09 – Getting ready for the Ball.
1.5k 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are we there yet, Celeeees? How long do we have to walk?" Cess complained to Celeste as she lean onto her knees.

"Just a little more, Cess,"

"You said that too, 20 minutes ago!" Cess raised her voice on Celes.

(That's because I'm lost again. I'll need to develop some kind of mind map magic or map tracing. I'm capable on most things, but look at me now.) Thought Celes, in an obvious bind.

The two walked for a couple more minutes. Though Celes is just deceiving Cess as she tries to figure out what to do. But then, "Oh, Celes! Fancy meeting you here! Who's this little lady here? Could she be one of your coworkers?" Reg came in clutch to pull Celes out of her bind.

"To you too, Mr. Reg. And yes, she is one of my coworkers." Introduced Celes followed by Cess bowing down "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh my, it's my pleasure." Reg brought his fancy white feathered hat down to his chest as he bowed elegantly.

"Well then, milady," Kneeled Reg as he offered his hand out, reaching out for Cess'.

"That's enough." Celes butted in, "Ack!" then threw a pebble made out of magic onto Reg's head.

"So? What are you doing here?" Asked Celes, as she picked up the pebble. It's not good to litter after all.

'For you, because you wanted to get to my shop, but ended up getting lost. I can't say that out loud, now can I?' Reg glanced to Celes.

'Just tell us the reason you came up with earlier.' Replied Celes, raising the pebble.

'Can you please put down that pebble?' Reg sincerely begged, 'Nope,' Celes then threw it again, at a greater speed buffed by her :Perfect Agility:.

(This hairpin is convenient. I just have to channel magic through it and I can talk to whoever has another one without even having the need to talk.) Celes thought.

"Ack! Stop it, seriously!" Reg then snapped at Celes. "And how is it so fast!? I couldn't even see it!" he added.

"U-umm…?" Cess then finally got the gut to butt in."Who is he? B-by Reg— you don't mean that great Reg, right!?" Cess panicked.

"Great Reg? Great Reg heeh? That's right, this Yuri fan here is that great Reg." Celes–

"E-enough fooling! Celes, why are you still out at this hour!?" pointed the blushing Reg at Celes, without even letting me finish narrating.

"We're walking towards your shop, but somehow met the owner on the way." Said Celes.

"I-I see! Then, I shall lead the way." He then rushed walking back to where Celes was walking just now.

"Waah! Didn't we come from there?! You weren't lost earlier were you, Celes!?" Cess noticed.

"I wasn't. I sensed him nearby, so went to meet with him," Celes lied as easily as she breathed.

"I'll leave you behind, so get to walking already!" Shouted Reg.

"Got it." Replied the 2 in unison.

*****

"Waah! He really is that great Reg! I-I can't afford his work, Celes! C-Could it be!? Will you buy it for me!?" Cess then got closer and closer to Celes with every word, forcing Celes onto the wall, which was then enclosed by Cess' arms as she slammed on the wall.

(She could get worked up by clothes this hard? Since Reg is grinning at us right now, I'll get out of here…) Celes then disappeared and appeared in front of Reg in a mere millisecond.

"Fast!" Reg reacted.

"Stop fantasizing, the two of you. And no, I'm not buying it for you, Mr. Reg here will give it to us." Celes then went ahead for the stairs to the second floor.

"Wait, I will!?" Reg then jumped on Celes' words.

"Ah right. What kind of party are we attending, Cess?" She then asked.

"Please don't ignore me…" Poor Reg. That's what you get for interfering with my narrating.

No response from Cess.

"I'll throw a pebble at you." Celes raised her hand and then threw the pebble.

"Aah! You didn't have to do that, Celess!" She then went back to her senses.

"I'll ask again in case you're still not awake. What kind of party are we attending? Is it a ball or a casual party?" She then asked again.

"Ah? It's a ball hosted by the third son of Marquis Galroe, Lord Laor. The other 3 of his sons are already dead though. Must've been an inheritance war," Cess then said with a worried expression.

"Marquis Galroe you say? I don't like the sound of that…" Included Reg.

"We don't really have the choice to refuse the invitation either, so we thought of just enjoying it," Cess said as she gave a cute smile.

(As cute as always, the past me would've cried for being alive for about 2-5 hours a day by now.)

"But why though? It's already decided that you're to accept if you're a commoner?" Celes questioned.

"Yeah, that family is known for their problematic deeds, so you better be careful. I also recommend dresses that won't stand out." Reg then went to the second floor and brought back 2 dresses in a hanger with him.

The first one is Celes', a more gothic black long dress with purple frills on every end and an open back tied with a dark red ribbon hung around her neck and then tied into a beautiful knot on the back of her neck. Reg then went ahead and tied her hair onto thick twin tails on the sides.

"… Cute…" Cess' thoughts came out loud.

