a mock battle with my son, the crown prince.]

[But he was only five years old, Your Majesty. How is the crown prince supposed to fight you?]

[Calm down. It's just a mock battle. I just need him to wake up and keep him out of the royal library. Regord also checked his body. He was almost half-thin. Because of that crap book, he made my crown prince half-thin.]

Huh? Is that how half-skinny I am? And why was he so much hated by the royal library? Well, I have time to ask my mother the queen, so let's focus for now on the mock battle. I'm getting nervous about fighting him. 

And then Arthur looks at the commander of royal knights and uses his ability "Appraisal" on the commander of royal knights.

|APPRAISAL|

A translucent glass appear in front of me and displaying the status of commander of royal knights.

Name: Regord Lucksburg

Gender : Male

Age: 35 years old

"TITLE"

▪  Lucksburg  Marquise 

▪ Royal commander of the Kingdom Kraxuris

▪ Loyalty to the king of the Kraxuris Kingdom

[ABILITY]

▪Physical Strength S+

▪Physical speed D+ 

▪Martial Arts A+

[MAGIC]

▪ Earth Magic C+

▪Fire Magic C+

H-Huh? His strength is about S+. Don't tell me that he only wants physical strength... Well, I also need some physical strength. But I see from his appraisal that he is only loyal to the king, my father. Riyo mumble to himself.

[...Regord, Guide the crown prince to the changing clothes room.. I will be waiting here.]

[Understood. Your Majesty.]

[Please follow me. Crown Prince I will guide you to the changing room.] He nodded while saying.

Arthur was thinking about something when Regord called him. And then he responded to him with the attitude of a crown prince that he had learned for the past five years, with a  calm mood and a calm voice.

"I understand."

◇  ◇  ◇

in the changing room. Arthur finished changing his clothes. He was wearing a black tunic, belted, slip-on overshirt reaching near past the knees, with long sleeves.

And then Arthur heard the sound of a knocking door from outside.

Arthur rubbed his chin and cleared his throat. He threw off the shy attitude and opened his mouth with a normal-pitched voice.

"Come in"

Since he had already replied, without a choice, he raised his languid body up while thinking such thoughts, which put him in an even more serious atittude mood.

Regord bowed respectfully and stepped inside the changing room.

[Excuse my rudeness. Crown Prince.]

"What do you need?"

[Are you finished changing your clothes? Because the king, His Majesty, is waiting for you.]

"I'm already finished. Please lead the way."

[Understood. Crown Prince.]

.....

Then we arrived at the training practice at the royal castle backyard and the king, my father, was holding a wooden sword.

[You're late crown prince! What were you doing?]

"My apologize. Your Majesty."

[...Hmm... I understand. Here's your wooden sword.] 

He thrown the wooden sword to me.

That's why I'm working hard. Because I need to do my best as a crown prince and be useful to my father, the king. He mumbled to himself.

[Well, then let's start today's training session. Crown Prince You can attack at anytime now. If not, Be ready for my attack.]

"Yes! Please take care of me today."

Arthur he attack first and he chant "Fire Big Blaze Magic" and then he fired off his magic to his father. 

The magic of Arthur surprised and amazed the several knights who were watching his fight with the king.

[A-Amazing! The... crown prince can chant fire magic, and it's definitely big and dangerous.]

[Hohoho...I'm getting excited about this fight, you attack by using magic. Well then, Let me cut it.]

The king only stood up, and he did not move from where he stood, and he raised his wooden sword, and he cut it into slices of Arthur's Magic.

 

 

2