How Peculiar
729 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was completely drenched. No clue where the rain came from, but it came. From a sunny bright day to a depressing ungodly dark rainy night, the changes in the weather could give you whiplash. But I had to ignore it unless I didn't want to get paid. Trudging through the storm with a bike and a backpack that was weighing me down was hard, but imagining that lasagna for two made my mouth water.

So there I was, walking along with a trek womane bal 3 disc bike, finally turning that little corner on Mason Street and making my way to Lil' Lucky's and dumping my bike to the side of the window. After fiddling with the door keys, I burst through the flimsy glass door. Leaving it swinging, I stumbled in the dark convenience store, turning to the right and grabbing around for the light.

Finally hitting the switch, the overhead lighted up, revealing the small convenience store. With the lights on, I simply stood there, shivering before squeezing my shirt and watching the water pour out of it. Shuddering, I huffed before swinging my backpack onto the ground, unzipping it, and pulling out my uniform. Despite the name 'uniform' at most, it was a black button-down shirt.

Coming out of the bathroom after changing in it, I took the time to clock in, which meant writing down when I came in and periodically taking pictures of me next to the store clock with a Polaroid camera and leaving it in my boss's office. Doing all of this, I finally sat down in the dingy, old, fold-up chair and waited for customers.

Even though this place is out of the way, people somehow find and decided to come here. Though I don't think even our regulars would ever come here in this weather, even as it was winding down. Boss knew this too, as he said I could leave a couple of hours earlier today. With nothing else to do, I closed my eyes and leaned back.

I wasn't sleeping, just thinking, reminiscing. Reminiscing of my past life, which was unfortunately cut short by an accidental fall. Someone decided to be a thief on top of the Eiffel Tower, pushing me out of the way and over a ledge to my death. I had the displeasure of experiencing skydiving without a parachute. When I landed, after a brief pause, I was staring at a starry sky. Reborn as an abandoned baby lying in a trash bin, I survived with a family of cats and dogs. No cheats, no system, nothing. I mean, if you count my extreme toughness and tenacity to survive, but I think I always had that.  

"H-Hello." I snapped my head up to see where the woman's voice came from. All I saw was almond-shaped cognac eyes, staring into my soul. It instantaneously sent me into a trance, I felt it was endlessly beautiful. She made a small whimper, jolting me out of my daze.

"Um, yes hello. Uh, would you like me to scan your items?" I almost winced at my sentence. 'Most fucking likely dumbass. Not like we need a key for the bathroom' I could only sit there awkwardly and wait for her to respond. She looked at me in a trance of her own, mouth slightly open.

"D-Do you have, um, Amtoin? I need it for..." She pursed her lips, cutting off whatever she was going to say next. 

"No, I don't- we don't have that here, s-sorry." I had no idea why I was stammering, or why I was acting like a wuss in general. Her eyes widened, stammered a bit, looked down at the counter, and bit her lip, seeming to be contemplating something. With her distracted, I took the opportunity to admire her.

With golden-brown hair that was somehow glistening under the dingy overhead light, and a soft round face, thin glossy lips, small, high nose, and beautifully arched eyebrows, I felt a model had stumbled into this shabby shop. All of a sudden she snapped her eyes to mine, rocking slowly. I audibly swallowed, looking down, not willing to get lost in her eyes again. 'Why am I acting so lovesick?'

All I heard was faint breathing, which soon stopped. Then all I heard was the door opening and closing. I whipped my head up in shock, nearly getting out of my seat to call her back. I quickly stopped myself though, I wondered what I was doing. Not even knowing her name, I wanted to chase after her like this was some shitty romantic drama.

Shaking myself, I sat my ass back down firmly on the seat. 'But, if she is around when I clock out...or my next break, I'm gonna talk to her.' Filled with a strange determination, I made up my mind. I promptly stood up and walked out the door. 'It's not like anyone is coming anytime soon, I can just talk to her for a couple of minutes and go back.' By this time, the storm had turned into a drizzle at most, so I could easily speed-walk through the slow falling raindrops.

Turning the same corner, I jogged around the street a bit, before coming upon something a bit large laying on the ground. I slowed down a bit before stopping to look over it in curiosity and mild preparation to take care of a drunkard. Turning it over a bit, to my horror, it wasn't a drunkard. It was the model I was looking for.

I immediately shook her, not too much as I didn't know where or whether or not she was injured. All I heard were soft whines, so I put a little more strength in my shaking. I even called out to her to no avail, so I did what I could do, hoisting her up in a bit of a princess carry. She felt dangerously light despite the fact she seemed virtually unconscious.

So I picked up my pace and sprinted towards the store for my bike. Getting to the infamous corner, I yanked the bike up with urgency. Sitting on it quickly, I placed the unconscious girl's body towards mine, wrapped her legs around my waist, and held her close. I 'put the pedal to the metal' so to speak, flying through the road on the bike.

With the road so slippery, I had to reluctantly slow down. I adjusted the girl on my body, preparing to go find the nearest hospital, which would probably end up just being a clinic as I was in a bit of a ghetto. But before I could begin my search, I felt her shifting on me. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I saw you passed out on the road, don't worry, I'm getting you to the hospital-"

"N...No hospital....No m...." She trailed off, not finishing what she was going to say for the second time. But she was still conscious, just barely. I was very confused, she didn't want the hospital? I mean, based on what she said, she has no money. I could understand that, but she needed help! Well, I could take her there and pay for her, or at least take on her debts. 

Sighing, I knew I couldn't do that, it wasn't sustainable. So, I did the only thing I thought of, take her back to my apartment. Luckily, I lived pretty much immediate walking distance from the convenience store, so I merely adjusted my path. Within minutes, we arrived. I bolted up the stairs, carrying the girl up with me.

Bursting through the door, I lumbered in. I ended up keeping her in my little bedroom. Gently placing her down on the bed, I rushed to the bathroom then bounced around to the kitchen to get a wet, warm towel. Getting it, I placed it on her forehead trying to keep her conscious. I didn't know what to do, hospital or not. All I knew was that she was cold and breathing. Bending down near her, I tapped on her face softly and called out to her.

"Miss? Miss, please wake up." I said while shaking her slowly, only for her eyes to pop open, scaring me. I quickly got over it though, and the feeling of relief washed over me.

"Miss, are you okay? I found you collapsed near the shop, you didn't want me to take you to the hospital because you have no money?" She merely stared at me for a moment, then let out a tired smile that made shivers go down my spine.

"Oh? That's true, right now I have no money hand. I'm just fine don't worry, all I need is your...care." That tired smile slowly morphed into a bit of a playful smirk, combined with the fact she whispered the last sentence in my ear, making my heart skip a beat.

"It hasn't kicked in yet, I'm just feeling a bit different. When it comes...you'll know..." She seemed to have this bad habit of trailing off or not finishing her sentences. I merely nodded and reeled back, now painfully aware of how close we were. I cleared my throat and scuttled off into the kitchen.

"How strange, what a...peculiar alpha."

S-Should I add the futa tag to this? I'm scared too. Also, I made this at like midnight so I'm not sure of the quality so scuse me. Mc's personality, looks, and even her name haven't come through yet, but I'm hoping the next chapter will. Hope yall enjoy

Yall like it?
  • Yeah Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No, not really Votes: 4 10.3%
Total voters: 39
12