03 – A fated meeting
2.8k 10 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now that I'm done with the royals, what should I do? Should I visit the shopping district?"

No, I probably shouldn't. I don't even know where I am, nor do I know what the currency of this World or this Kingdom's values are.

But let's think about that later, the first problems first.

Where am I? No matter how you look at it, it's one of those shady streets where all sorts of troubles brew, kidnapping for example. Hmm? That's a flag.

After a few minutes of roaming around.

"Ooii oi! What's a little kid doing in this kind of place? What if you got kidnapped here? You're also quite good-looking. Here, I'll lead you back to the main street." An old man appeared behind me from nowhere!

:Name:Orto
:Race:Human
:Age:35
:Level:32
:Stats:
STR:46
AGI:72
DEX:32
INT:23
LUK:6
VIT:46
Total stats:225

:SKILLS:
Active: Slash 3, Stealth 4, Speed up(+10% AGI, 2:00 duration) 5, Shadow Step
Passive: Short sword 7, Agility Control 6

:Attributes:
Dark: 49/100

:Titles:
[Former A-rank Hunter],
[Masochist]⟩Randomly creates a situation that will lead the user to his pleasure,
[Shadow]⟩Allows for a more stealthy and quick movement whenever the light level drops to a certain point

An average-looking 35-year-old man who's not actually average and a masochist appeared! And he's more than 2 feet taller than me! I know it's random but, having a small body is quite inconvenient, same goes for the opposite.

Is he a kidnapper? Is this where I collect my flag?

Let's put up an act just to be safe, if he grabs on me or whatever I'll just kick him on the balls. I know how painful that is since I once experienced it back when I was still Kyle. Though he might like it since he's a masochist.

"Umm, who are you, Mister?" I meekly asked.

Did it work?

"For such a cute little girl to be in a place like this. What are the guards doing?"

Seriously, did it work? He sounded doubtful. Let's say 50/50, humu, that should be good.

"Umm?"

With a little bit more push.

"Here, hold my hand, I'll guide you back to the main street, and let's search for your parents." He said as he reaches for me with his hands gesturing that we should hold hands.

Safe?

"Aahh! Thank you very much, big bro!"

I didn't hold his hand and grabbed onto his shirt instead. It's safer this way.

"You don't need to be cautious, you know? Ah, can't be helped," he said and reached for me.

"Aah!? What are you…?!"

Right now he's carrying me on his shoulders. The air feels good but I don't want people to see me as a child most of the time, I don't want to be underestimated because of my looks as well.

"This should be better, are you fine with it?" He asked.

This guy's quite nice. I want him to just take me in, and help me with my emotions. Of course, that's a no… yet, just yet.

"Ah, yes..."

After a few minutes, we arrived at the main street. There sure is a lot of people.

"So? Where are your parents? What do they look like?"

What should I do? I can't just tell him that I don't have parents… now can I? Should I bring him somewhere with no people? Oh, I have an idea.

"Huh? Ahh! Oi, are you ok? Oi?!"

I pretended to faint. With this, he will either bring me back to his house or the clinic. I prefer his house since the chance of him living alone is… high? A gamble it is.

After more than 10 minutes we arrived at his house, that's good.

He lied me down on the bed and checked my temperature. It seems like he doesn't have a family. Don't mind me, then.

Oh, he left the room. This gives me chance to check if he's one of the spies that the king sent, but that has a low chance of happening. Maybe.

I looked around his room and found nothing that may have anything to do with the royals.

But I still gotta keep my guard up since he might have hidden it somewhere else.

"Ah."

He's back with someone else. Did he ask for help? Not good, let's pretend to have woken up to relieve him.

I quickly returned to the bed.

"Ooh! You're awake, little girl! I'm glad!"

He tried to hug me but, I simply evaded him by moving to the other side of the bed. I don't want an old guy hugging me. But that's kinda mean so let's change the topic.

"It seems that I'm not needed here anymore, huh? That's great but, I'll ask just in case. Are you feeling unwell or something? Does it hurt anywhere? I'll be leaving if there are no problems."

"Ah, yes. I'm not feeling anything bad."

"That's great. I'll be taking my leave then. See you."

He left. Is it safe now? He's outside of the house now. Let's talk about the case to mister then.

"Oi, are you sure you're not feeling unwell? I can call him again if there's a problem."

"Why talk now out of all time, Mister Masochist?"

"Wha?! Masochist!? Did you use appraisal!?"

I dropped the act and started a conversation.

"Let me introduce myself properly. I'm Celeste Crourem, a vampire. I thank you for getting me out of that alley, I was kind of lost after all."

He doesn't seem to be that surprised about it. I can't shake off this feeling that there's something about him…

"Haahh. So that is why something felt off, your temperature was low too. But a vampire, huh. And a daywalker at that. Why is a legendary being in this kind of place?"

