46.1 – Careful what you say
369 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Was that all, milady?" The boy attendee said as he lifted another of our 'baggage'.

"That would be all, yes. Good work," I said as I handed a single copper coin.

He blinked as he looked at the copper coin I handed him and asked, "Milady, this is?"

"Hm? Courtesy, you could say? Take it, it's for you."

He bowed with a smile and said, "Thank you milady. Well then," before leaving.

Perhaps tipping is not a common thing in this world. Another thing that my disguise helped me with.

"Are you guys all good?" I asked the three girls standing just behind me in their respective attires.

"Of course, young miss!" Lory asked as she lifted her helmet. Followed by Li and Lo's light nod.

"Well then, let's get going."

After being led to the front of the otherwise long line, we would have been aboard hadn't a cheeky noble called us out about Ahsa.

"Hey! I know that you're a special case and all, but I can't allow a slave board before me, a noble!" He shouted as his long straight hair swayed left and right while he points at Ahsa.

The conductor tried to calm the guy but he doesn't seem to be willing to back down.

"Do you not know which family I am from!? I am Gabriel Alberrioko, the heir of the great Ducal Alberrioko Family! You'll heed my words unless you want to have a taste of my father's wrath!" And now he's made it past the conductor who's still trying to hold him back to the line behind him.

"Good day, Mister Alberrioko. I understand where you're coming from but how are you so sure that my attendant here is a slave? Shouldn't slaves be wearing something less extravagant or are adored with chains and cuffs instead of ribbons and laces? Or is that how it works in your territory, Mister Alberrioko?" I waved to the girls to go behind me as I deal with this idiot while still holding on to Ahsa's hand.

"First of all, you are to refer to me as Lord Gabriel! Second, I have a skill that tells me what someone's job is and with that, I know a slave when I see one!"

"I don't see the reason why I should abide by your demands though, Mister Alberrioko. Is there any way that this benefits me, or us, should we do as you say?"

Frowning from anger, he stomped on the ground and shouted, "This is why inferior races are annoying! They're just so stupid! My only demand is that I board the ship before you bunch, two elves and a slave!"

"Sigh, this is a waste of time. Conductor, to our room if you could please," And with that, we left the fuming idiot behind and walked to our room along with a female attendant assigned by the conductor.

"I am ashamed that you had to see the shame of our race, milady. Please do find it in your heart to forgive such idiocy," She bowed deeply after we reached the room.

"Forget it. We all have idiots like those. That said, we'll be getting in now. We still hadn't eaten lunch, could you perhaps bring us this ship's top ordered meal? For four people."

"Of course, I will be right back after 10 minutes or so. Well then," She said and she took off.

(That girl. Her strength… is she maybe another one of the guards assigned by the city lord? Specializing in shadow magic, I guess her job here is to keep the passenger's safety from potential threats from the shadows. Not just her but also that conductor. Though that one seemed to be more on synthesis and alchemy. To check for poison on the food, maybe? Oh well. I'll just enjoy this ride with Ahsa and the others if the security is this tight. Nobody should be able to go against these kinds of guards.)

Now that, right there, is a flag.

*****

21