"Indeed, but it's bound for nobles to be in that party you're attending if it's held by the Marquis' son. Nobles tend to stand out so you'll be overshadowed if you're wearing only this much, to stand out less you should keep your head down. The twin tails are also a disguise to hide your slightly pointed ears. As for you… come here for a second, just a quick measuring." Reg stated.

"I'll be doing that, you pervert. At least wipe off your droll." Celes then threw a pebble at Reg, "Agh! It's seriously too fast!" Reg complained.

Celes then grabbed onto Cess' arms and dragged her into one of the changing rooms with a measuring tape in tow. Celes then quickly took Cess' measurements.

"Why the rush? We can be here longer, you know?" Cess then asked.

"It's because I thought that the only pervert here was Mr. Reg, but I was mistaken." Celes raised the curtain and then got out of the changing room.

"How can you sa-" Cess wanted to complain but was cut off by Celes in the middle of her dialogue.

"Wipe off that drool." She then ordered.

Celes then told Reg Cess' measurements, then proceeded to bring down a yellow dress with a white skirt only reaching down to her knees with an open shoulders design. With a similar red ribbon tied around her waist and tied into a knot at the back.

"Hahaha! Do I look cute, Celes?" Cess then smiled at Celes and asked.

"Yes, you are. I just hope that we don't stand out because of you," Celes said before walking into the changing room.

"… Ehehehe…" Cess then giggled at Celes' words.

The two changed back to their previous clothes then Reg wrapped the clothes into a wooden box.

"Then that's dealt with. Is there anything else you think you'll need? Like that hairpin?" Asked Ren before handing over 5 more hairpins with the same design as Celes'.

"I'll be taking those off you then, thank you. We'll be leaving now," Celes grabbed onto Cess' right hand with her left before heading to the door.1Why did I type these details in despite it being unnecessary? To justify that Yuri tag because I decided to move the actual gl a little further in the future, cause why the hell not.

"You're seriously not paying for those..? The total of 3 Dark brown gold coins. They might be less detailed, but the materials used are high quality," Reg asked nervously.

"Hm? I will, maybe after a year since my pay is only 2 silver coins each week, and 1 silver coin is for my living expenses and more."

"I see…" Reg sighed mentally.

"I'll try to find a job with more income. Maybe start my own business. Well then, we'll be leaving," Celes said before pushing out the door and thought (Well, I have knowledge and information about businesses that I can use in this world. It should be easy if I want to.)

Celes bumped into a tall man in light armor meant for mobility after she left the shop.

"Sorry about that, little lady. You should head home now our country's security is top tier, but we can never be sure," The tall man patted Celes on the head before entering Reg's shop.

(Who was that? Someone Mr.Reg knows? I won't be digging into it, frying over other people's lives can be dangerous.)

"More than that, you've been trembling a lot there, Cess."

"Fueh!? A-a-h, I uhh… 3 dark brown go… " Cess muttered and stuttered as she hugged the box half of her size tighter.

"So you're worried about the price, huh? Don't worry, I'll pay for it. If I'm still here that is."

"That makes me worry more!" Cess shouted.

*****

The six of them arrived at the side door meant for commoners.

"Let's get'n then!" Said Amy in high spirits.

Cess and Celes wore their dresses, along with the others, though compared to the two of them their's are a bit plainer. As one would expect from a commoner.

"Yup, let's" Reg replied.

"Why are you here again, Mr.Reg?" Asked Celes.

"Yeah? That man you bumped into last night turned out to be a messenger from Lord Laor. Well, I'm the one who prepared his suit for tonight's event, so it's only natural that I get invited too. Though I expected the invitation a little earlier." Explained Reg.

"Really. Then if you're associated with them, shouldn't you stay away from us? They'll notice us because of you after all."

"Yeah, I understand that. I'll get going then, you girls follow up after me." Reg said.

After Reg went in, they followed and gave their invitation to one of the guards, and stayed in a less crowded corner of the room while waiting for the event to start.

"Everyone, we'll be starting after all the guess arrives. Please let yourself to the light meals that our Lord has prepared," Said one of the announcers on the side of the stairs before going back to the backroom.

"Permission granted, I'mma go get m'self some food," Amy said before heading off.

"That girl, seriously… wait up!" Kaith said as she catches up to Amy.

"Get us some too! Though please keep it to four plates only!" Requested Sheena.

"It sure is crowded here. Are all of those in the front nobles?" Lam wondered.

"Yeah, they are. You can tell just by the number of their accessories and the detail on their attires. How enviable, I wish I was born as a noble too." Cess said as she grabbed a glass of wine from one of the maid's kart."Geh! Sweet, it's too sweet and the alcohol level is too high! What's this?" She then complained after a sip.

"Hahaha! What was that face just now!? That was so unsightly!" Lam sneered at Cess' expression.

"We're back! What's up with those two?" Said and asked Kaith.

"Some things," Said Celes as she took a mouthful of the salad with a spoon. "Wah! That's mine…" Kaith said.

(Salty. The sauce isn't enough.)

*****

50