"Please introduce yourself first before I answer your questions."

"Ah, sorry about that. I'm Orto, just Orto. That masochist title, please ignore it, I don't know how it works but I got the title because of my friend, and it's inaccurate too."

"So Orto, right? But, back there it seemed like you would prefer being called b-i-g b-r-o."

Oh, he blushed, so he likes to be called that way, huh.

"Please don't tease me like that, if you noticed please just ignore it."

A siscon is easy to trick, this can be useful.

"So? What are your questions?"

I'd rather not have to answer but, this is to keep him relieved just in case he might suspect me.

"First, where are you from?"

"Next question please."

"No good, huh? Then, why is a great vampire such as yourself in such a place like that? Your senses are supposed to be superior, aren't they?"

"I was lost. I was trying to find the way to the shopping district and thought that I could use some shortcuts which didn't end well, as you can see. "

"Why did you want to get to the shopping district? Do you even have money?"

"I don't, but I wanted to know the values of money and a way to obtain some, an average way is preferable."

"So you wanted to get some money, huh? And to not know the values of money, were you born yesterday?"

A troublesome question came up. Let's make things up to avoid suspicions.

"No, I was sleeping since I was born. In a room underground with someone."

"And this someone is?"

"Can't answer, sorry."

That might have caused even more suspicion.

"Sigh. So? I can help you with finding a job but not with your emotions."

Aren't those questions kinda pointless? And for him to notice my emotions.

"So you noticed, huh? That's too bad, I wanted your help, after all, big bro."

I said it with a higher and cuter voice and looked up at him with teary eyes.

"Agh! Please stop, it won't work this time!"

"I see, that's too bad. I thought I can use that weakness to control y- *Cough cough*"

"Oi! Are you sure you're fine?!"

What's with this sudden heat? My body feels numb, my teeth and stomach hurts, my sight is getting fuzzy, and what's up with this hunger? Do vampires even in this world need to rely on blood? Aren't Celestial Vampires excluded from that rule?

Not good, my consciousness is fading.

"Oi! What is it, oi?!"

"Bloo… od… "

Now… fain… ting…

***Orto's POV***

"Blood? Sigh, of course, this would happen, what is this girl doing?"

I'll ready some food and a cup of my blood for her while waiting since I have nothing to do. Might as well clean the house while I'm on it.

30 minutes later. Back to Celes' POV

"Nya..?"

An unfamiliar ceiling. Oh, yeah right, I was in Mr. Orto's house.

"Oh, you have woken, huh. Here, some blood and some meal as well."

Oh, that's helpful.

"Nnhh!?"

I took a sip of the blood first and wasn't able to stop.

"Hnnh… nnhhnn…"

What is this? This is going to be a hobby fast. It feels good, it feels like my brain stimulated all of my pleasure nerves at the same time, and intensely at that.

"Nnh… haaahh…"

Oh, I can see a better and more detailed description of his stats.

:Name:Orto

:Race:Human

:Age:35

:Level:32

:Stats:

STR:46

AGI:72

DEX:32

INT:23

LUK:6

VIT:46

Total stats:225

Accumulated Strength:

Potential:75/150

Senses: 75/150

Physical: 75/150

Mind:75/150

Emotional:75/150

:SKILLS:

Active: Slash 3, Stealth 4, Speed up(+10% AGI, 2:00 duration) 5, Shadow Step

Passive: Short Sword mastery 7, Agility Control

:Attributes:

Dark: 49/100

:Titles:

[Former A-rank Adventurer], [Masochist], [Shadow]

Accumulated Strength? I'll have to research that.

"I'm in your debt again, I'll gratefully accept it. Please ask me anything I can help with."

"Oh~? That's quite tempting." Said Orto with a raised eyebrows.

Does he think he can get back at me with this? I'm emotionless, do you not remember? Do you expect me to get embarrassed and angry?

I quickly averted my sight away from him and made my face red with some magic. And with a little line...

"Please be gentle with me, big bro."

"I-I won't ask for it, so please don't make it more tempting! What will you do if I lost myself there!?"

It worked. Somehow the face that he makes is funny, so I'll keep doing this to get a clue about my emotions, I'm sorry Orto-san. I'm really glad that I met him.

"I'll let you have your way, but don't expect me not to punch you once or twice before it."

"I'm telling you, stooop!"

Looks like I'll be able to reclaim the emotion of "Happiness" earlier than expected. I'm looking forward to your help in the future, Orto-san. Please take care of me.

"Oi! What's up with that look?! Ooii!? Even if you're emotionless I can definitely tell that you're thinking of something weird!  Oi!"

*****

86